Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Won't be using Spectra from now on

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I've unsubscribed now anyway.
    Really? Over a simple mistake like that? Little bit extreme no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

No. I value professionalism and cop-on.

Liam Byrne wrote: »

Would you also unsub if the email had mispellings or was formatted incorrectly?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I simply pointed out that a chronic lack of professionalism and basic cop-on makes a company unsuitable to deal with.

How does it? The only thing that would make them unsuitable is if there was a problem with their products or service to do with said products.

It really is such a non issue.

Would you also unsub if the email had mispellings or was formatted incorrectly?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,025 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Seanchai wrote: »
    It's possible to be anti-religion and anti-British nationalist as well.

I don't think Xavier's a British nationalist.

I simply pointed out that a chronic lack of professionalism and basic cop-on makes a company unsuitable to deal with.

How does it? The only thing that would make them unsuitable is if there was a problem with their products or service to do with said products.

It really is such a non issue.

Not to me. It shows pure laziness and disrespect.

meh, you overthink things.

Especially if its a service you use. It's really just a case of biteing off your nose to spite your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Would you not think it odd if a supposed Irish company had sent you a "Happy Honika" card instead of a Christmas card ?

If they sent me a Happy Honika card I'd refuse to deal with them due to
    a chronic lack of professionalism and basic cop-on that makes a company unsuitable to deal with.

If they sent me a Happy Hanukkah card now...

Especially if its a service you use. It's really just a case of biteing off your nose to spite your face.

So if a company can't be arsed getting basic stuff right, you don't judge them based on it ?

Fair enough.

• Advertisement

a chronic lack of professionalism and basic cop-on that makes a company unsuitable to deal with.

Happy honika Monica

Happy honika Monica

Sounds like a Paul Simon lyric! :-D

So if a company can't be arsed getting basic stuff right, you don't judge them based on it ?

Fair enough.

B asic stuff my hole. your just looking for some rubbish to push an anti uk/english/ whatever agenda. Its not part of their business and has no effect on how they deliver their goods and services. If they want to call it Boxing Day then they can go ahead. It really doesnt bother me what people want to call things, I'll call it what I want and they can call it what they want. World keeps turnign and everyones happy.

Shoulder chips are boring and annoying.

Happy honika Monica

Sounds like a Paul Simon lyric! :-D
    It's a Pheobe Buffet lyric I believe.

Fair enough.

B asic stuff my hole. your just looking for some rubbish to push an anti uk/english/ whatever agenda.

What ????

UK or English doesn't even come into it.

For all I know their new parent company could be Canadian.

As someone correctly pointed out, a UK company can get it right, so I wouldn't even have the issue with that UK company, exposing your anti-UK-agenda accusations as farcically off-the-mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

B asic stuff my hole. your just looking for some rubbish to push an anti uk/english/ whatever agenda....

In fairness, you're clearly not familiar with Liam's threads. Pop over to the Politics forum and have a read of his sentiments on British-related issues. He's noted for opposing Sinn Féin vociferously across this website.

Dionysus wrote: »
    B asic stuff my hole. your just looking for some rubbish to push an anti uk/english/ whatever agenda....

In fairness, you're clearly not familiar with Liam's threads. Pop over to the Politics forum and have a read of his sentiments on British-related issues. He's noted for opposing Sinn Féin vociferously across this website.

Cheers Dionysus

It's kinda funny when I get slated* by both sides - in my mind it means that I'm hitting the chosen balanced middle ground pretty well! :-)

*not by you in this thread obviously

Who the fuk cares. You sound like a baby who broke his toy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Unless you are religious I don't see why the name matters. Hope everyone had a nice Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It's ironic that with the anti-religion plague spreading around Boards, people still manage to get offended when the name of a saint gets replaced with "Boxing".

That's not ironic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Where did I say I was "outraged"?

So because of a mistake by a marketing head - possibly in the UK, Spectra is not suitable to deal with?

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

You do know what else spectra does dont you?

Speed camera vans. Try ignoring their correspondence and see how far you get:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I don't think Xavier's a British nationalist.

Xavier breath, or give him McAuliffe he calms down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

O/P how many other companies are you currently boycotting ? Are the use of child/sweatshop/slave labour, conflict minerals, middle-eastern oil, Israeli/Columbian/Chinese suppliers or Arms dealing lesser crimes than a minor regional cultural faux-pas or are your standards of ethical consumerism so delicate and rarefied that you spend your days sitting naked on the floorboards of a bare empty freezing room ?
    Seanchai wrote: »
    anti-British nationalist.

So anyone who refers to 26th Dec as "Boxing day" is a card carrying member of the Oliver Cromwell appreciation society ? Get a grip FFS :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

B asic stuff my hole. your just looking for some rubbish to push an anti uk/english/ whatever agenda. Its not part of their business and has no effect on how they deliver their goods and services. If they want to call it Boxing Day then they can go ahead. It really doesnt bother me what people want to call things, I'll call it what I want and they can call it what they want. World keeps turnign and everyones happy.

None of this is correct. It is a huge marketing mistake to wish people a happy St. Andrew's day on St. Georges day, a happy Valentines day on July 14th, and a happy boxing day on St. Stephen's day. Who ever wrote that copy for Spectra should have checked who they were sending it to.

I don't know anything about Spectra - if their customer base is mostly Irish they should use St. Stephen's day. If mostly English Boxing day, if both a hyphen.

These things matter, as if something is not called Boxing day here. The fact that you don't care is irrelevant, losing even 10% of subscribers would be a disastrous result from a email campaign.

So it does matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

On the page Spectra.ie it says in the logo "Spectra from Snapfish by HP"
    At the bottom of the page it says "About Snapfish".
    "Based in San Francisco, Snapfish is a division of Hewlett-Packard, the world's foremost digital imaging company and one of the most trusted brands on the planet"

Hope that clarifies it.
    Boxing Day discussion can go in the other thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement