Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECB announement/suggestion on Direct Debit charges.

Options
  • 05-01-2012 7:06pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Firstly my apolgies if there is a thread on this. I looked, but it's either not there or i'm using the wrong keywords so mods feel free to move or merge if necessary.

Its just a quick one, and i'm hoping for a quick answer.

As you all know if you have not enough funds in your account and a direct debit is returned due to lack of funds there is a charge by the bank of anything from €4 to €10 for a missed direct debit. I thought i read something in a paper recently/a little while ago about the ECB announing they intend to or would like to see banks abolish the charges they levy on customer accounts for such missed direct debits.

Did anyone else see this article?
    Could anyone point me in the direction of this article?
    Does anyone know about it?
    Is it to happen or is it just a suggestion?
    Was it all in my head?

Any help appreciated.

Ez.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

Advertisement