Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Barbell Gym

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Skr4wny wrote: »
    No way, if I'd known it was open today I would've popped out as my own gym is closed. Sounds like a great place though by all accounts.

You're gym was closed all day? Unusual, no? Would've thought most were open on short hours?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    You're gym was closed all day? Unusual, no? Would've thought most were open on short hours?

Nah sure all the Total Fitness gyms were closed today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

Hanley wrote: »
    Nah sure all the Total Fitness gyms were closed today too.

What??? That must just be for the regular members, not us with premium membership keys. It was quite quiet in there today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Skr4wny

They always close bank holidays, it's ridiculous, hence I'll be changing gym soon. Well it's on the list of reasons, but not the sole one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MurrayMint

Went training there today - great way to start the New Year!

It's a great space and not too crowded with equipment. The machines are really smooth, with each one custom made and angled to really work the muscles. It was great to feel the difference.

From a girls perspective there's all the weights we'd need there; they just need a few more cardio machines, but they were saying they're on the way once the members build. From the gent's perspective there's way more to come!

Joined for the month to get in some good training for the New Year. It's kinda out of my way to go there so we'll see how the traffic goes. In the meantime it's worth it for the equipment and the knowledge of the guys working there are happy to share.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 zoil

Joined 2 days ago, looks really well, loads of weights and space.. what is even more important to me (as former Westpoint member) it's not crowded so I can train instead of waiting for squat rack or bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Hope it all goes well in there, heard some good things about it from one of the members. Must drop in when heading over that side of the city for a session.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

No powerplate FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

are they doing bjj/mma now also?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

nino1 wrote: »
    are they doing bjj/mma now also?

Yup. Join their FB page for deets and tImes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Don't know how I haven't seen this thread before.
    Place looks great.
    I'd join there in the morning if they opened at 7am :(

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭d15ude

what are the the membership fees?
    cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Sorry to drag up this old thread but just wondering if anyone on here that uses Animal Barbell could give an update on it... is it still quieter than westpoint, type of equipment etc

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

eire1 wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up this old thread but just wondering if anyone on here that uses Animal Barbell could give an update on it... is it still quieter than westpoint, type of equipment etc

Thanks

I called in for a session about 6 months ago. Great spot, lots of different toys for lifting, plenty of space. It was about 2pm when I was there and it was very quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

toys? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

light use of the various equipment thats on offer as some people can become more than a little evangelical and be the kettlebell guy/gal, the TRX g/g, the barbell only g/g etc just nicce to have a variety of options to play with, constantly varied and all that

Transform wrote: »
    light use of the various equipment thats on offer as some people can become more than a little evangelical and be the kettlebell guy/gal, the TRX g/g, the barbell only g/g etc just nicce to have a variety of options to play with, constantly varied and all that

Said much better that how I could've said it!

just a phrase that seems to annoy me for no real reason

in the motors forum some people mention a car having lots of toys with a :p after it

I seem to picture a dashboard with various assorted dildos in different colours glued to it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

in the motors forum some people mention a car having lots of toys with a :p after it

I seem to picture a dashboard with various assorted dildos in different colours glued to it :confused:

You hear 'toys' and you think 'dildos'?

Someone should probably contact James Reilly directly for this one...

• Advertisement

I'd really hate to see you getting into a car

I hate that I can't edit this horrific grammar f*ck up of mine in this old post :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

now that made me LOL!

I hate that I can't edit this horrific grammar f*ck up of mine in this old post :(

Don't give up the day job.

Unless you write for a living....

Don't give up the day job.

Unless you write for a living....

:(

:(

Don't be sad. You are Gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Cool, might pop in. Do they do a consultation etc when you join?

Advertisement