Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New trains not being commissioned?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Aren't the 2900 used on Rosslare service for capacity reasons and not due to 22k issues.

where irish rail are concerned god only knows Jamie, it could be the reason but then again maybe not.
    Remenber only one 22 will now be required for M3 shuttle once it starts thats if they don't change to a 2800/900 instead.

well once limerick ballybroaphy and limerick waterford go their will probably be some surplus 2800s which would be the best bet for that shuttle, probably a 6 piece will do a rosslare/wexford run on the very packed services instead of 29s but we'l have to wait and see.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Aren't the 2900 used on Rosslare service for capacity reasons and not due to 22k issues. Would expect a better roster for 22000 to be introduced in Jan and would expect Sligo to be top of the list for all 22000.

Remenber only one 22 will now be required for M3 shuttle once it starts thats if they don't change to a 2800/900 instead.

It could be because they can only run a 3-piece ICR to Rosslare whereas they could run a 4-piece 2900. 6-piece ICRs are too long and as the trains have no SDO they're not allowed to use consists that are longer than the platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

there is no such thing as a 2900 on Irish rails. It's 29000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭CIE

There is no such thing as a 2900 on Irish rails. It's 29000
    For a while, they were known as 2900 class. They were changed to 29000 so as to not conflict number-wise with NIR's 3000 class, once the second batch arrived that is.

to me they will always be the 2900 class, same as to me commuter will always be arrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

to me they will always be the 2900 class, same as to me commuter will always be arrow

and diesel will always be steam will it?

CIE wrote: »
    For a while, they were known as 2900 class. They were changed to 29000 so as to not conflict number-wise with NIR's 3000 class, once the second batch arrived that is.

Should I start referring to the A class as the 001s so? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭dowlingm

So if I turn up at the House of EOTR and ask about wireless will I get a WPA2 key or get pointed to a yoke with an FM/MW/LW switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Karsini wrote: »
    Should I start referring to the A class as the 001s so? :pac:

No. Them things from across the water :D

and diesel will always be steam will it?
    diesel is diesel, steam is steam, both completely different.
    Karsini wrote: »
    Should I start referring to the A class as the 001s so?
    you can call them what you like, i just said that i'l always know the 29000s as 2900s, thats just me, the rest of you can call them what you like i couldn't care a less, i'l know what your referring to, thats all that matters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭CIE

No sweat. Plenty of folk are still calling the Metrovick 201-class by the monicker "C-class"...

Advertisement