Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you trim your 'man' hair?*** MOD NOTE POST No.1 PAY HEED!!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭GaughMan

Just keep it trimmed!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Dingle Berry

Keeping it trimmed works for me. It always looks tidy and avoids any complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Keeping it trimmed works for me. It always looks tidy and avoids any complaints.

Do you ever get any Dangleberries Dingle Berry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Jogathon wrote: »
    Buy a scrub, like St Ives with ground apricot and use it every second day on the area for about two weeks. That should clear up the skin if the little lumps are ingrown hairs.

On a personal note, I keep myself totally tidy downstairs - and would expect men to reciprocate. It's only polite!

Ok, so I have been using the scrubs the last week on my embarrassing scenario. I can see that each day the scrubs would take a layer off the little lumps of skin, so much so that they bleed. I'm pretty sure they are ingrown hairs now. I haven't been with any women this year (I know, I know), and they only appeared since my extreme jogging bout. Still might go to the doctor or dermatologist though, as the skin just feels like "dead skin". No feeling, doesn't get bigger or smaller, they are just there........ :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

seachto7 wrote: »
    Ok, so I have been using the scrubs the last week on my embarrassing scenario. I can see that each day the scrubs would take a layer off the little lumps of skin, so much so that they bleed. I'm pretty sure they are ingrown hairs now. I haven't been with any women this year (I know, I know), and they only appeared since my extreme jogging bout. Still might go to the doctor or dermatologist though, as the skin just feels like "dead skin". No feeling, doesn't get bigger or smaller, they are just there........ :(

I'd say it's the sweat that's really aggravating it. I don't shave my pubes either, I just trim but even then this has happened once or twice to me before.
    With training you'd be sweating and causing a lot of friction to that area so it would be irritating ingrown hairs.

If the scrubs are just making things worse then lay off them because it sounds like you have sensitive skin, and it's a delicate area to begin with.
    I found that a bit of moisturiser helped a lot if things got rough with short hair and that was all that was needed avoid ingrown ones. Give it a week of that and you should be sorted.

And if you're trimming/shaving and you feel it's noticeably uncomfortable and a bit aggravated afterwards, it's no harm to throw on a small bit of moisturiser to avoid anything like that from flaring up again because it softens the hairs. Works for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Only use a scrub once or twice a week and moisturise the area daily. Use E45 cream, or better still use Bio Oil (boots sell it, Aldi have a cheaper version). Bio Oil will help skin healing and minimise any red marks or scars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭blue note

Just bought a babyliss for men. Going home to trim my nutsack now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

After a shave spray the area with an alcohol free deodorant. It works.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hurling Mad

Lads Shaving the meat balls and truncheon is a very satisfactory exercise, as well as making it look bigger its cleaner and fresher. I shave every morning in the shower or a great place is to sit on the loo, that way you get at the underneath and of course the ass crack. I mostly dry shave with a lady shave or that type. Ye some times you can give the sack a little nick, but some tissue in the underwear sorts that. Hey and it gets noticed on the cloths less beaches in France!!!
    The wife loves it and so do a few others I know. Wish I could get the Mrs' to do the same though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 going2aus

Defo do some "MANscaping" i prefer an electric razor with different length settings. save any unwanted cuts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement