Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2012 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 EzFitzHar

No finished today !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Orlie.ie

To save people time, HL Examcraft
    Question 1: Kinda difficult
    Three functions of the liver
    Know the families of Potatoes, Cocksfoot and Kale and clover
    The hormone used for sheep and how long their oesterous cycle
    You need to know the family of the earthworm, but Im not sure if its in this question or another
    Breifly explain Topping, Tillering, Transpiration and there was another that began with a T, but I didnt remember that one

Question 2: I didnt do this but
    Know what afftects soil temp
    Briefly descirbe how to get soil Ph
    Theres a lab question about capillarys and sedemation?

Question 3 option one: Dairy
    What is steaming up in relation to dairy
    Something about a cell count?
    I can remember cause I didnt do that one either

Option Two: Potatoes
    Know what is chitting and why is it done
    Name varieties from earlies, second earlies and main crop

Question 4:
    You only need to do two on this theres and I can only remember two
    One experiment on cation exchange
    And another on earthworms important in soil

I'm a bit hazy on 5 and 6 but I'll ask someone about them this evening.
    The genetics question was really straight forward though know about F1 hybrid, like what it is and how you get one?
    And know the two mendals law (you only need one, but Im not sure which)

Question 8 part (i) was on sheep
    What is flushing, why is it used and the advantages of it
    part (ii) was on forestry so I avoided it, but there was something about why was ground stone or limestone used in forestry
    (iii) was about diseases ammm name two developed diseseas (something like that) and know the cause, symptom and prevention for one.

* Also they asked 4 advantages about reseeding land, not sure in which question but it could have been six.
    They also asked calf management when they are bought onto the farm for the first one to two days.. I think that was question six too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Irish1222

Could someone please PM me either ExamCraft or DEB HL Economics please. Would appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

Not starting until Monday week :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 super1

If anyone wish to give more info on Accountancy HL DEB, Q1,5,6,8 the info i have on them is
    Q1 company account, Q5 Interpretation/ratios- advise shareholders and know reasons for why gross profit% is changed, Q6 Service firm, Q8 over absorption[ service and production dpartment and stock valuation like 2007 Q8 HL
    if u know any other year and the question in them is the same, I would really appreciate. And the theory on this questions is well pls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 stapler10

construction higher level deb????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 dollyxxx

Orlie.ie wrote: »
    thank you soooooo much!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 maddie333

Please please DEB maths paper 2 ... i'm screwed!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kimkim

FinnD wrote: »
    Not starting until Monday week :/

ya, but your lucky because all the spoilers have been put up by now instead of the rest of us begging for them all week!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Irish1222

EzFitzHar wrote: »
    No finished today !! :D

Hey, Is there any chance you could PM me the Economics paper?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mocks17

Has anyone done maths paper 2? HL

• Registered Users Posts: 36 googlee

PLEASE DOES ANYONE HAVE INFO ON BIOLOGY EXAMCRAFT :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 usernamee

Hi..anyone who has done DEB Accounting could someone please tell me if
    the service firm account that comes up was complicated or straight forward? as in one of them ones containing medical supplies etc?

Please! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Munc

Can anybody clear up the long qs in business deb on spreadsheet please ?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mocks17

Think it was examcraft...
    (english)
    Hamlet question was on deception
    Sylvia plath (imagery and language) and Heaney (extraordinary ion the ordinary)
    Comparative was GVV(beginnings and endings) and LG
    Thats what I can remember! Have you done maths paper 2, project maths? HL

SPOILERS PLEASE!!! - Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dearbhaile

Orlie.ie wrote: »

I think I love you!!!:DD

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sophiiieee

googlee wrote: »
    PLEASE DOES ANYONE HAVE INFO ON BIOLOGY EXAMCRAFT :D

biology hl examcraft
    q1 is food i cant remember the exact questions but it wasnt very difficult,
    one of the short questions was on mitosis, metaphase is given and you had to draw and label the next stage which is anaphase, another short questions was on mRNA and tRNA, you had to know what the t in tRNA stands for, how rna joins to a ribose or something like that
    Q5 and 6 were on Auxins/ Plant Growth Regulators and plant reproduction im not sure of the exact questions because i havent done thoses section yet so i skipped them.
    know the osmosis experiment and the effect of ph on enzymes experiment, the third experiment question was a mix of expirments, why do you cut open the aorta and pulmonary artery in disecting a heart, know scientific method/reseach and creating alcohol using yeast experiment
    long questions
    Q10 DNA know where in the cell DNA is found other than nucleus and is it the mother or father you get this dna from and what is this called, there is a gentetic cross in this question aswell it is not a difficul on though as theres is no linked genes or other complicated diamgrams stuff etc
    Q11 is on virus and fungi there is a diagram of fungi, you need to know a benefit of virus, then there was a diagram of the bacterica curve you needed to name the lag and log stage and say reason for the different shapes on the curve,
    Q12 was ecology, definitions werent asked had to describe a quanitative survey and draw the predator prey relationship graph
    Q13 had photosynthesis know the dark stage and respiration know the kerbs cycle
    Q14 A had the skeleton and muscle, know the different detween red and yellow bone marrow, know about asteloblasts, what protein and calcium is needed for,
    B about a diacot stem had to draw a transvere section of a diacot stem and explain how you looked at it under a micoscope
    C was on the human defense system/ immune system i havent done this so i dont know the question but you only had to do two out or a b and c
    Q15 A plant reproduction, B is homeosatisis and C is to write a note on 3 of the following survival times for sperm and ova, adaptation of wind pollinated flowers, transpiration stream, pollution and again you only had to do 2 out of A b and c

sorry if i have forgotten some of it i did it a week ago, hope this is a help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 EzFitzHar

Anyone know how long the mocks take to come back after being corrected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 QueenofSpades

Geography
    migration q
    ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 10 electromuffin

Geography
    migration q
    ??????

DEB yeah?
    Question was something along the lines of
    Describe Migration & it's effect on donor & the receiving countries. I just wrote about the advantages & disadvantages.

• Advertisement

EzFitzHar wrote: »
    Anyone know how long the mocks take to come back after being corrected?

About 3-4 weeks

sophiiieee wrote: »
    biology hl examcraft

Thank you :) Do you know what came up in the short question about
    plant reproduction and what questions were asked in the osmosis experiment. We havnt done them chapters :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 NisXoX

Deb Biology HL anyone? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SheepDerpa

Geography Spoiler
    Overpoppulation Question what was it

any help???

information for anyone who needs it :)

biology hl examcraft[/SIZE]
    q1 is food i cant remember the exact questions but it wasnt very difficult,
    one of the short questions was on mitosis, metaphase is given and you had to draw and label the next stage which is anaphase, another short questions was on mRNA and tRNA, you had to know what the t in tRNA stands for, how rna joins to a ribose or something like that
    Q5 and 6 were on Auxins/ Plant Growth Regulators and plant reproduction im not sure of the exact questions because i havent done thoses section yet so i skipped them.
    know the osmosis experiment and the effect of ph on enzymes experiment, the third experiment question was a mix of expirments, why do you cut open the aorta and pulmonary artery in disecting a heart, know scientific method/reseach and creating alcohol using yeast experiment
    long questions
    Q10 DNA know where in the cell DNA is found other than nucleus and is it the mother or father you get this dna from and what is this called, there is a gentetic cross in this question aswell it is not a difficul on though as theres is no linked genes or other complicated diamgrams stuff etc
    Q11 is on virus and fungi there is a diagram of fungi, you need to know a benefit of virus, then there was a diagram of the bacterica curve you needed to name the lag and log stage and say reason for the different shapes on the curve,
    Q12 was ecology, definitions werent asked had to describe a quanitative survey and draw the predator prey relationship graph
    Q13 had photosynthesis know the dark stage and respiration know the kerbs cycle
    Q14 A had the skeleton and muscle, know the different detween red and yellow bone marrow, know about asteloblasts, what protein and calcium is needed for,
    B about a diacot stem had to draw a transvere section of a diacot stem and explain how you looked at it under a micoscope
    C was on the human defense system/ immune system i havent done this so i dont know the question but you only had to do two out or a b and c
    Q15 A plant reproduction, B is homeosatisis and C is to write a note on 3 of the following survival times for sperm and ova, adaptation of wind pollinated flowers, transpiration stream, pollution and again you only had to do 2 out of A b and c
    sorry if i have forgotten some of it i did it a week ago, hope this is a help :)

English hl DEB
    Hamlet - Hamlet isn't perfect but deserves admiration and sympathy, and deception as a fundamental theme.
    deception is a key theme discuss
    Poetry - Plath shows fear and doubt through honesty,
    Heaney gives an insight into natural everyday experiences with precise language and innovative imagery or something,
    Kinsell, and
    Larkin.
    Unseen - First Lesson, by Phyllis McGinley
    comparative is : write an essay comparing how the presentation of the general vision and viewpoint in at least two texts you have studied in your comparitive course shaped your response to the text
    s
    litery genre something about it geving us a better understanding of texts

DEB geography hl
    short questions were easy enough, identify rocks, read graphs, os map

physical:
    Q1: not sure of first part
    karst region
    folding and faulting
    Q2 river diagram
    os map identify feature of glacier or mass movement
    how human interfer with coastal processes, mass movement of river process
    Q3 map or plate boundaries
    Discuss two weathering or carbonations, freeze thaw action, exfoliation not sure what the forth was
    how man interacts with the rock cycle
    Regional
    Q4 sketch map
    Development of a urban area in sub continental/ continental region
    Population distribution cannot remember what region
    Q5 reading a chart
    Agriculture in one irish region
    How expansion of European union has effect one member state economic and or culture
    Q6 contrast secondary activite in two European regions
    Concept of a region

irish hl examcraft
    paper 1
    aiste is the new ireland is a multicultural country, problem of the environment is a problem without a solution, how the recession affects young people there was also a debate on what the government does has little effect

paper two
    colsaradh, know the poet the setting images and how it affects you
    hurlamacboc and an triail is that even though padraig is wrong he is not the only one to blame for maire death

Hl french DEB
    2 comprehensions were tough, first one was on tourism in france & I havent a notion what the second one was about! something to do with a man and woman fighting, i actually couldnt understand a full sentence of it!
    the other questions were:

O1: (a.) write about, history, culture & people affecting tourism in a country
    (b.) discrimination in ireland

Q2: Diary- Fight with a friend that ended your long term relationship together (people were saying it was a fight with your girl/boy friend because of the way it was worded but in the question didnt say petie ami just copine? so i just done a general one that could be either)
    letter- Visiting Normandy with your friends

Q3. (a.) a poster that said 'say no to violence in schools' and you had to give your response to it
    (b.) write a piece on the importance/benefit of being able to speak more than one language

Q4. (a.) Emmigration
    (b.) didnt understand it, but it was something to do with studying & school?

& i think in one of the reading comps it asked for an example of the plus que parfait so just be able to recognise

hl maths examcraft
    paper 1 the first principle was square root of x
    it was not too bad a paper at all dont worry
    differentiation, know asymtotes
    know proof by induction to prove something is divasable by a number
    for integration on is where you have to do division fist the other is subsitution and then there is a question on gettin area between curve and x axis by intergration, cannot remember it all right now but i have the paper at home if you send me your email address i can scan it and email you the paper :)
    also just did paper 2 today, i dont have it to email but i can try explain what was on it if you want :)

have also done home ec and music if anyone needs help :)

hope this is a help
    good luck everyone in your exams :)

SheepDerpa wrote: »
    Geography Spoiler
    Overpoppulation Question what was it

any help???

Did you do examcraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 shteve12

Can anyone please give me Whats on Maths HL Paper 1 DEB?? Im desperate for itt :/

Thank you :) Do you know what came up in the short question about
    plant reproduction and what questions were asked in the osmosis experiment. We havnt done them chapters :(
    i dont know about the short question because i havent done it either so i skipped it
    the osmosis question you just had to write out the experiment and what results you get i think

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SheepDerpa

Did you do examcraft?

no its deb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 super1

does anyone have done HL accountancy DEB, if yes can u pm me pls

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement