Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile Pre-Pay (€20: 250mins, 250txts, 250MB, unlimited landline calls)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Fidelis wrote: »
    eMobile's pre-pay plan looks quite impressive. A €20 top-up gets you 250 any network minutes, 250 any network texts, 250MB, and unlimited landline calls.

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/prepay/paylessgetmore/
    Regards 250 mb is that much. Can someone tell me how much it takes for a webpage to load, or had anyone a guide to mb usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Regards 250 mb is that much. Can someone tell me how much it takes for a webpage to load, or had anyone a guide to mb usage.

well it depends on the webpage - some could take 1 mb to load alone. Others you would get 20 pages loaded for under 1mb. And when visiting boards you would use boards mobile which uses hardly any data to load pages. I use my phone every day checking emails and browsing various websites and generally come in under the 250mb in a month.

I'm on billpay with Emobile and will be leaving the bill pay sharpish when contract ends - I'm paying €24 a month for 100minutes, 100 texts and 1 gig of data. So on basis of my data usage I'd save €4 a month and get over double the current minutes by going back to prepay.

Their billpay plans were good at the beginning but have not caught up with the offers of 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Look at the meteor offer for €15 its 200 mins, 200 text and 1Gb data

irishguy wrote: »
    Look at the meteor offer for €15 its 200 mins, 200 text and 1Gb data

true, great offer....it's just the free landline calls are very useful to me and far outweigh the minutes on offer. But for those who don't ring landlines the Meteor offer must be the best available anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

You can ring landlines as part of your minutes on the Meteor offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

eMobile's pre-pay plan looks quite impressive. A €20 top-up gets you 250 any network minutes, 250 any network texts, 250MB, and unlimited landline calls.

Yes is does but that's just good marketing, the difference between this and all the other networks offer is they take the €20 straight away from your account. So you've the offer but no credit.
    It's not as good as it first looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭grinder23

Yes is does but that's just good marketing, the difference between this and all the other networks offer is they take the €20 straight away from your account. So you've the offer but no credit.
    It's not as good as it first looks.

True but I would be comparing this to billpay 30 day plans tbh without the hassle of bringing in id's etc.

Soarer wrote: »
    You can ring landlines as part of your minutes on the Meteor offer.
    yep,but I said landline calls I make far outweigh the minutes on offer.. Free unlimited landlines is huge for those who ring landlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

three prepay is the best around, for 20e you get free texts to all networks, all you can eat data, three to three calls, free calls at the weekends to all networks. All you pay for is calls monday-fri to non three networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭lynchie

Actually its 40000 mins worth of landline calls a month. Any calls longer than 59 mins you will be charged at the standard rate for the call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

POKERKING wrote: »
    three prepay is the best around, for 20e you get free texts to all networks, all you can eat data, three to three calls, free calls at the weekends to all networks. All you pay for is calls monday-fri to non three networks.

I have a question about "free call at the weekends to all networks". Doest it also include calls to landlines?

Thanks

Amouar wrote: »
    I have a question about "free call at the weekends to all networks". Doest it also include calls to landlines?

Thanks

i think so, although im not 100% on that as rarely ring a landline.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

That's what I have. Absolutely brilliant. Love them!

Thanks

Yes. The package also works when I'm in the UK and I'm texting/ringing an Irish number. :D

The €20 is not deducted and you get an extra €10 a month if you continue to top with €20 regularly, not to mention an extra €2 when you top up online, so basically I get €32 a month to use on weekday calls to non 3 networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭fred252

yep, best deal i could find. don't forget the free weekend units don't start until noon on saturday.

fred252 wrote: »
    yep, best deal i could find. don't forget the free weekend units don't start until noon on saturday.

No it doesn't. It starts at
    For the purposes of this Offer weekends start at 12.01AM Saturday and end at 12.01AM Monday and your free weekend calls must take place within this period.

Full T&C are here; http://shop.three.ie/terms/prepay-price-plan-terms-conditions/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

NOthing comes close to the three deal. I have it for two sims. I have it in my mobile, and I also have one in my motorola xoom. When you topped up in the past, all the free calls at the weekend, free texts etc would have a 30 day limit from when you topped up by the 20euros. Now though, you have 4000 days to use that! So you really have a quite amazing offer.

20euros top up gets me an extra free 12euro top up credit, so I have 32 euros of credit to spend, the 20 euros initial topup DOESNT get swallowed up like on emobile. I have 15GB of high speed broadband usage, unlimited (not counted from my 15GB of data) skype and windows live messenger usage over 3G (and skype now has video on 3G on my mobile), 3000 free texts to any network, 3000mins of free calls to any other 3 mobile 24/7, 3000 free calls to any mobile or landline during the weekends, free voicemail, I can tether other devices assuming its not an iphone Im using, which it isnt.

If I go up to Northern Ireland, or anywhere on the mainland UK, I dont get charged any roaming charges, so I can still use all those benefits such as free calls and internet without paying anything, so long as Im connected to a 3 network whilst roaming. My HTC Desire HD has an option to control which networks I connect to, so I set it to only access 3G if Im connected to a 3 network whilst roaming.

djrichard wrote: »
    NOthing comes close to the three deal. I have it for two sims. I have it in my mobile, and I also have one in my motorola xoom. When you topped up in the past, all the free calls at the weekend, free texts etc would have a 30 day limit from when you topped up by the 20euros. Now though, you have 4000 days to use that! So you really have a quite amazing offer.

20euros top up gets me an extra free 12euro top up credit, so I have 32 euros of credit to spend, the 20 euros initial topup DOESNT get swallowed up like on emobile. I have 15GB of high speed broadband usage, unlimited (not counted from my 15GB of data) skype and windows live messenger usage over 3G (and skype now has video on 3G on my mobile), 3000 free texts to any network, 3000mins of free calls to any other 3 mobile 24/7, 3000 free calls to any mobile or landline during the weekends, free voicemail, I can tether other devices assuming its not an iphone Im using, which it isnt.

If I go up to Northern Ireland, or anywhere on the mainland UK, I dont get charged any roaming charges, so I can still use all those benefits such as free calls and internet without paying anything, so long as Im connected to a 3 network whilst roaming. My HTC Desire HD has an option to control which networks I connect to, so I set it to only access 3G if Im connected to a 3 network whilst roaming.

Praise be to god! Someone who actually gets the deal! I have been trying to convert people for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

edit: drunkmonkey points out that the €20 is debited straight away. Cheeky w*nkers!

How do ya know they take €20 straight away?

I have been trying to convert people for years!

Me too, if I can get my friends off their other inferior networks, then I can take advantage of my free 3 to 3 calls anytime! Most of my friends are on O2 and dont want to leave as their friends and families are also on it, which is an advantage to them.. We have to get everyone to leave en masse and then these network providers will start to react to the competition.

3 is even cheaper in Scotland than this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

That's what I have. Absolutely brilliant. Love them!

Yes. The package also works when I'm in the UK and I'm texting/ringing an Irish number. :D

The €20 is not deducted and you get an extra €10 a month if you continue to top with €20 regularly, not to mention an extra €2 when you top up online, so basically I get €32 a month to use on weekday calls to non 3 networks.

What do you mean by 20 EUR regularly? how can I get the extra 10EUR?

Thanks!

• Advertisement

What do you mean by 20 EUR regularly? how can I get the extra 10EUR?

Thanks!

When you top up by 20euros each month, they will automatically send you a text telling you "From 3:Thank you for topping up.Your EUR10 extra credit has now been added to your account".

Usually you get this message when you have used most of your 20euros worth of credit. Im not sure of the exact time, because it has differed from month to month depending on my usage. I can only assume you get it after you get the text informing you that your credit balance has less than 2.50 remaining. Its worth noting, that with your 20 euros of cash credit, you can purchase any addons you fancy, but with the 10euros free credit (or 12 euros if you topped up online) you cant purchase any add-ons. It can only be used for voicecalls. You shouldnt really need to buy any addons though, because you get so many free texts and 3G use from the initial 20euros topup. Unless youre a crazy textaholic and would use mor than 3000 texts in a month....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

leemaree wrote: »
    How do ya know they take €20 straight away?

At the bottom, in small print -
    €20 is debited from the account to avail of the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Whats the big fuss about them taking the €20 straight away? If I top up with Vodafone I still give them €20 ... its gone from my wallet. Your still going to get the benefit of the package listed. Personally I think it is a good one with the free landline calls. At the end of the day its only good if the style of the plan suits your needs .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

pissed wrote: »
    Whats the big fuss about them taking the €20 straight away? If I top up with Vodafone I still give them €20 ... its gone from my wallet. Your still going to get the benefit of the package listed. Personally I think it is a good one with the free landline calls. At the end of the day its only good if the style of the plan suits your needs .

It's gone from your pocket, but your account is still 20 in credit.

The issue is e-mobile is not comparing deals correctly. If Vodafone took that €20 from your credit in exchange for the stated call/text allowance the comparison would be fairer, but they don't, that credit remains on your account to spend how you please.

Spot on, except i dont think voicemail is free.

When you topped up in the past, all the free calls at the weekend, free texts etc would have a 30 day limit from when you topped up by the 20euros. Now though, you have 4000 days to use that!

Can someone explain this to me? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,709 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Can someone explain this to me? Thanks.

Me too

From reading the above i am under the impression that:

20 a month gets me
    3000 minutes of free calls & free texts at the weekend for 4000 days (after initial top up)
    €20 credit
    15GB of high speed broadband usage,
    unlimited (not counted from my 15GB of data) skype and windows live messenger usage over 3G,
    3000 free texts to any network,
    3000mins of free calls to any other 3 mobile 24/7,
    3000 free calls to any mobile or landline during the weekends, free voicemail

is this correct

Cyrus wrote: »
    Me too

From reading the above i am under the impression that:

20 a month gets me
    3000 minutes of free calls & free texts at the weekend for 4000 days (after initial top up)
    €20 credit
    15GB of high speed broadband usage,
    unlimited (not counted from my 15GB of data) skype and windows live messenger usage over 3G,
    3000 free texts to any network,
    3000mins of free calls to any other 3 mobile 24/7,
    3000 free calls to any mobile or landline during the weekends, free voicemail

is this correct

Yes, thats correct. The 15GB of nternet usage is limited to 30 from the day you make the initial top up of 20EUR. If at anytime before the 30 days has expired, you decide to top up by another 20EUR, then that will reset the package and you will have full allowance again starting from then. Unused free texts and free minutes do not accumulate if not used before your topup (which is irrelevant given that they dont expire until 4000 days now).

Its only just changed. My last topup last month had the limit of 30 days, but when I topped up a couple of days ago, I looked at my balance online, I noticed that it had changed from 30 days to 4000 days. They never informed me of this, it just happened.

Id like to correct something I wrote earlier. Officially youre not allowed to tether your device under this option. I have done it loads of times though without any problem. Im not sure how they would even know. Many people wouldnt ever tether anyway, so its not that important for most.

When you topped up in the past, all the free calls at the weekend, free texts etc would have a 30 day limit from when you topped up by the 20euros. Now though, you have 4000 days to use that! So you really have a quite amazing offer.
    Its only just changed. My last topup last month had the limit of 30 days, but when I topped up a couple of days ago, I looked at my balance online, I noticed that it had changed from 30 days to 4000 days. They never informed me of this, it just happened.

I think it's an error so. Or they meant 4000 minutes limit during the month.

NO operator is going to give you unlimited weekend calls for OVER 10 YEARS (4000/365) for 1 topup of €20!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,709 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

so the only fly in the ointment is that you effectively get 66minutes to non 3 mobiles for your 20 quid on week days?

Advertisement