Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone watching Australia/India

Options
  • 26-12-2011 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Never heard of Cowan before - looks decent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ya wouldn't miss it. Cowan has been playing well in domestic crisket and scored a hundred in a tour match before this. He looks a proper opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 iamjor

bye bye Warner, first ball after the break, big wicket for India

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

General Australian Summer thread here I think:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056468405

I watched bits of the game last night alright. I had heard of Cowan but I wonder why Khawaja was getting in front of him.

At least with Zaheer fit, India have a chance. Australia can collapse..

I thought Australia did alright last night, I reckon if they put up 320 or thereabouts tonight it'll give them something to bowl at.

I haven't really watched Australia bowl since the Ashes last December/January so that'll be interesting, does anyone know if Mitchell Johnson is injured or dropped ??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

iamjor wrote: »
    I thought Australia did alright last night, I reckon if they put up 320 or thereabouts tonight it'll give them something to bowl at.

I haven't really watched Australia bowl since the Ashes last December/January so that'll be interesting, does anyone know if Mitchell Johnson is injured or dropped ??

Injured, wont be back for a few months

• Advertisement

Any night owls watching the action tonight, how long will the haddin/siddle partnership last ?

ermmm i'll answer that one myself - not long, massive wicket for India

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

just starting to watch now

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Flashdean

What can we expect from India tonight?? Sharma will slog for a few overs then VVS Laxman will come in and this will could be the game changer!!

Dravid and VVS need to hang around do what they do best and keep the innings ticking over ! Would love to see India bat for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭kksaints

Flashdean wrote: »
    What can we expect from India tonight?? Sharma will slog for a few overs then VVS Laxman will come in and this will could be the game changer!!

Dravid and VVS need to hang around do what they do best and keep the innings ticking over ! Would love to see India bat for the day!

Both Dravid and Laxman gone in the first few overs.

• Advertisement

Another collapse in Test cricket..the standard issue South Africa-in-Durban collapse and India...58/7 this morning.

gentlemen, we are in for a very interesting 2nd innings, inexperienced cowan and warner (who i think is overated) opening for the aussies, wonder if they will hold their nerve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

One man will decide the fate of this test match tomoro .... His name is
    Virender Sehwag:)

booth70 wrote: »
    One man will decide the fate of this test match tomoro .... His name is
    Virender Sehwag:)

Saywhack gone:(.....India 1/20 chasing 292.....might as well go to sleep now:(

Really Dhoni's tactics to get the last two out, but especially the last wicket remain the same as ever. Puzzling. Possibly costs India the game, 74 runs.

58/2..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfx-
    Really Dhoni's tactics to get the last two out, but especially the last wicket remain the same as ever. Puzzling. Possibly costs India the game, 74 runs.

58/2..

Dhoni's a good captain on home conditions when he can manipulate his spinners but away from home generally has been awful....woudn't blame him too much given that the whole team itself have been hopeless away from home recently

That's a 5th drubbing in a row for India away from home:mad:....also the 10th innings in a row away from home that this supposedly great batting line up has failed to get past 300

Gambhir has not scored a run all year, Kohli looks out of his depth and Laxman is threading on thin ice away from home and Dhoni himself is the classic flat track bully who has never scored any test runs away from home

Another 4-0 thumping beckons I think:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Great win by Aussie.
    Enjoyed that.

....And on the other side of the world a great win for Sri Lanka

Nice to see the two most overated teams in world cricket get thumped today:)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Flashdean

....And on the other side of the world a great win for Sri Lanka

Nice to see the two most overated teams in world cricket get thumped today:)

Well said!:D

South Africa have to stop playing at Kingsmead, terrible record since 2007 there. Lost against England in a series otherwise characterised by SA domination, SA being 6/3 there a couple of years ago and now Sri Lanka. :(

Stay at Cape Town and annihilate all comers at the fortress instead :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

India so so poor with the bat once again. its so bloody frustrating to watch them outside of the subcontinent.

Back home in Cape Town, 347/3 and Kallis 159 n.o. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ponting and Clarke steering Australia to a commanding first innings lead possibly

236-3 at lunch on day 2 in reply to Indias 191

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭doledude86

Great knock by both Clarke and Ponting..but Clarks 200 runs in a day, impressive, nice to see Hussey in good touch too hes great when he gets going

Gentlemen, are we about to see Sachin's one hundreth hundred

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Yeah I think tonight is the night.

Yeah I think tonight is the night.

Not tonight I'm afraid......out to Clarke's bowling!!!!

Perhaps VVS will play one of those magical innings he usually does against Australia instead:)

VVS gone...just need another three hundred or so from Dhoni, Kohli, Zaheer, Ashwin, Uadav and Ishant against the new ball...

Not tonight I'm afraid......out to Clarke's bowling!!!!

Perhaps VVS will play one of those magical innings he usually does against Australia instead:)

Game Set Match Series Australia and another 4-0 hammering on the horizon

The best thing that can happen to Indian cricket now is for the ageing dinosaurs in the team to retire NOW....If we are getting hammered with all these greats in the team we might as well get hammered blooding the next generation....I hope India persevere with Kohli and bring Rohit Sharma in for the next test

• Advertisement

Ishant outperforming Kohli..

Advertisement