Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 WWE Hall of fame

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I could see a scene like Full Metal Jacket in the barracks where Private Pile gets bashed with the soap in socks by his bunkmates.

If its Flair taking the beating someone will have to throw him off the bunk and he'll have to blade too.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭MAJR

Anyone think they would induct the British Bull Dogs this year?

Never happen.

Dynamite - while being worthy of it on his own merits - will only get inducted as part of the Bulldog's and he's still bitter towards both the WWE for not supporting him against the Rougeaus and Davey Boy for going behind his back to trademark the Bulldog name and return to the WWE.

And Davey Boy's widow and son are bitter towards the WWE for not returning all the Hart Family memorabillia they loaned to the company - which included ring gear of both Davey Boy and Owen Hart - smashing the framed drawing of Davey Boy they did send back and giving them a photograph of Mae Young in a poorly thought out attempt to mollify them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

I'd love to see Dynamite in the HOF tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I wonder what the odds of Lex Luger soon going in?

I know there was talk of him going in last year, with Mania being in Atlanta and all.

One of the crazier predictions I've seen online (forget the site) is that Vince wants to induct Ted Turner into the HOF;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,543 ✭✭✭✭briany

DeadParrot wrote: »
    I'd love to see Dynamite in the HOF tbh

The reported animosity, at least on his part, between him and the WWE means that probably won't ever happen.

Speaking of wrestlers whose legacies within the organization have been over shadowed by those of more successful former tag mates, what about Marty Janetty? He's a former IC champ, a former tag champ as one half of the Rockers and he's had various small runs with the WWE since then where he's well received so I'd imagine he's on decent terms with them?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Dynamite Kid doesnt want to be seen publicly for the most part due to his physical condition which has got even worse since 2007 . He is pretty much agoraphobic now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Any ideas if anyone is being announced tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

briany wrote: »
    The reported animosity, at least on his part, between him and the WWE means that probably won't ever happen.

Speaking of wrestlers whose legacies within the organization have been over shadowed by those of more successful former tag mates, what about Marty Janetty? He's a former IC champ, a former tag champ as one half of the Rockers and he's had various small runs with the WWE since then where he's well received so I'd imagine he's on decent terms with them?

I could see him being a filler in the next few years, you know the guy who nobody really cares about but gets in anyway.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

rovert wrote: »
    Dynamite Kid doesnt want to be seen publicly for the most part due to his physical condition which has got even worse since 2007 . He is pretty much agoraphobic now too.

Agreed. If I were WWE, I'd want to keep your distance from a guy crippled by steroids and back problems, who lives angry and bitter in a council flat and stuck a shotgun under his wife's chin. It's probably a miracle that he's still alive. It's so sad. When Benoit talked about him, I assumed he was dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭ceegee

Pretty sure Rock isnt actually related to Yoko or any of the Anoa'is. He's more a "cousin" than actual cousin (like your dads best friend being "uncle" joe)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

TMZ have reported Mike Tyson is to be inducted this year. More deserving than Drew Carey at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

welchy wrote: »

Who will induct him, Michaels or Austin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=65625
    Former WCW World champion Ron Simmons.

The updated class would be Mike Tyson, Edge, The Four Horsemen, Mil Mascaras, Simmons and the late Yokozuna.

I've heard talk of possibly a tag team being inducted as well, but have not been able to confirm that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I love how the HOF classes resemble a boards draft roster year after year.

Wrestling Observer:
    The update on Hall of Fame plans are for Austin to induct Tyson, Del Rio to induct Mil Mascaras, Christian to induct Edge, John Layfield to induct Ron Simmons, Dwayne Johnson to induct Yokozuna and HHH & Michaels to induct the Four Horsemen ahead of the obvious choice of Dusty Rhodes. Simmons and Yokozuna are likely to be announced on TV after the Chamber show.

Me likie the inductees. No William Shatners thank god just logical picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,543 ✭✭✭✭briany

Bill "who the hell are all you people?!" Shatner would be an entertaining inductee though especially if they let him go off on one, which probably wouldn't happen at this point in time however.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

William Shatner > Mike Tyson :P

briany wrote: »
    Bill "who the hell are all you people?!" Shatner would be an entertaining inductee though especially if they let him go off on one, which probably wouldn't happen at this point in time however.....

He inducted Jerry Lawler instead of Lance Russell so he and Kevin Dunn can **** right off.

• Advertisement

All logical choices except I would have preferred Mr Fuji to induct Yokozuna. I get the whole Samoan thing but The Rock and Yoko's paths never crossed on screen, hope Fuji is at least at the ceremony.

Charisteas wrote: »
    All logical choices except I would have preferred Mr Fuji to induct Yokozuna. I get the whole Samoan thing but The Rock and Yoko's paths never crossed on screen, hope Fuji is at least at the ceremony.

Fuji cant talk coherent English even on a one to one basis let alone to a theatre. Fuji is also very, very old and wheelchair bound.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Best lineup since '09 (which was unfortunately murdered by the time constraints). Should be a really enjoyable night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

Charisteas wrote: »

even bret hart would be a better choice than rock i think

rovert wrote: »
    Fuji cant talk coherent English even on a one to one basis let alone to a theatre. Fuji is also very, very old and wheelchair bound.

So have The Rock wheel him out for a few short words. Fuji talking in broken English incoherently adds to his charm though as he's best remembered as being Japanese on screen anyway.

even bret hart would be a better choice than rock i think

Jim Cornette would be perfect as inductee if he didn't have other commitments.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Having the Rock do it reeks of "we're paying him, may as well make the most of him"?

Also, why exactly are Triple H and Shawn Michaels inducting the Horsemen? Bar being friends with Flair, they have little to no connection to them, do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Having the Rock do it reeks of "we're paying him, may as well make the most of him"?

Also, why exactly are Triple H and Shawn Michaels inducting the Horsemen? Bar being friends with Flair, they have little to no connection to them, do they?

The rock has said before that he loved yoko and would love to induct him

Hhh and hbk are huge fans of the horsemen think that's the reason

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

sky88 wrote: »
    The rock has said before that he loved yoko and would love to induct him

Hhh and hbk are huge fans of the horsemen think that's the reason

HHH personally asked could he induct the horsemen I think I read somewhere. He said he had huge respect for what they have done.

• Advertisement

As has been speculated for weeks,
    Yokozuna
    was confirmed for the HoF last night on Smackdown.

Advertisement