Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you trim your 'man' hair?*** MOD NOTE POST No.1 PAY HEED!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Panthro wrote: »
    To be fair, the posts I removed were After Hours type posts in nature.
    I don't mean to sound shítty lads but under the moderation section of the Charter, it states not to argue a moderation decision on thread.

Post Edited,
    Woolymammoth, any more similar type posts will result in an infraction.
    First and final warning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

Couple of years ago few the lads were in one of my mates rooms, 1 lad was looking through his games when he came to a pile of pubes between games,never laughed so much in my life,when we showed the guy who owns the pubes he panicked and denied they were his and threw them out the window and said they must be his sisters.
    He wasn't the sharpest of tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭death1234567

Trimmed it once with a scissors, itched like hell for a week.
    Surprised the amount that do it tbh. So is the only way bald or not at all?
    Never gone bald.I have an electric hair trimmer that I use when required.
    Does it not still itch as it re-grows? Don't fancy walking around with an itchy ball bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Nope,I leave approx half an inch of hair give or take so its never growing back from the root.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Has anyone here waxed down below? I'm quite tempted to do it, not all over but just in one patch. My pubes kind of grow up the shaft of my penis a bit at the sides, I find it very annoying. I normally shave frequently anyway so it does not get a chance to grow too long too often, but still wazor burn etc is a pain. A while back I simply got a tweezers and plucked a load out in the bit that was annoying me. It look ages and sometimes hurt a bit but it was a lot nicer afterwards. I'm thinking I should get some form of waxing kit like girls use for their legs etc - but have no idea what. Has anyone done this? I just want to do a tiny bit at a time. Any advice or experiences?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭blue note

I did once, or at least I shaved the whole thing. Just for the fun of it really, but the girlfriend found it prickly, so told me not to again. I had no idea that guys groom down there. Sure I might start I suppose. I want to ask my friends is this normal or just lads on boards saying it is. Not sure how I could ask them though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I use a second electric razor with the beard trimmer attachment. Then follow up with the mach 3. Balls are still difficult to trim, cut myself once, only lightly but still unpleasant.
    Id love to try the hair removal cream but its advised not to and amazon has some humorous reviews/accidents.

Ive gone bald once before and personally liked but women dont like it. I remember one girl on boards mentioned a story about how she went back to a guys place, was going down on him and noticed he was completely clean shaven. She was about to carry on when she got a horrible thought in her head; "This must be what it feels like to a paedophile". She grabbed her stuff and ran out.

Anyone tried waxing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

These days the manscaping is confined to my nose and ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭The Idyll Race

This wasn't an issue before Sex in the City and internet pron *waves stick*

It still isn't, for me! It was for the previous Mrs Race, she insisted I shave the side rugs (hairy patches on the back) off and give an overall trim. I refuse to now because the itch was desperate and there are a lot of old zit craters that should have been left well enough alone. The "hygiene" argument is nonsense, if you wash properly every day, how is hair in anyway dirty?

It works both ways, I really dislike the plucked chicken look and like a woman to be womanly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

I trimmed down below today and am very impressed! Looks good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I hate the hair that grows on the sack so I shave that and keep the rest reasonably trimmed.

I don't get this thing where men would get rid of their chest and underarm hair though.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

I keep everywhere trimmed, EVERYWHERE, and I will wax the back when I get time to, cant stand having a hairy back

im a hairy man unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

The "hygiene" argument is nonsense, if you wash properly every day, how is hair in anyway dirty?

It's not about hygiene, really, it's more about how unpleasant it is to be coughing up hairballs for hours afterwards...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I keep the main area closely trimmed, and everything else (himself and the two boyos) shaved.
    As has been said, if I prefer a lady to be trimmed or shaven, then it's only fair I do the same. Besides, it looks a lot nicer, and is (apparently) a lot more pleasant to work with down there.
    As for elsewhere, I'm not very hairy but I keep the likes of my chest and underarms trimmed. I shave the likes of my upper arms or stray back hairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭The Idyll Race

Honey-ec wrote: »
    It's not about hygiene, really, it's more about how unpleasant it is to be coughing up hairballs for hours afterwards...

Hairballs? I like pussy but I've never eaten a cat..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I like to keep it nice and trimmed, never shaved though, that wouldn't seem right, and would look stupid with my hairy chest!!
    I would also expect any woman I sleep with to keep herself reasonably trimmed, just a personal preference :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Immac on > wait twenty minutes > wipe off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

Ive often been curious to how a shave would look and feel etc! But I also take communal showers after football so unless I get a serious injury that rules me out for a few months I wont be going down this route, no way am I publicly going to show off baldy balls-yikes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭franc 91

I understand that there are salons where they do the waxing for you and I've also heard that a gentleman that's had his hair tastefully removed not only from below the belt but elsewhere is known as a smoothie - apparently it helps you to swim faster. Not so long ago I was booked in for an operation and the nurse came in just before I was about to be taken down to the operating theatre, with an electric razor in her hand. I offered to do the job myself, to which she readily agreed. No subsequent itchiness was observed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I keep it all trimmed as well as my happy trail.

I'd never go hairless. I think if you have it all in check, a bit if hair is attractive and masculine.

Not a fan of looking like a boy and being all smooth. To me it doesn't look as good and I couldn't be arsed with the maintenance!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Guys,

A bit of an embarrassing scenario for me. I would have a history of not having good skin. As in, when I got acne years ago, it would more often that not leave a scar, which doesn't bother me really.

Well a month or so ago, after a lot of jogging, I notice that in the "down there region", but lower stomach, as opposed to being below that :eek: there are what look like spots. I am thinking they could be ingrown hairs as well?

I am single so it can't be what you might think it is! But, there is no pain, and it's like the soreness of a spot has gone, but the little lump of skin is left over. So, it looks unsightly.

It could also be down to not paying enough attention scrubbing down there during a shower!

I am embarrassed to go to a dermatologist just yet, and am going to try and get some good shower gel/cleanser to see if it will do, but they are almost like little scars at this stage, no pain or feeling from them, just there.. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

seachto7 wrote: »
    Guys,

A bit of an embarrassing scenario for me. I would have a history of not having good skin. As in, when I got acne years ago, it would more often that not leave a scar, which doesn't bother me really.

Well a month or so ago, after a lot of jogging, I notice that in the "down there region", but lower stomach, as opposed to being below that :eek: there are what look like spots. I am thinking they could be ingrown hairs as well?

I am single so it can't be what you might think it is! But, there is no pain, and it's like the soreness of a spot has gone, but the little lump of skin is left over. So, it looks unsightly.

It could also be down to not paying enough attention scrubbing down there during a shower!

I am embarrassed to go to a dermatologist just yet, and am going to try and get some good shower gel/cleanser to see if it will do, but they are almost like little scars at this stage, no pain or feeling from them, just there.. :(:(

If you shave the area over your penis bare it might cause a rash maybe?

If you're not trimming/shaving it then I don't know.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Willy does.. makes it look bigger; right or at least that's what they say

I dont have much hair... the obvious, initial places but not much nor not much further than. balls will drop yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

If you shave the area over your penis bare it might cause a rash maybe?

If you're not trimming/shaving it then I don't know.

I would not shave, just trim it, so maybe it is down to ingrown hairs...?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

Buy a scrub, like St Ives with ground apricot and use it every second day on the area for about two weeks. That should clear up the skin if the little lumps are ingrown hairs.

On a personal note, I keep myself totally tidy downstairs - and would expect men to reciprocate. It's only polite!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

it could be ingrown hairs,they often dont hurt at all just cause a bump.I have gotten a fe before.A scrub should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jlacey

you'd be amazed what tips are out there, but women do prefer it all tidy down there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

jlacey wrote: »
    you'd be amazed what tips are out there, but women do prefer it all tidy down there!

Complete news to me at 50 :) but then again it seems you must have surveyed quite a few ladies to be so confident ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

The aulder ones prefer it hairy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

A friend of mine told me that she used to make her ex shave it all off. The thing is that he's a hairy git. He must look ridiculous with no clothes on and just his bits shaved.

Advertisement