Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian Skilled Migration Visa - Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 NiallSORo

shamrock55 wrote: »
    If your occupation is on the skilled occupation list whats the next thing to do if looking for a visa?

Have a look at the Skillselect site and check out your options.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Pugins

Applied for 190 visa in March. Still no contact from a Case Officer, all documents are uploaded. Hate the waiting! I know there is a slow down in grants due to the ceiling nearly being reached. Just wondering is not hearing anything from a Case Officer normal. Anyone gotten a 190 recently?

Which State/Territory?

NiallSORo wrote: »
    Which State/Territory?

Western Australia. But does that matter? I thought once you'd applied they were all processed centrally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 birthmother

We applied for our visa the 8th Nov 2013 and uploaded everything, did not hear from a case officer and were granted our visa on the 28th jan 2014. We were frantic with worry not hearing from a case officer and that we would not get it. Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SyntonFenix

Pugins wrote: »
    Western Australia. But does that matter? I thought once you'd applied they were all processed centrally.

Serious delays in WA with regards to visas. I know of two 457 sponsorship swap applications that were submitted to immigration within a week of each other, both with the same nominated profession and both applicants very similar in general. One lodged their application in WA and other one lodged in QLD.

The one in QLD was processed within a week and a half, the application in WA took 5 weeks.

WA = Wait-a-while.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭gb153

Hi everyone. I applied for skills assessment through Vestasses a few months ago as I intend to apply for a 189 visa. Recently I got a positive outcome. I received 2 letters from Vestasses.

The skilled migration assessment states the following:
    "Skills Assessment Outcome: Positive
    Based on the evidence provided, the qualification/s and employment described above meet the requirements of your nominated occupation and are assessed as suitable for migration purposes."

The invitation letter states:
    "Please submit this page and the following Skilled Migration Assessment to support your visa application for migration to Australia."

However from what I have read there should have been a link included with one of the letters that would enable to carry on with the 189 visa application through ImmiAccount.

I'm not sure if there has been some kind of mistake but there is no link provided. I have sent a few emails over and back to both the Europe Service Centre (Migration Branch) about this and also Vestasses but I'm not even sure they understand the problem.

Can someone who has successfully gone through Vestasses recently for skills assesssment confirm that a link to ImmiAccount was included in their letter of invitation?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I didn't go through vetasses for my skills assessment but mine never provided a link. You start your own EOI in immiaccount and then add that information into it.

irishmover wrote: »
    I didn't go through vetasses for my skills assessment but mine never provided a link. You start your own EOI in immiaccount and then add that information into it.

Thanks for the reply irishmover. This is what I initially thought. However when I created my ImmiAccount and click on "New Application" I can see a list of different visas to choose from apart from the one I want: the 189. The 190 is not there either.

Application group Application type
    Air & Sea Crew Maritime Crew Visa (988)
    Air & Sea Crew Superyacht Crew Visa (488)
    Family Migration to Australia by a Partner (300,309/100,820/801)
    Family Partner Visa - Information for Permanent Stage Processing (100,801)
    Family Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia (300,309/100,820/801)
    Health My Health Declarations
    Resident Return Resident Return Visa (155,157)
    Skilled Migration Business Innovation and Investment Visa (Permanent) (888)
    Skilled Migration Business Innovation and Investment Visa (Renewal) (188)
    Skilled Migration Business Innovation and Investment Visa (Subsequent Entrant) (188)
    Skilled Migration Employer Nomination for a Permanent Appointment (186,187)
    Skilled Migration General Skilled Migration Visa (Applicant) (476,485,887)
    Skilled Migration Permanent Employer Sponsored or Nominated Visa (186,187)
    Skilled Migration Provisional Skilled Regional Visa (Renewal) (489)
    Skilled Migration Provisional Skilled Regional Visa (Subsequent Entrant) (489)
    Student Student Temporary Visa (Offshore) (570,571,572,573,574,575)
    Student Student Temporary Visa (Onshore Further Stay) (570,571,572,573,574,575)
    Student Student Temporary Visa (Onshore Initial Primary) (570,571,572,573,574,575)
    Temporary Work Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) Visa (400)
    Temporary Work Temporary Work Skilled Visa (Primary) (457)
    Temporary Work Temporary Work Skilled Visa (Subsequent Entrant) (457)
    Temporary Work Temporary Work Skilled Visa - Nomination (457)
    Temporary Work Temporary Work Skilled Visa - Standard Business Sponsorship (457)
    Visitor eVisitor (651)
    Visitor Visitor Short Stay Visa (600)
    Work & Holiday First Working Holiday Visa (417)
    Work & Holiday Second Working Holiday Visa (Offshore) (417)
    Work & Holiday Second Working Holiday Visa (Onshore) (417)

I'm stumped here. As I stated above I've emailed both Europe Service Centre (Migration Branch) and Vestasses but I'm being sent around in circles.

Just to add to this. The following guideline document http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf
    "Points Based Skilled Migration (subclasses 189, 190 and 489) visa" states:

"You can only apply for these visas if you have received an invitation to apply for the visa. The invitation will only allow you to lodge your application within a specified timeframe.

The invitation will provide instructions on how you are to lodge your application. You can only apply for this visa online. A personalised link to the online application form is provided with the invitation."

So I have the invitation but not the personalised link. But irishmover you're saying you didn't have the link. My invitation was dated 28th March from which I have 60 days to apply. I should have got going on this earlier but I've been going around in circles with it for the past 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

So you've an expression of interest approved and you're invited to apply?

Do you not pick the visa you're applying for during the EOI phase?

It was December when I went through all that but I'm pretty sure I had to select my visa choice at the EOI part. Otherwise what's the expression of interest for. There's different criteria for different visas so I'm sure they need to know which visa you've put an EOI in for.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭beartooth

There is a link in the invitation to apply email.

The invitation contains a link to skill select, follow that link and that will bring you to the immi website which will be your personalised link for your online application

Thanks for all the replies. Yes I was totally confused with the whole thing. The 3 steps for the visa were 2 steps in my head i.e 1) skills assessment, 2) EOI hopefully followed by 3) invitation to apply for visa. I was thinking the skills assessment and EOI were the same thing - seems so obvious now!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 niterain84

I have the invitation to apply for 189 visa, have filled out the forms and just need to pay the fee which for me and my wife is AU$5280. I have the cash to pay for it. The problem I have is I don´t have a credit card which is the only option to pay for it. I have a visa debit card but it has a limit of 1500 Euro per online transaction so I cant use it and my bank cant/wont increase it. I have looked at getting a prepaid credit card but most wont allow such a high limit or those that do are expensive for a once off payment.

Anyone else have this problem? How did you pay for the visa?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭krustycustomer

Does anybody know if working in the middle east for 2 years requires declaration on visa applications? I had a residency card there but will struggle to get police clearance and proof of the 3 addresses I lived in as the company provided accomidation and paid all the bills etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 niterain84

Does anybody know if working in the middle east for 2 years requires declaration on visa applications? I had a residency card there but will struggle to get police clearance and proof of the 3 addresses I lived in as the company provided accomidation and paid all the bills etc.

You have to declare every country you have worked in or even visited.
    Australian immigration dont ask for proof of address of where you lived.
    If you are claiming points for work experience they will require proof that you actually worked there, such as reference letters,payslips, bank statements etc. but not specific proof of your living address.

Police clearances are required for every country you have lived in for 12 months or more. As for getting police clearances, i had lived in Chile for a couple of years and i needed a police clearance from there. i got nowhere contacting police in Chile so i just contacted the Chilean Embassy in Dublin, explained them the situation,gave my name, national id number and they had my Police clearance within 2 days.(they didnt even charge me for it) So im sure if you go to the relevant embassy they will be able to help you. Ive gotten police clearances from a few different countries doing this. I dont know how it is in the middle east but im sure the embassy would help you.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭krustycustomer

Thanks, thats cleared everyting up for me, i'll just get onto my previous company and get my residency ID copy and contact the irish embassy.

Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭NZ_2014

Does anybody know when the skilled occupation list is due to be updated again, is it July?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Hi guys,

Im having issues getting a reference from my recruitment agent/employers from my time working in Melbourne.

They arent replying to mails. They gave me a reference last year before I started this current job in Ireland. I am applying for a 457, what are my options if they don't come back to me? Obv I will ring them but if that fails where do I go?

Thanks

Also, if anyone can help with this question it'd be awesome:

I cant remember my old login / password / security questions for the Immi account I had my first and second WHV application, and the same applies for a seperate Immi account I had my recent eVisitor visa on.

I am being asked for the visa grant, specific application and approval dates etc etc, Info I don't have.

Anyone offer a solution? I'll email Immi if I have too but knowing them it could take months for them to reply.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Theresalwaysone

It's best to pick up the phone - this is what DIBP will do and if there is no response or returned call, they will often refuse without any further attempts or emails.

There's nothing preventing you from creating another ImmiAccount. However unless you have deleted all of your past emails then you really should be able to deduce the dates and numbers the system has requested.

Niall O'Rourke

Theresalwaysone

It's best to pick up the phone - this is what DIBP will do and if there is no response or returned call, they will often refuse without any further attempts or emails.

There's nothing preventing you from creating another ImmiAccount. However unless you have deleted all of your past emails then you really should be able to deduce the dates and numbers the system has requested.

Niall O'Rourke

Sound Niall.

All my mails are gone. Old laptop hard drive and nothing in my gmail.

I have some dates and some TRNs and stuff but no Visa numbers or Grant Numbers for the most part. Have bits and pieces but don't have ALL the info they request. I tried importing my old applications to a new immi account and that brought up some details but no attachments or correspondence.

I'm dealing with a migration agent in Melbourne, Nevett Ford, and they seem to be pretty sticky on what they require.

Theresalwaysone

There's nothing preventing you from creating another ImmiAccount.

Niall O'Rourke

Just be careful doing this. Was applying for 190 and was locked out if the application for weeks. Eventually the issue was sorted but it stemed from having more than one account associated with the same passport.

Ringing DIBP is best bet I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

So I have a 190 EOI lodged for WA with 60 points but I've read that the 190 is a really slow visa to get. I'm not really in any rush but would I be better going doing the IELTS and have more points and go for 189?

Anybody with any experience of this would be great thanks.

190 grants seem to be a lot slower than 189 at the moment. They seem to have run out of 190 grants for this year and are slowing the process way down. 189 grants seem to be much quicker. However, the new year starts again in July so perhaps 190s will be back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

Anyone have any experience applying for a 189 from a 457? Will it speed up the process at all if you're applying from a 457 compared to applying from another country before you've ever even being to Australia?

Lucifer-0 wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience applying for a 189 from a 457? Will it speed up the process at all if you're applying from a 457 compared to applying from another country before you've ever even being to Australia?

It doesn't speed up the process having a 457. It's still the same requirements. It may be a little quicker if you're already in Australia though.

It still took me 6 weeks to get mine, but it was the Christmas period aswell though.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭beartooth

Granted 189 Visa Today.

Timelines were as follows:
    • Lodged expression of interest 9th April
    • Invitation to apply 27th April
    • Application lodged 15th May
    • Additional Documentation Requested 6th June
    • Visa Grant 17th June

beartooth wrote: »
    Granted 189 Visa Today.

Timelines were as follows:
    • Lodged expression of interest 9th April
    • Invitation to apply 27th April
    • Application lodged 15th May
    • Additional Documentation Requested 6th June
    • Visa Grant 17th June

Welcome to the PR club!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭linola_c

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone still waiting on a 189?

This is my timeline and i am now becoming really concerned about the application:

EOI - 22/02/2014
    Invite - 23/02/2014
    Visa Lodged - 24/02/2014
    CO/Medicals & Form 80 requested - 30 March 2014
    Medicals confirmed - 10/04/2014
    Form 80s uploaded - 16/04/2014

I called immi two weeks ago and was advised that generally i could expect to wait another 2 -4 weeks. I emailed my CO (Team 8 Adelaide) and received no reply that was over two weeks ago...

I had mentioned before on this forum that I made a mistake when filling out my partner's work history and completed a Form 1023. I am in the main applicant.

Really concerned now about it all :( I don't know anyone who has waited this long for a 189!!

Advertisement