Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most important issue to Sean Barrett - Economy? Emigration? Crime? No - Dress.

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

.....confusing, in that my reply appears before the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Nodin wrote: »
    Then why do you feel the need to refer to him as a "bog trotter"?
    Because during his popularity contest, he was trotting about bogland. Thought it was pretty obvious. You can reel the sanctimonium ad nauseum back in now.
    And you expect all others to follow this set of values that supposedly states 'as without, so within'.
    If the majority didn't conform then you'd have be nearer to having a point. As it happens, this is not the case so it appears that you're more or less just banging on looking for an argument with the usual repetitive format.

JustinDee wrote: »
    Because during his popularity contest, he was trotting about bogland. Thought it was pretty obvious. You can reel the sanctimonium ad nauseum back in now. .

Not really, given the "bogland" remark.
    If the majority didn't conform then you'd have be nearer to having a point. As it happens, this is not the case so it appears that you're more or less just banging on looking for an argument with the usual repetitive format.

I'd no idea that a majority doing something meant a minority had to be put into line with their views. In fact, I thought the notion of the Republic was to protect from the 'tyranny of the majority'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Not really, given the "bogland" remark
    Bogs tend to be found in bogland.
    I'd no idea that a majority doing something meant a minority had to be put into line with their views. In fact, I thought the notion of the Republic was to protect from the 'tyranny of the majority'.
    Wear shorts and a tee to any that I have mentioned earlier and report back with results.

Wear shorts and a tee to any that I have mentioned earlier and report back with results.

That doesn't really respond to the point raised, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Enough, enough already.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 54,647 ✭✭✭✭walshb

NTMK wrote: »
    They could show up in the nip for all i care if they were competent

This to me is a lame excuse. What is competent? It's just not gonna' happen. No matter how good someone is to someone, they will always be average or poor to someone else. Politicians cannot please all the people. Simple: Show the position some respect and appreciation, and dress professionally, "competent or not competent." And shorts and jeans and t shirts doesn't cut it.

BTW, "professionally" is dressing up, smart, clean and looking like you are a politician. Not some jack the lad down the local pub or bookies.

Slacks, Shirt, blazer, clean shoes, tie etc

Advertisement