Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile Pre-Pay (€20: 250mins, 250txts, 250MB, unlimited landline calls)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

djrichard wrote: »
    Cyrus wrote: »
    Me too

From reading the above i am under the impression that:

20 a month gets me
    3000 minutes of free calls & free texts at the weekend for 4000 days (after initial top up)
    €20 credit
    15GB of high speed broadband usage,
    unlimited (not counted from my 15GB of data) skype and windows live messenger usage over 3G,
    3000 free texts to any network,
    3000mins of free calls to any other 3 mobile 24/7,
    3000 free calls to any mobile or landline during the weekends, free voicemail

is this correct

Yes, thats correct. The 15GB of nternet usage is limited to 30 from the day you make the initial top up of 20EUR. If at anytime before the 30 days has expired, you decide to top up by another 20EUR, then that will reset the package and you will have full allowance again starting from then. Unused free texts and free minutes do not accumulate if not used before your topup (which is irrelevant given that they dont expire until 4000 days now).

Its only just changed. My last topup last month had the limit of 30 days, but when I topped up a couple of days ago, I looked at my balance online, I noticed that it had changed from 30 days to 4000 days. They never informed me of this, it just happened.

Id like to correct something I wrote earlier. Officially youre not allowed to tether your device under this option. I have done it loads of times though without any problem. Im not sure how they would even know. Many people wouldnt ever tether anyway, so its not that important for most.

whats tethering?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

I think it's an error so. Or they meant 4000 minutes limit during the month.

NO operator is going to give you unlimited weekend calls for OVER 10 YEARS (4000/365) for 1 topup of €20!

Its deffo 4000 days, as its been counting down for the last few days. It says I have 3000 minutes which expire in 3993 days. Remember that although it says unlimited calls, there is a fair use policy which limits it to 3000 minutes.

So as soon as the 3000 minutes was used up, youd have to top up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

POKERKING wrote: »
    Spot on, except i dont think voicemail is free.

It is now. It was free, then was chargeable, now it's free again :)
    Cyrus wrote: »
    so the only fly in the ointment is that you effectively get 66minutes to non 3 mobiles for your 20 quid on week days?

Yes.
    Its deffo 4000 days, as its been counting down for the last few days. It says I have 3000 minutes which expire in 3993 days. Remember that although it says unlimited calls, there is a fair use policy which limits it to 3000 minutes.

So as soon as the 3000 minutes was used up, youd have to top up again.

Mine's different I think?

Have attached a copy of my usage which I check online. I topped up with €20 at the start of December and again before Xmas Day.

• Advertisement

It is now. It was free, then was chargeable, now it's free again :)

Yes.

Mine's different I think?

Have attached a copy of my usage which I check online. I topped up with €20 at the start of December and again before Xmas Day.

This is bizarre. I just checked again, and this time its showing as expiring as the usualy 30 days. I have my tablet showing the available balance on the sim card in it, and my pc showing me the available balance on the sim in my phone. The phone sim, shows that my cash credit wil never expire, but on the tablet, it says the cash credit will expire in 2915 days!

What on earth is going on? Id say its safe to say its 30 days when all the freebies expire, the cash credit from topping up lasts forever, which makes much much more sense financially from their point of view, as that means Im going to top up at least every 30 days to ensure I still have internet, never mind all the other goodies.

The other VERY strange thing thats happened is that when I bought this sim for my tablet pc, it was only just over a month ago. So I had topped up by 20 euros which gave me all the goodies, but its been in my tablet the entire time, Ive never taken it out and used it in my phone. So after the 30 days had passed, obviously my internet and free 3 calls and texts etc was no longer available to me, even though I hadnt used any. This is normal of course. What I would have, is my 20euros of unused calling credit and the 12 euros extra free credit. SO instead of buying another 20 euros worth of top up to avail of that offer, I decided to use my 5euros of that credit and buy a 500MB data allowance which would remain valid for 30 days. If I needed more, I would just keep topping up by 5euros at a time until my 20euros has ran out, then Id have topped up by another 20euros and so on. This is what I intended to do, therefore not having to pay 20euros every 30 days as it wasnt important that I got free calls and texts on that sim, as I was only using it in my tablet. Are you still following me? Its confusing! Well, even though I only bought that 500MB internet addon, for some reason it has included another 30 days worth of free weekend calls to any network or landline in Ireland, free skype calls, 3000 free texts to any network and 3000 minutes of calls between 3 mobiles.

INCREDIBLE!

Shame I wont actually benefit, as I get all that on my mobile obviously, but its great none the less! I dont use anywhere near my free allowance of goodies, so I never have to top up more than the 20euros each month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

This is bizarre. I just checked again, and this time its showing as expiring as the usualy 30 days. I have my tablet showing the available balance on the sim card in it, and my pc showing me the available balance on the sim in my phone. The phone sim, shows that my cash credit wil never expire, but on the tablet, it says the cash credit will expire in 2915 days!

What on earth is going on? Id say its safe to say its 30 days when all the freebies expire, the cash credit from topping up lasts forever, which makes much much more sense financially from their point of view, as that means Im going to top up at least every 30 days to ensure I still have internet, never mind all the other goodies.

Read the terms and conditions here:
    http://www.emobile.ie/assets/static/pdfs/prepay_offer_thirty20_variety_plus_plan.pdf
    €20 credit will be deducted from the
    customer’s account at the start of each thirty day period

Fungus wrote: »

Ive been talking about the 3 pay as you go offer, not the emobile one. :)

Okay, sorry, the 3 offer includes 20 EUR regular credit when you top up by 20 EUR plus all the goodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

I love 3! :)

At the end of the month when my free texts/data disappear, I usually have most of my credit left so I buy the 500mb data add on for €5.

Then I use a webtext app like cabbage to use the data to send more free texts! :)

I rarely even have to top up anymore with 3!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Title should changed to three.ie :)

Question about the three deal. Anyone know if you can use this deal while roaming e.g. Spain?

Would be cool to use the data while holidaying instead of paying 99c for 50mb a day on Vodafone

AntiRip wrote: »
    Question about the three deal. Anyone know if you can use this deal while roaming e.g. Spain?

You can't unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

I used to be with three. For voice and SMS, it was brilliant. The best part, as mentioned earlier, is that UK is considered to be local and inclusive minutes/texts can be used there.

The worst part is their data connectivity. Three's own network doesn't have great coverage, so they've an agreement to share Vodafone's network. For voice and SMS this is great. However, the agreement only allows 2G connections. And for some reason, the prepay and Flexifix plans don't allow *any* internet access on the Vodafone network.

What this meant for me was that very frequently, I'd lose coverage from the Three network, and silently move to the Vodafone network. Then I had no data connectivity at all. And my phone seemed reluctant to move back to Three's own network when I was in coverage again - I had to restart the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Would be cool to use the data while holidaying instead of paying 99c for 50mb a day on Vodafone

You can but only in a 3 like home country when your on 3 there, list of places here http://apps.three.ie/applications/modules/roaming/three-like-home.php take a holiday to Italy instead of spain;)

animaal wrote: »
    And for some reason, the prepay and Flexifix plans don't allow *any* internet access on the Vodafone network.

That is not correct. You get data with Vodafone you just need to turn on data roaming on your phone. No extra charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

Fungus wrote: »
    That is not correct. You get data with Vodafone you just need to turn on data roaming on your phone. No extra charges.

It never worked for me. And from the (Flexifix T&Cs):

"You may only use your mobile phone for internet surfing on this Plan in 3G coverage areas."

Since the Vodafone network only offers 2G connectivity to customers of Three, I took this to mean no data when out of Three's own network.

My understanding of it was that you ONLY got to use data whilst in the UK (or other "like home" countries) whilst connected to a "three" network. I had my phone set to disable data roaming if I was abroad, this way preventing me from using my credit without realising. Whilst in Northern Ireland, I was able to use data for free in Belfast etc, but when I got into the countryside, despite having a strong mobile signal, it wasnt connected to an actual "three" network, so I couldnt load any data onto my phone. Quite annoying as I wanted to use my satnav. I could have activated data roaming whilst abroad, but I believed that it would cost me money to do so.

animaal wrote: »
    It never worked for me. And from the (Flexifix T&Cs):

"You may only use your mobile phone for internet surfing on this Plan in 3G coverage areas."

Since the Vodafone network only offers 2G connectivity to customers of Three, I took this to mean no data when out of Three's own network.

You can use Edge and GPRS data while engaging in domestic roaming on Vodafone with 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Title should changed to three.ie :)

Like someone mentioned, if there is a 3 network in that country, then yeah it's free.

Also, I found out last week that some mobiles can be tethered to your laptop (mine has a feature which allows me to use it as a wireless hotspot) and it's completely free! No credit or outside data usage was taken out!

I LOVE THREE!

Advertisement