Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tescomobile

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

sending texts this evening and no problem.

Mind you I couldn't connect to the web for nearly an hour round 2.30pm even with 3g signal meteor, which was very unusual, server not found...but wasn't there suppose to be some strange fireworks in space that could knock out our esb networks or something.

pity it wouldn't knock out the troika:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

I saw an add that said top up by 20 and get 20 off a new phone, does that mean i can buy 20 credit and get a nokia c101 for 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

JG009 wrote: »
    I saw an add that said top up by 20 and get 20 off a new phone, does that mean i can buy 20 credit and get a nokia c101 for 10?

Seen this a while back but as far as I remember it's off selected handsets. I'd imagine it'd be for the more expensive handsets but obviously I'm open for correction.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Use the Cabbage App from Android to send the free webtexts on your phone through the app..... same for all networks too
    I use Jelly SMS (Lite is free, full version is paid) on my MacBook. Developed and supported by a few Irish guys it works well for all networks, available for Windows too.

No connection other than as a happy customer, blasting free txts into the ether.

sending webtxt online will not work ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Dgriff

Anyone know how much TM charge for calls to irish landlines? I'm looking at the sim only plan for €35 per month and I can't see any details about calls to landlines: http://shop.tescomobile.ie/SIM-only-plans.aspx

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Just to let you's know, tesco mobile are offering TRIPLE CREDIT to new members!
    Look around on the site for details, sorry I dont have a link :/

oh and to clarify, that's top up by 10 euro or more, and get triple your credit- for life!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

I looked into this - it's only for new members to the tesco mobile like you said - that is if you port out of tesco mobile and back into it, I don't think you would get it. Also all other restrictions apply - like it expires in 30 days, but more importantly, you can not use it to make international calls, or buy data bundles or anything that useful.

Which is why I am switching to the lyca crowd, although I am yet to do that..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭kmb

I got my son the Tesco sim and i put in €10 get €20 free credit and use the original €10 for free texts to any network.
    He then has the free €20 to us on calls but this ends on the month end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭gipi

Dgriff wrote: »
    Anyone know how much TM charge for calls to irish landlines? I'm looking at the sim only plan for €35 per month and I can't see any details about calls to landlines: http://shop.tescomobile.ie/SIM-only-plans.aspx

Thanks.

Landline and ROI mobile calls are charged at 20c per minute.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/other-call-charges.aspx

Minimum charge is 20c (i.e. 1 minute), charged by the second after that.

• Advertisement

gipi wrote: »
    Landline and ROI mobile calls are charged at 20c per minute.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/other-call-charges.aspx

Minimum charge is 20c (i.e. 1 minute), charged by the second after that.

Sorry, just to be clear, if I'm looking at the plan for €35 it includes 10,000 free mins to any network. Does any network include landlines or does "any network" only apply to "any 'mobile' network"? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

Would you not ask this under the tesco mobile (talk to section) it may be answered qicker

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭try

Dgriff wrote: »
    Sorry, just to be clear, if I'm looking at the plan for €35 it includes 10,000 free mins to any network. Does any network include landlines ? Thanks

yes

try wrote: »
    yes

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Just to let you's know, tesco mobile are offering TRIPLE CREDIT to new members!
    Look around on the site for details, sorry I dont have a link :/

oh and to clarify, that's top up by 10 euro or more, and get triple your credit- for life!

I took advantage of this last week when I ported over. Only issue I have with Tesco mobile is that the internet service is very slow as posters above indicated. I am aware of the limitations of what you free top up pays and thats OK with me - bundles and international calls are excluded but calls to UK landlines are only 1c/minute compared to 50c/minute on postfone FFS!! I now get €20 free for every €10 top up which goes a long way with me.

PS you have to have a Tesco clubcard as well and you get 1000 additional clubcard points by porting over and topping up by at least €10/month in the first 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Is there a link to the 5 euro 1 gb bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    Is there a link to the 5 euro 1 gb bundle?

http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/add-ons.aspx

There is also a 5GB add-on for €10.

Advertisement