Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's your favourite serial killer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

so.... you're agreeing with my point? ok

Its why serial kills draw in the interests of many people because they're almost impossible to explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Leatherface, seeing that guy running after you with a Chainsaw would really make you go "Holy f*ck, this guy's going to kill me".

Also does anyone else find this scene funny, or am I just sick and twisted like he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭hoorsmelt

So we've three front runners, Ted Bundy, Richard Kuklinski and Ed Keger. Can someone adda poll so we can adopt an official AH favourite serial killer?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

charlemont wrote: »
    Richard Kuklinski

A great book on Richard Kuklinski "The ice Man" and also the youtube videos show how he has/had no emotion about what he was doing, it was a job. Plain and simple.

There was a quote either in the book, or on the video, I can't remember, but it was along the lines of; (He was a hitman for the mob)

"You are a dead man, not when I find you and kill you, you are a dead man when I am given a peice of paper with your name on it. There is nothing that will stop me from killing you, it may take days, weeks, even months, but the moment I have your name, you are dead"

And to his Credit he never once failed to deliver the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Le King wrote: »
    Not a serial killer but those 3 chaps in the Ukraine should of been hung for what they did. There was a copycat murder in Russia after it too. Some people are just fcuking sick.
    Have you a link to this story I did not hear about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Immortalising Serial Killers is wrong. The media and Madame Tussads and others should be condemned for it.

Why did John Lennon's killer say he killed John Lennon....

"So I will be remembered"

I know his name but I won't say it.

He doesn't deserve his name mentioned.

Decorating killers is sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭vgv

From wikipedia:
    "In 1978 Rodney Alcala, despite his status as a convicted rapist and registered sex offender, was accepted as a contestant on The Dating Game".

lmfao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

A great book on Richard Kuklinski "The ice Man" and also the youtube videos show how he has/had no emotion about what he was doing, it was a job. Plain and simple.

There was a quote either in the book, or on the video, I can't remember, but it was along the lines of; (He was a hitman for the mob)

"You are a dead man, not when I find you and kill you, you are a dead man when I am given a peice of paper with your name on it. There is nothing that will stop me from killing you, it may take days, weeks, even months, but the moment I have your name, you are dead"

And to his Credit he never once failed to deliver the job.

Yea, He didn't do it for any perverted or other sick reasons it was just all for the cold hard cash. Kind of bloke you could have a pint with, Mind you just the one thought.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Corvo

Richard Kuklinski shouldnt really count, he was an emotionless killer, but a contract killer none the less. Their statistics are usually seperated from those of the "kill for pleasure" groups.

Big shout has to be for Richard Ramirez (read "The Nightstalker - The Life and Crimes of Richard Ramirez" by Philip Carlo if you haven't heard of him)

A guy who started out robbing places to keep his addiction fed, only to start to enjoy the power and the death and the control. Kept the eyes of one victim and tortured many others, all in their houses in the middle of the night. The fear he created among every soul in the city was unreal, its as if no one was untouchable and what made it worse was he got you in the one place you felt safe.

Also, the amount of women that followed him after his arrest was sick. One even married him, while another (a juror at his trial) became a PI to try and prove his innocence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

A friend of mines parents were spree killers on death row in the states. One of the most fúcked up childhoods you can imagine considering they brought her along to the killings when she was just a toddler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭maxximus

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭maxximus

maxximus wrote: »

above is a very interesting doc by bbcs horizon entitled Are you good or evil? , definitely worth a watch by anyone with an interest in serial murder

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

A friend of mines parents were spree killers on death row in the states. One of the most fúcked up childhoods you can imagine considering they brought her along to the killings when she was just a toddler

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

I believe you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Richard Chase "the sacramento vampire" is an interesting one. Absolutely unbelievable crazy cannibal who took too much acid and ate a babies brain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Snap, Crackle and Pop.

They were innocent, Kellogs sugared them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Nope, a serial killer is somebody who usually kills for sexual reasons and there has to be a sufficient amount of time between murders. Kuklinski killed for money just like a hangman in a prison.

Just reading through his wikipedia entry and it seems to me he killed anything at all (apart from women and children, bless him), practicing on innocents, refining his technique. No cash transactions there I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Are there any irish serial killers? the shankhill butchers are dubbed as serial killers but any one that acted on their own?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

I have 2 favourites, Jeffrey Dahmer and Andrei Chikatilo

Dahmer because of the fact he kept the body parts so close to him!

And Chikatilo becuase he didnt have a 'type' he just killed anyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Have you a link to this story I did not hear about it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dnepropetrovsk_maniacs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 peakle

meow

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Kojak wrote: »
    Give him his right title: BTK (Bind, Torture, Kill)

Dennis to his friends.Watched the video to his trial,he is one cool customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Peter Kurten AKA The Vampire Of Dusseldorf. One hell of a weirdo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Billy Loomis

• Registered Users Posts: 16,310 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Are there any irish serial killers? the shankhill butchers are dubbed as serial killers but any one that acted on their own?

Two English guys came over here in the 1970s and killed a number of women, three i think. Shaw and Evans were their names. Still in prison as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

crazygeryy wrote: »

Oh we've had a few but we really suck at catching them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Ed Gein only killed 2 people.

One of them had multiple personalities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Watched doc on jerry brudos yesterday.lovely guy amazing temperament.(sarcasm)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Brudos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Sorry for bumping this but i am writing on this subject at the moment and would like to ask if anyone could give a reason why they have a favourite serial killer or why you find them a interesting subject ?

Advertisement