Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else watching Jools?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Im preferring the more soulful performances of the night , instead of jesse,imelda etc. Good laugh watching the awkward guests trying to get their funk on on the dancefloor :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

Lovin James! :)

Gregory Porter WTF are you wearing on your head? they must have the heat off in the studio!? Great voice though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

we are a bit behind as we had to pause it to wait for dad.
    love Imelda
    LOVE Ruby Turner

LOVE THE HOOTENANNY!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

great sounds off this dude...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Aoife9 wrote: »
    Gregory Porter WTF are you wearing on your head? they must have the heat off in the studio!? Great voice though! :)

lol my mam just said the same thing, not quiet like that, but in her own mammy kinda way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Is this guy off to hold up a bank after he's done here?

Some voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Great stuff .... where did he buy the hat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

looks like one of those new fangled snooooooods :D

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

As I watch this show of very talented musical people I realised I just aint cool :cool: I want a penguin suit!

Betty Wright = awesome.

• Advertisement

shockwave wrote: »
    Great stuff .... where did he buy the hat?
    It's like a hat/balaclava thingy! haven't seen them in Pennys lately but sure bet it'll be full of them now in 2012 and we'll all be wearing them by Paddys day!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

What a voice - nevermInd the hat - any chance the vaccines would fuk off?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I watch Jools evey year, bloody brilliant. I watch it in HD and in surround sound, can't beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,993 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This diva is quality, as was Gregory Porter. 2 acts I have never heard of before, but will be listening to after this.

I watch Jools evey year, bloody brilliant. I watch it in HD and in surround sound, can't beat it.

You can say that again im bloody glad my neighbour is away for the week, the amp is cranked up full how it should be enjoyed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

Jools playing guitar now. What a legend. I bet he has great craic doing these shows. Though I'd say he made the blooper roll with his fall at the very start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Quality show, so much better than going out.

projectgtr wrote: »
    You can say that again im bloody glad my neighbour is away for the week, the amp is cranked up full how it should be enjoyed

I have 2 kids and a puppy asleep so I have it on number 11 on the sound controls :( good thing I've it recorded for the hubby who is gigging himself so we'll have it cranked to the max tomorrow! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Ditto, nice one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Went to see Jools and his band play last year and i have to say I was blown away, the past 4 years i just don't want to go out as i know this is one great entertainment show,....Before that i was glued to Alan Carr....forget about RTE....

• Advertisement

Some of the acts that appear on this show, and I use Gregory Porter as the perfect example, prove that you don't need to appear on a reality talent show to make it in the music world.

Cream will always rise to the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

I have 2 kids and a puppy asleep so I have it on number 11 on the sound controls :( good thing I've it recorded for the hubby who is gigging himself so we'll have it cranked to the max tomorrow! ;)

Ah back in the day only Spinal Tap were able to turn their sound up to 11.

I like the Vaccines, not usually my sort of stuff...the good thing about them here is all the'r songs are around 2 min.

More Ruby please.

I want that clock head!!!!!

most only go up to 10 :eek: yours goes up to 11!!!!! im in awe :D

NIMAN wrote: »
    Some of the acts that appear on this show, and I use Gregory Porter as the perfect example, prove that you don't need to appear on a reality talent show to make it in the music world.

Cream will always rise to the top.

Most of the regulars on this show are around since before anyone ever heard of reality telly.
    FFS Sandie Shaw is around since before colour telly.

I'm so happy I'm singing La la la!! fantastic show as always :D

Ah back in the day only Spinal Tap were able to turn their sound up to 11.

damn hahahahahahahahaha :D

projectgtr wrote: »
    most only go up to 10 :eek: yours goes up to 11!!!!! im in awe :D

Haha!! I'm sooooooooooo tempted to see how far up it goes!! the bar thingy isn't even a quarter of the way filled in!! :D Is this Sandy Shaw again?? bit mad isn't she?

• Advertisement

Wertz wrote: »
    Most of the regulars on this show are around since before anyone ever heard of reality telly.
    FFS Sandie Shaw is around since before colour telly.

I was talking about the new acts, not the aul ones.;)

Here's another great band that appeared on it in 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsw4ipHcMvY

Advertisement