Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell XPS Desktop 8300, i7-2600 3.40GHz, 12GB ram, 1.5TB HDD, W7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

"The Estimated Delivery Date for this order is on or before 2012-02-06 (yyyy-mm-dd)."

hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vodkatime

Tried to order it there but the coupons are coming up as expired now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

vodkatime wrote: »
    Tried to order it there but the coupons are coming up as expired now.
    New codes
    http://promotionalcodes.ie/dell-promotional-codes/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

HovaBaby wrote: »
    How powerful is the PSU?

I'd like to use the GTX590 as a GPU.

That card would most likely be too big for the case

And even if it fit would require a more powerful aftermarket PSU

You can build a PC around the GTX590 for 600ish euros anyway if you are into that kind of graphical power.. go to the building and upgrading forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vodkatime

Thanks. Just placed my order there. Not a bad machine for 600 notes.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Great Machine have one myself from last promo

Its not as good quality wise as you would expect from an xps once you look under the hood you will see what I mean.

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Wish I was in the market for a desktop!

Excellent value so it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

updated the codes on the original post, new codes expire on Jan 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have a Radeon 5770 1GB card if anyone buying these machines are looking for an upgrade.

Drop us a PM :)

I was tempted myself to pickup as a secondry machine for livestreaming etc, but I dunno, it seems that should be the normal price going by alot of prebuilt system prices in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Has the system been upgraded since yesterday...looks like it now comes with 12GB RAM and 1.5TB???

Damn I don't even need this but I think I'm gona buy it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Ended up buying this yesterday evening, my order came to €622 in total I think, grabbed a wireless card as well. Gonna swap out the GT 530 with the HD 6850 in my existing desktop and then sell the older Q6700 / 4GB RAM / Windows Vista machine without splitting it, hopefully will get me €250 so net cost of the XPS will be less than €400 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Smurph90

ordered. seen the months delivery time. seriously regret ordering now

Smurph90 wrote: »
    Unless I'm mistaken, I remember a lot of people here reporting similar long waiting times for previous orders, most of which were delivered well before the dates given; I think Dell (smartly maybe) intentionally under-promise and over-deliver when it comes to delivery dates! I'm hoping we'll see our new desktops in 2 weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

fletch wrote: »
    Has the system been upgraded since yesterday...looks like it now comes with 12GB RAM and 1.5TB???

Damn I don't even need this but I think I'm gona buy it

I'm seeing those upgrades too... but final price for me is turning out at 670 after adding bluetooth module..

I really don't need this but am seriously tempted at that sort of money

Yeah, base system is now €653 delivered so you get an extra 6GB of RAM and a 500GB HD for €42, which is obviously an excellent deal.

I ordered yesterday. I guess I'll have to look into cancelling.

A quick bit of browsing on this implies that as my order is now "in production" it cannot be cancelled. It can be returned to Dell in the 7 day cooling off period, although they'll charge a pickup fee of €20 if the product isn't defective.

Which would mean €62 for the RAM and HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Zab wrote: »
    A quick bit of browsing on this implies that as my order is now "in production" it cannot be cancelled. It can be returned to Dell in the 7 day cooling off period, although they'll charge a pickup fee of €20 if the product isn't defective.

Which would mean €62 for the RAM and HD.
    Give order support a call, they may be able to change the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Smurph90 wrote: »
    ionapaul wrote: »
    Unless I'm mistaken, I remember a lot of people here reporting similar long waiting times for previous orders, most of which were delivered well before the dates given; I think Dell (smartly maybe) intentionally under-promise and over-deliver when it comes to delivery dates! I'm hoping we'll see our new desktops in 2 weeks or so.

I ordered one before Christmas, Dec 14th I think and it arrived on its estimated delivery day - yesterday!

Sat with Dell for about two weeks, and then took a week to come from Poland via UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

If you call customer care you can cancel the order so long as it hasn't started to be processed. Just called there and the guy wasn't sure on the status of my order so is going to call back within 24hrs to let me know if he can cancel it, in which case I will order again with the upgrades.

Yep, rang an hour ago and requested the cancellation. He rang back a minute ago to confirm it had gone through. I only ordered yesterday though.

• Advertisement

Unless the product is defective or the return is a direct result of a Dell error, a return charge will be applied up to 20€ excl. VAT.

thegift06 wrote: »
    Unless the product is defective or the return is a direct result of a Dell error, a return charge will be applied up to 20€ excl. VAT.

Mine's cancelled so it's no longer an issue for me, but I'd say they way to go would be to refuse delivery. Dell say you shouldn't because "it will delay your refund" but I'd say it would save you the €20.

Lol, just cancelled my order as well, those extras are well worth another €40 odd!

But what to do in a few days when the next XPS 8300 build is boasting 20GB RAM and 3TB HDD space....? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

Hi zab or ionapaul.

What number did you call to cancel and did you have to give a reason/excuse.

I'm in the same boat myself
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Oh god seriously tempted, damn you bargain alerts. The monitor and graphics card would probably end up costing another €350 though, I don't even have a desk for it either.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Oh god seriously tempted, damn you bargain alerts. The monitor and graphics card would probably end up costing another €350 though, I don't even have a desk for it either.

ha ha your gonna have to buy one so, and a chair :D

01 204 4014 and the reason I gave was because I wanted the new deal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

ShaneU wrote: »

There is another deal which includes a monitor(23 Inch) and a slightly better graphics card(I think!) however it lacks photoshop elements and has a less powerful processor(i5 2320) for an extra €40(Total price ~€695) if thats any good to you?

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Eoghan41

so pissed that I ordered this yesterday..tried cancelling but coming up that its been shipped..might just spend the extra money on a SSD instead.. Don't exactly need 12gb of ram or 1.5 tb either but I'd say an SSD would seriously speed up the system

• Advertisement

YEsssss cancelled after ringing the above number thanks guys, time to re-order

Advertisement