Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2012 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 LaurenApple

sam12 wrote: »
    [spoiler[deb[/spoiler]

Yeah that is the DEB paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sg2012

Does anyone know whats on the higher level examcraft SPANISH mock? PLEASE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 ash2012

usernamee wrote: »
    Maths Higher Level DEB Paper 2? other then whats on spreadsheet..i'm in desperate need :(
    Will you let me know too please !?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭dovahkiin

Can anyone update physics/economics on the spreadsheet.

Both mock companies are shown to have the same exams

Thanks for any help in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Andreeeaaaaaaa

The spreadsheet doesn't really go into much detail like it does with the DEB, so if anyone has any spoilers they're appreciated. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

Not sure what exam companies I had.

FULL ENGLISH PAPER 1:

COMPREHENDING:
    There is no point writing out the comprehensions but the QUESTION Bs are as follows:
    1. ‘’And you cast your votes and made your voices heard...’’
    Write a letter to a national newspaper in which you attempt to persuade young people to exercise their right to vote.
    2. ‘’The list of reasons to admire her is endless...’’
    You have been asked to nominate a person you admire for the award ‘’Young Person of the Year’’. Choose a person (real or imaginary) and write the recommendation that you would submit.
    3. ‘’There was a fierceness in their desire to learn...’’
    Write the test for a short radio talk where you would explain the importance of education in your life and in today’s world.

COMPOSING:
    1. ‘’We’re the people who make that future happen...’’
    Write out the text of a talk you would deliver to your classmates entitled: ‘Our futures are in our own hands’.
    2. ‘’...whatever hardships the winter may bring, springtime is always just around the corner.’’
    Write a short story in which the time of year plays a significant role.
    3. ‘’If the world was always the way we expect it to be, things would be very dull.’’
    Write an article for a popular magazine on living up to other people’s expectations.
    4. ‘’If I was to think about having to save the whole planet, I would run away!’’
    Write a personal essay in which you explore some of the challenges you face as a young person today.
    5. ‘’The world has to know the truth’’
    Write an article for a serious newspaper or magazine in which you uncover or expose a scandal.
    6. ‘’And also the way she had of just preserving, no matter what life threw at her.’’
    Write a speech in which you address a group of politicians on the importance of leadership in the face of adversity.
    7. ‘’...the path of his life has just detoured down another trail...’’
    Write a short story in which the central character undergoes an unexpected change.

ENGLISH PAPER 2:
    HAMLET: Write an essay on how the theme of deception occurs throughout the play
    COMPARATIVE: General vision and viewpoint and literary genre.
    POETRY: Sylvia Plath (talk about how her deep doubts and fears are revealed through startling honesty), Seamus Heaney, Philip Larkin and Thomas Kinsella.

IRISH PAPER 1:
    The essay title was ‘’Dílseach’’ (meaning loyalty)
    IRISH PAPER 2:
    POETRY – ‘’Geibheann’’ by Caitlín Maude. Discuss the ‘’suíomh an dain, mothúchain, an file’’ and the effect the poem had on you (dunno how to say it in Irish but I just know that’s what it was).
    STORY – An Lasair Choille. Discuss the control that Micil has over Seamus from the beginning of the story.
    AN TRIAIL – Discuss the main theme of the drama.

ANYONE HAVE LCVP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 thecoolcunt

can someone give me a detailed account of whats coming up for the examcraft higher level biology paper please. the spreadsheet doesn't go into much detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

what's on geography? any chance of exact/near exact wording of questions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sarawera

HELOOOO! Can anyone give me the DEB BIOLOGY HL??? I have done all my exams except for French and business so I can help people with what I can remember :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 xamox

can anyone tell me how did they answer the unseen poem on the english paper2?
    the poem was :
    For my mother by Ellen Bryant Voigt
    and the questions were
    Question: Impression of poet? B) choose an image, explain why it appealed to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭silversky

Thanks so much to whoever uploaded Movements for Reform on spreadsheet!

Ye're the best!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MaxiJohn

If someone had the exact questions for the geography deb that would be extremely helpful :) or at least give me a few points in what to study :) Thanks

HELOOOO! Can anyone give me the DEB BIOLOGY HL??? I have done all my exams except for French and business so I can help people with what I can remember

• Registered Users Posts: 2 golfwang

Can anyone send me either of the Biology HL papers. I have all other papers except these. The school left them all in a box so I took them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Dally2009

Anybody know what's up for the Irish OL blog? Examcraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭anishboi

If anyone has a detailed description of Biology DEB or Examcraft I will provide a detailed description of CHEMISTRY or GEOGRAPHY both DEB in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lkate

please anyone have examcraft accounting HL IN desperate need of it please !!

The info on the spreadsheet for Examcraft Acc HL is completely accurate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ihatetheleavin

can someone give me a detailed account of whats coming up for the examcraft higher level biology paper please. the spreadsheet doesn't go into much detail.

Have you done chemistry Examcraft by any chance?

I have OL IRISH HL ENGLISH HL GEOGRAPHY HL ( all deb )

I NEED HL DEB BIOLOGY !!!!
    EXAM IS TOMORROW MORNING!

I'm afraid i dont do biology but please if one of yous could help me out with geography id be so greatfull <3

• Advertisement

according to the spreadsheet the biology debs is
    Section 1.
    1.Question about trace elements in the human diet. A couple of other foody questions. Another question about a fat soluable vitamin and deficiency.
    2.Ecology easy stuff.
    3.Weird propogation question I can't remember completely, didn't do it.
    4.Photosynthesis
    5.Respiration
    6.Alveoli

Section 2
    1. Investigation of growth of leaf yeast on agar plate experiment.
    2. Effect of temperature on enzyme.
    3. The one where you put seeds on an aegar plate and see if they've started digesting the nutrient medium? I can't remember experiment name.

Section 3
    1.Ecology easy enough stuff. I'd learn the carbon cycle if I were you.
    2. Homeostasis, amoeba, something else (kidney maybe?)
    3.Genetic crosses and DNA stuff.
    4.Part a b c answer 2: Bacteria, mitosis, tissue.
    5.Part a b c answer 2: Brain/Sensory Neuron, Human Reproduction willy diagram and other stuff, heart heart diagram and heartbeat.
    6. Plant reproduction. Genetic engineering.

Additionally, more info on specific things-
    Know everything there is to know on the brain E.G. The areas.
    DNA - Rna and biomolecules
    Kidneys - Where and what hormone is secreted
    Bacteria - Know the growth phases.
    Protista ( Ameoba ) - Draw and label 3 areas ( excluding contractile vacuole )
    Heart - Label it and show where the blood flows. Also explain heartbeat.
    Ecology - You must know food pyramid , the limitations of it. Competition and is competition fiercer in same-species.
    Pollination- Cross + self pollination. Go over in detail , I ignored this.
    Neurons - Sensory , direction or impulse , also learn another system other than CNS a neuron is in. Also a disease e.g. Parkinsons- also a treatment e.g. electricity shock I believe.
    Lungs - Alveoli ( 3 adaptations - One cell thick, surrounded by capillaries ) Know the diagram you will have to label three parts.
    Propagation - Know and adapted stem and root and an example of each and the definitions.
    Reproduction - Know the diagram of a penis , where semial fluid is formed , a few others , and a sterile condition and its cause.
    Can someone please help me out with a detailed yoke on the geography debs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 OLIVIA123

Anyone have anything on OL english paper 2? What poems came up? Spreadsheet doesn't have much!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 summerhill6

Theres only two essay titles on the spreadsheet for history dictatorship and democracy! Does anyone know the other ones? Would greatly appreciate it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 chInAArOsEE

I have English and maths, both papers and Irish paper 1 all HL for exam craft..could someone please tell me what the question was for Irish p2 on
    "a thig na thit orm"
    on examcraft..?...please please please..pretty pleeease! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Deathbymocks

Sarawera wrote: »
    HELOOOO! Can anyone give me the DEB BIOLOGY HL??? I have done all my exams except for French and business so I can help people with what I can remember

Have you done the accounting deb?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lkate

I have English and maths, both papers and Irish paper 1 all HL for exam craft..could someone please tell me what the question was for Irish p2 on
    "a thig na thit orm"

"ta spraoi agus dearcadh na oige go mor chun tosaigh sa sliocht seo as an dirbheathaisneis a thig na tit orm" Dean ple ar an raiteas sin.

:)

Have you done the accounting deb?

I have!
    Company, tabular, revaluation, farm, interpretation. service farm, costing and cost and production budgeting comes up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 chInAArOsEE

lkate wrote: »
    "a thig na thit orm"

"ta spraoi agus dearcadh na oige go mor chun tosaigh sa sliocht seo as an dirbheathaisneis a thig na tit orm" Dean ple ar an raiteas sin.

:)

Thank you so much :D

Sarawera wrote: »

What are the essay titles on the DEB Irish paper 1 HL? Appreciate it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Heane

Would anyone be able to confirm that what it says for business hl examcraft on the spreadsheet is actually whats on it and if so is it missing anything? Please i would be so grateful!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement