Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lazy Guards

Options
  • 21-12-2011 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

I live near the garage in Spawell, just off the M50. It is also a supermacs and a spar. Anytime I ever go in, there is anything from 2 - 10 gardai sitting in there drinking coffee, or stuffing "mighty macs into their mouth".

Whether it be 11 am or 4 pm sure as s*** there will be a few guards sitting around scrathing their liathroids, talking about sundays gaelic game. I was up there yesterday twice in the space of 2 hours and I saw the same group of gardai both times. Dont they have any work to do?

Is this what are hard earned taxes are going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Shoki

Guards cant have lunch breaks?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Better to have them in there than behind that bloody bus stop on the other side of the road trying to catch people speeding immediately after coming off the motor way when it changes down to 60km

Fair play to them I say! If they dont support local burger joints then who will!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

You seem to be in there quite a bit yourself, OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Gotta get me one of those "Mighty Macs" you speak of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭stocktrader

To be honest I pass this garage many times a week and I can honestly say I've never been there without our local constabulary tucking into donuts, coffee or a wonderful supermacs.

I have to agree with the first poster. We are all entitled to breaks but this garage is more like a police station than a petrol station. Maybe they are cutting costs and are allowed to stay in the petrol station to save on heating back in the police station.

I wouldn't mind but the amount of burglaries in the area recently and the response times are sometimes over an hour so I've heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I live near the garage in Spawell, just off the M50. It is also a supermacs and a spar. Anytime I ever go in, there is anything from 2 - 10 gardai sitting in there drinking coffee, or stuffing "mighty macs into their mouth".

Whether it be 11 am or 4 pm sure as s*** there will be a few guards sitting around scrathing their liathroids, talking about sundays gaelic game. I was up there yesterday twice in the space of 2 hours and I saw the same group of gardai both times. Dont they have any work to do?

I can't believe there is 10 gardai on duty at the same time. Talking gaelic, must be culchies, time means nothing to country guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

, or stuffing "mighty macs into their mouth".

Is there a reason thats in inverted commas ? is it code for something else? or are we just sticking them in at random?

Better to have them in there than behind that bloody bus stop on the other side of the road trying to catch people speeding immediately after coming off the motor way when it changes down to 60km

A here, you make it sound like the motorway suddenly changes to a lesser road or something. You've just taken an off ramp,gone round a sharpe enough bend and merged down on to a dual carriageway. It's not like you could make a mistake and still think your on the M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

maybe its a night class where they learn how to pronounce "vehicle' properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

so if you do it, its probably a lunch break.

If they do it, they're lazy. ah yes, I see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Similar lunch and dinner breaks + Confirmation bias = poor judgement imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

To be honest I pass this garage many times a week and I can honestly say I've never been there without our local constabulary tucking into donuts, coffee or a wonderful supermacs.

I have to agree with the first poster. We are all entitled to breaks but this garage is more like a police station than a petrol station. Maybe they are cutting costs and are allowed to stay in the petrol station to save on heating back in the police station.

I wouldn't mind but the amount of burglaries in the area recently and the response times are sometimes over an hour so I've heard

+1 again ive nothing against Gards taking breaks but its like that place has a Gard magnet you really cant go in there at any time and not find at least one Garda car parked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

That kind of grub on a regular basis won't do their figures any favours. A mighty mac is not the food of champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Not really, your taxes are spent on the sophisicated digital communications system the Gardai use so they are in contact with the Emeregency Operators anytime, anywhere.

The fact that in many districts Gardai are not allowed to go back to the station for breaks (to which every taxpaying worker is entitled to every 4 hours 30 minutes) so that they are available to take emergencys calls, means that they have to use public restaurants and cafes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

A here, you make it sound like the motorway suddenly changes to a lesser road or something. You've just taken an off ramp,gone round a sharpe enough bend and merged down on to a dual carriageway. It's not like you could make a mistake and still think your on the M50.

You're a traffic cop aren't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You're a traffic cop aren't you?

Nope. But in 12 years of driving, including that road most days, I've never had a speeding ticket(touch wood:))

and before you start, I'd say I speed to varying degrees every time I drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Magic eye

That is so funny. I live just down the road from that garage and im always in and out of the place. I can honestly say since the arrival of supermac's, I have never not seen a guard there! Got to agree with the op here, It seems like they are taking the piss a little bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Has anyone noticed how they often park on double yellows outside their favourite establishments whilst they order their kebabs and whatnot?.

http://atoast2toast.com/2010/06/21/emergency-kebab/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Irish cops are a disgrace. Lazy and disinterested. They're deliberately working at half pace. They are only too happy for anarchy to reign. The reason being if there is anarchy, the Minister For Justice will be forced to increase their numbers and their salaries. Yet they are very well paid as it is. The dark side of Croke Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

So what do you do for a living, other than going in to supermacs enough to know who the regulars are?
    Just want to know so I can start a thread titled "Lazy Accountants/Solicitors/Chefs/Cleaners" etc.

its a bit like the stonecutters episode from the simpsons at this garage. high fives, handshakes. it just appears that alot of gardai on the southside are "on lunch" alot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

and before you start, I'd say I speed to varying degrees every time I drive.

I'm the last person that would judge you I can assure you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Magic eye

Plazaman wrote: »
    Not really, your taxes are spent on the sophisicated digital communications system the Gardai use so they are in contact with the Emeregency Operators anytime, anywhere.

The fact that in many districts Gardai are not allowed to go back to the station for breaks (to which every taxpaying worker is entitled to every 4 hours 30 minutes) so that they are available to take emergencys calls, means that they have to use public restaurants and cafes.

Its really sophisticated alright. So much so that it took them over an hour to reach my grannies house when it was burgled last year,and then ended up calling into the wrong house! I wouldnt mind but she lives literally 5 minutes from that feckin garage!

Regarding the breaks, Its 15 minutes every 4 hours and 30 minutes dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Has anyone noticed how they often park on double yellows outside their favourite establishments whilst they order their kebabs and whatnot?.

http://atoast2toast.com/2010/06/21/emergency-kebab/

A reasonable answer to that would be that they are picking up food for people in cells and they have may not have time to find parking lest they be accused by the UNCHR of torturing Anto by denying him his batter burger and curry chips.
    Another reasonable answer is that maybe they have been out on patrol all day and haven't had a chance to get anything to eat? How long do you get for your lunchbreak everyday???

But since this is after hours and you are all a bunch of public sector/garda/defence forces bashing cúnts I'm going to presume that reason and logic has no place :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

A reasonable answer to that would be that they are picking up food for people in cells and they have may not have time to find parking lest they be accused by the UNCHR of torturing Anto by denying him his batter burger and curry chips.
    Another reasonable answer is that maybe they have been out on patrol all day and haven't had a chance to get anything to eat? How long do you get for your lunchbreak everyday???

But since this is after hours and you are all a bunch of public sector/garda/defence forces bashing cúnts I'm going to presume that reason and logic has no place :mad:

Is that meant to be serious post really? :pac:.

Yeh because the gards would often throw someone in a cell and automatically run to the nearest Mc Donalds or whatever the make sure they have a full stomach while in the cell :pac:.

Oh so if Gards park on double yellows it allowed because there in a rush? Sure jasus in that case eveytime im in a rush havent had time to eat ill just dump my car right at the door of the shop on the footpath and when the ticket warden comes ill just tell him Im on my lunchbreak I dont get long and havent eaten all day im sure hell find it a perfectly acceptable excuse:pac:.

Im not anti Gards but come on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Is that meant to be serious post really? :pac:.

Yeh because the gards would often throw someone in a cell and automatically run to the nearest Mc Donalds or whatever the make sure they have a full stomach while in the cell :pac:.

Oh so if Gards park on double yellows it allowed because there in a rush? Sure jasus in that case eveytime im in a rush havent had time to eat ill just dump my car right at the door of the shop on the footpath and when the ticket warden comes ill just tell him Im on my lunchbreak I dont get long and havent eaten all day im sure hell find it a perfectly acceptable excuse:pac:.

Im not anti Gards but come on.

The Gardaí do have to feed people who are in their custody.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Irish cops are a disgrace. Lazy and disinterested. They're deliberately working at half pace. They are only too happy for anarchy to reign. The reason being if there is anarchy, the Minister For Justice will be forced to increase their numbers and their salaries. Yet they are very well paid as it is. The dark side of Croke Park.

Would you like some straws to clutch at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

hondasam wrote: »
    I can't believe there is 10 gardai on duty at the same time.

It's on the border of Tallaght and Rathfarnham so Guards from both stations use the garage plus tallaght is one of the busiest stations in Dublin

• Advertisement

only a person with the intelligence of a garda would write something as pathetic as that.

sorry yep I was run off my feet chasing bad guys(filing documents)that I had to break the law to get some lunch

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement