Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MW3(ps3) NAT Help

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭solidMGSsnake

Hingo wrote: »
    If that is the eircom router? if so and when your setting the IP settings (on your ps3) go to PPPoE - Set username: "eircom@eircom.net" and Password: "broadband1"
    think of your router being a bouncer to a nightclub and this username/pass being a VIP pass

worked a charm for me! I found it on youtube but it will definitely work for eircom users. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br9VOFyvefg

if your with vodafone i'm not sure. give it a go as the PPPoE settings should just be on the router. *However if your netopia router then connects to another router you have from Vodafone - the issue is with the vodafone router, I had a look at one of them before for a friend with the same issue and I remember them being quite restricted to adjust settings however if you can change them, try open the following ports to the IP address your netopia router has been assigned.

TCP:
    UDP:
    3658 should also be opened for voice chat.

it'll will make sense when you find the port open settings on your vodafone router. (if there's one :S)

As your scenario isn't as straight forward as most people (having the Eircom router on a Vodafone connection) might need some more information to help you along but let me know how that works for you. :)

No its just the eircom motorola netorpia router however im with vodafone not eircom, im not really sure how im allowed to use eircom's router for a different network though, to be honest i would rather a different router

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Vodafone PPPoE settings are :

User Name: vodafone@vodafone.ie
    Password: broadband

http://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?/topic/2229-vodafone-at-home-broadband-settings/

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

No its just the eircom motorola netorpia router however im with vodafone not eircom, im not really sure how im allowed to use eircom's router for a different network though, to be honest i would rather a different router

Just so I can understand, where does your connection from the router go to?
    I.e is it plugged into the wall or?

It was my understanding that vodafone internet connection was through their mobile network via this kind of router

vodafone_station.JPG You should have gotten this when you signed up to Vodafone's internet?

if it's just a standard phone wire going from the netopia box into the wall, then it could be possible that the eircom connection is still present?

anyway, did you try the PPPoE setting?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Hingo wrote: »

Just so I can understand, where does your connection from the router go to?
    I.e is it plugged into the wall or?

It was my understanding that vodafone internet connection was through their mobile network via this kind of router

vodafone_station.JPG You should have gotten this when you signed up to Vodafone's internet?

if it's just a standard phone wire going from the netopia box into the wall, then it could be possible that the eircom connection is still present?

anyway, did you try the PPPoE setting?

I think it's the same as Eircom on the connection side of things.
    Vodafone take the hit in the line rental AFAIK.
    Normally they swap the router though.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭solidMGSsnake

Hey guys sorry for no feedback on my attempts to port forward, i actually haven't tried yet, im waiting to the weekend as im just starting back at school and i haven't got the time

• Advertisement
Advertisement