Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lazy Guards

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

SteoL wrote: »
    The Gardaí do have to feed people who are in their custody.

Yeh maybe people that are in custody for a extended period but ive had the displeasure of bein in cells on more than one occasion never for anything serious minor misdemeanours under the influence kinda thing but ive never once been offered a glass of water never mind food.

Also even if they are picking up food for someone how would that excuse parking like an arse? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

only a person with the intelligence of a garda would write something as pathetic as that.

sorry yep I was run off my feet chasing bad guys(filing documents)that I had to break the law to get some lunch

Is the intelligence of a Garda a standard unit now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Irish cops are a disgrace. Lazy and disinterested. They're deliberately working at half pace. They are only too happy for anarchy to reign. The reason being if there is anarchy, the Minister For Justice will be forced to increase their numbers and their salaries. Yet they are very well paid as it is. The dark side of Croke Park.

A lot of good points there.. But I'v seen it with some Gardaí, They join full of motivation and good intentions and within 7/10 years they are the same as the rest of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

SteoL wrote: »
    The Gardaí do have to feed people who are in their custody.

Yeh maybe people that are in custody for a extended period but ive had the displeasure of bein in cells on more than one occasion never for anything serious minor misdemeanours under the influence kinda thing but ive never once been offered a glass of water never mind food.

Also even if they are picking up food for someone how would that excuse parking like an arse? :p

Same here re under the influence detention and they always brought me in a brekkie. I never ate it tho.

No excusing parking like an arse tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Is this what are hard earned taxes are going on?

No our hard earned taxes are going into our wonderful teachers... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

You know, the Garda do have to eat. Can they not eat a Supermacs ? Also the meal might not even be for them, it could be fore prisoner in the station.

Also if my boss sent me out to get food for him , I would grab something for myself like a drink or something.

I can imagine it now.

"Lads bank robbery in progress there over in Bank Of Ireland Swords"

"Sorry control, we can't do that call. We are having our Super Macs"

I can also say, I was in the Topaz in the docks. There was 5-6 Garda cars, some Garda were filling up there cars, some making coffee, some eating others paying at the till.

A pretty serious call came in over the radio and in about 3 seconds flat the Topaz garage looked like a scene from a movie the 6 Garda cars were all off on blue lights, coffees left half made, coffees and food left at the till, food left on the tables. Jaysis if I had to do that in my job, there be a strike in under a week.

So if you added up all the times they didn't get too take a break during there shift they could take days off, would you rather that? Or have them eat when it's not so busy for them?

I'm more concerned about the massive pensions the government are handing out too people who really do nothing.

2.6 Million on a garden that's floating from a crane and your going on about a few Garda having there lunch. Sorry but there are more important issues that need attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Our hard earned taxes/Garda time seem to be going to waste on people who can't handle their drink and end up taking up a cell overnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Magic eye

El Weirdo wrote: »
    You seem to be in there quite a bit yourself, OP.

I am actually. As i said, I live nearby, so it is my local shop. I am also partial to the odd might mac though!

The difference is im not being paid to sit there and eat it. Of course the guards are entitled to their breaks, but the regualrity
    and legnth of time these fellas are spending in this place is more than a tad extreme.

Im not knocknig all guards, but anybody who knows the particualar garage in question will know what I am on about it.

Anyway, who knows? Maybe theyre on a steakout!

• Advertisement

Magic eye wrote: »
    I am actually. As i said, I live nearby, so it is my local shop. I am also partial to the odd might mac though!

The difference is im not being paid to sit there and eat it. Of course the guards are entitled to their breaks, but the regualrity
    and legnth of time these fellas are spending in this place is more than a tad extreme.

Im not knocknig all guards, but anybody who knows the particualar garage in question will know what I am on about it.

Anyway, who knows? Maybe theyre on a steakout!

Is that the same garage that stopped giving free coffee to gardai and was then robbed for the first time a few weeks later because they had started going somewhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Magic eye

edit

Its always quite pathetic when the best post someone comes up with is correcting a grammatical error. I was posting on my phone dude. Get over it.

That's far from the best argument. msg11's is the best so far.

edit

Why are you posting on two accounts?

Edit: Too late op. Joe Soap got your post quoted before you deleted it.

MagicSean wrote: »

WIN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

I use this garage at least once a week and I have to agree , whatever the circumstances of why they are there, there is always at least one or two in there.
    Another spot where your are almost certain to see one is the Texaco in Lucan, without fail..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Our hard earned taxes/Garda time seem to be going to waste on people who can't handle their drink and end up taking up a cell overnight.

Not everyone who ends up in a cell overnight on charges of being under the influence should have been put there in the first place. they were put the by inept Garda failing to do there job propely.

Now on the other hand sometimes people do belong there and the Gards have done a good job.

But yeh lets all stick with sweeping statements of either all Gards are pricks, or that everyone who get put in a cell was there desevedly so and are all wasting taxpayers money :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rivervarrig

sure, no matter what a Garda does in the public eye, its going to be the wrong thing, they cant win.
    anyone got stories where they encountered Gardaí who werent lazy?
    of course, but it doesnt make for a good bashing thread does it.
    prisoners do need to be fed while in custody. Gardaí need to be fed while working. and im sure a cup of coffee or two is ok to break what im sure can be a long 8 hours in a patrol car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

krudler wrote: »
    maybe its a night class where they learn how to pronounce "vehicle' properly.

lose the "hattitude".

sure, no matter what a Garda does in the public eye, its going to be the wrong thing, they cant win.
    anyone got stories where they encountered Gardaí who werent lazy?
    of course, but it doesnt make for a good bashing thread does it.
    prisoners do need to be fed while in custody. Gardaí need to be fed while working. and im sure a cup of coffee or two is ok to break what im sure can be a long 8 hours in a patrol car.

Also, there's only about four or five stations in South Dublin that Gardai use to refuel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Its really sophisticated alright. So much so that it took them over an hour to reach my grannies house when it was burgled last year,and then ended up calling into the wrong house! I wouldnt mind but she lives literally 5 minutes from that feckin garage!

Regarding the breaks, Its 15 minutes every 4 hours and 30 minutes dude.

Sympathies to your Gran, but not much they can do after the fact bar take a few fingerprints (unless of course she walked in on them). Like every emergency, it has to be prioritised. Re breaks, I linked the legislation so of course its 15 mins, I just said the break is allowed every 4 1/2 hours - Is OP there with a stopwatch timing these?

PS I'm not a Guard or in any way affilated with the Guards but why people when they see cops taking a coffee break they assume they're lazy or do nothing for their entire shift is beyond me. Smacks of axe grinding. The situations they get into and the horrors they must see (with their Fire Service colleagues), I'm surprised they can eat at all.

PPS At least they're at Supermacs during the day. Could be worse...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Not everyone who ends up in a cell overnight on charges of being under the influence should have been put there in the first place. they were put the by inept Garda failing to do there job propely.

They might have been put there for their own safety, to sober up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

MagicSean wrote: »

Edit: Too late op. Joe Soap got your post quoted before you deleted it.

Nice catch. :)

----

Both accounts, ginoginelli and Magic eye banned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement