Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beasty’s 2012 cycling pursuits ….

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Well done beasty, enjoyed reading throughout 2012, and looking forward to the 2013 edition!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,308 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

One final venture into this thread, as I forgot to update where I got to on my original objectives
    Beasty wrote: »
    one of my 2012 objectives is to try and get a podium position in a road race.
    First place in a vets race and 3rd in my only Masters race (combined with ladies) (1st vet;))
    I’d like to improve my TT times for 10, 25 and 50 miles. I was within 4 seconds of 24 minutes in the 10 mile in 2011, and would at the very least want to try and break through that barrier. My best 25 mile time is 63m 32s, although I never had the best weather conditions over this distance. With one or 2 adjustments I would hope to get under 63 minutes. I’ve only done the one 50 mile TT, and if I try it again next year the time will be heavily dependent on conditions on the day – if decent I would like to get under 2h 10m.
    I only did 2 10m TTs, both on the Dundalk course and beat 23 minutes each time and picking up a bronze medal in the Leinster vets championships in the process. I also got under 63 minutes in my only 25m TT. I didn't do a 50 miler (I punctured in the vets option event), so that target will have to be deferred until 2013[/quote]
    I would like to defend my Vets pursuit title
    I managed this, although it was a Track Commission rather than IVCA champioship
    if they run them I would also like to attempt the European Masters Championships. If that goes well I would then like to give the Worlds in Manchester a go in October
    I gave the Europeans in Minsk a miss but did manage to do the pursuit in the Worlds (although the less said about the actual performance the better;))

Advertisement