Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Won't be using Spectra from now on

Options
  • 26-12-2011 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭

Just got an email from Spectra - which I thought was an Irish company - and was stunned to see that the subject mentioned "Boxing Day Specials"!!!

OK, so they obviously now have a UK parent company, but FFS! Do they not bother their arses to check what they're sending out ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭ThePower11

Jaysus your easily offended, you need to get out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

that may top the list of white people problems right there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

What in the name of GNFOS are you on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

TBF it is St Stephens day in Ireland,not Boxing day. I am guilty of saying Boxing day, force of habit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

krudler wrote: »

Or here. http://www.reddit.com/r/firstworldproblems/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

ThePower11 wrote: »

I get out plenty thanks. Although what that has to do with a company making a PR ****up is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

dont feed the troll

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Skulldigger

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I get out plenty thanks. Although what that has to do with a company making a PR ****up is beyond me.

He's implying that you don't have a lot going on in your life if you are outraged by something so trivial.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I was in there once and once only, they had the Gaul to speak ENGLISH to me!!!

Join the boycott.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

ThePower11 wrote: »
    He's implying that you don't have a lot going on in your life if you are outraged by something so trivial.

Of course, let's all be "outraged" about precisely the same thing you are, and to precisely the same extent. Because we're all the same. :rolleyes:

And "outraged" is your term, not the Liam lad's. The fact is that "Boxing Day" is a distinctly British term for what the rest of Europe calls, in their various languages, St Stephen's Day. That a firm operating in Ireland has so little sensitivity to local preferences is important to many people. Clearly you two are not among this group, but your preferences in no way negate the preferences of a large number of people in Ireland, whether it's about the use of "Boxing Day", the "British Isles", or whatever other British term is designed to separate Britain from the rest of Europe, and drag Ireland into the same nationalist-inspired separatist cesspit. Some of us are conscious of the politics; others clearly are not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I'm surprised that after a wee drop of magic potion they didn't speak French to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Skulldigger

Dionysus wrote: »
    Of course, let's all be "outraged" about precisely the same thing you are, and to precisely the same extent. Because we're all the same. :rolleyes:

And "outraged" is your term, not the Liam lad's. The fact is that "Boxing Day" is a distinctly British term for what the rest of Europe calls, in their various languages, St Stephen's Day. That a firm operating in Ireland has so little sensitivity to local preferences is important to many people. Clearly you and the other fella are not among this group, but your preferences in no way negate the preferences of a large number of people in Ireland, whether it's about the use of "Boxing Day", the "British Isles", or whatever other British term is designed to separate Britain from the rest of Europe, and drag Ireland into the same nationalist-inspired separatist cesspit. Some of us are conscious of the politics; others clearly are not.

Wah wah wah! Call the Geneva Convention.

Join the boycott.

Oh, how hilarious, like. Like.

Wah wah wah! Call the Geneva Convention.

:rolleyes:

Where did I say I was "outraged"?

I simply pointed out that a chronic lack of professionalism and basic cop-on makes a company unsuitable to deal with.

krudler wrote: »

What does skin colour have to do with it?

I know it's AH, but FFS put the brain in gear before letting your fingers loose on the keyboard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Well, we are part of the British Isles.

****Runs****

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I was searching for flights on one of those comprassion sites and a british travel agent had the british flag draped all over both the u.k and Ireland, send them a email never got a reply, stuff like this drive me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I simply pointed out that a chronic lack of professionalism and basic cop-on makes a company unsuitable to deal with.

Drama llama.

Drama llama.

Do you have anything to add to the thread or are you just going to type random bull**** ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

OHOOOOOHHHHHHHHH MAVROoN MAVROOooN 800 years of colonisa-SHUTTHEFUCKUP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Let me guess, you received the email into your " BT " email account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Just got an email from Spectra - which I thought was an Irish company - and was stunned to see that the subject mentioned "Boxing Day Specials"!!!

OK, so they obviously now have a UK parent company, but FFS! Do they not bother their arses to check what they're sending out ?

Unless your email address is [email]liambyrnefromireland@noreallyi'mfromireland.com[/email] they would have a hard time knowing what to send you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I got an email from Pixmania (part of the UK DSG group) advertising St Stephen's Day Sales, so that that cancels out Spectra's effort.

Any complaints about Spectra can be sent to the well known Kerry enrepreneur Xavier McAuliffe in Listowel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I thought spectra was inspector gadgets nemesis.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's ironic that with the anti-religion plague spreading around Boards, people still manage to get offended when the name of a saint gets replaced with "Boxing".

Unless your email address is [email]liambyrnefromireland@noreallyi'mfromireland.com[/email] they would have a hard time knowing what to send you.

Spectra is the Irish brand. So if the account is with Spectra then it's up to them to work it out.

And it was a .ie address that it was sent to, not that that's relevant as anyone anywhere could have signed up with the Irish company.

I've unsubscribed now anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It's ironic that with the anti-religion plague spreading around Boards, people still manage to get offended when the name of a saint gets replaced with "Boxing".

It's possible to be anti-religion and anti-British nationalist as well.

OHOOOOOHHHHHHHHH MAVROoN MAVROOooN 800 years of colonisa-SHUTTHEF[COLOR="Black"]U[/COLOR]CKUP.

Nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Would you not think it odd if a supposed Irish company had sent you a "Happy Honika" card instead of a Christmas card ?

• Advertisement

Let me guess, you received the email into your " BT " email account.

You guess wrongly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement