Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tesco tin roses - are the sweets gone bigger?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

no your hands just shrunk

and celebrations ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭tina turner

American these days.

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I only ever eat roses from tins at Christmas so I've no idea what size they are at other times of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

just opened a tin of roses and the size of the sweets seem to go much bigger than last time i had it. And the blue one - the caramel one - is even different shape :eek:

And the Tassimo competition advertised on the leaflet found inside is only open to UK residents :(

I always thought that Roses are pure Irish...Such disappointment ahead of the Crimbo...

Rant over :D

I just can't believe Tina Turner shops in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

As bad as they are right now, they will never sink to the depth of the box of Lemons Season Greetings with the picture of Santa on the side.

That people, is a rubbish box of sweets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

And we all know cream eggs are getting smaller too. You can easily eat one in one go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭tina turner

later10 wrote: »
    I just can't believe Tina Turner shops in Tesco.

Don't know about her...I do anyway :D

My favorite is brazilian darkness :) also different shape these days,used to be square, now is more of a rectangle...half a size...:( less pleasure :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 caca2011

I love the strawberry creame:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Generally I walk past the tinned sweets and go straight for the cider.Linden Village how are ya .....................?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Loudova wrote: »
    That's not true! I did :(
    Me too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Roses are crap since the coffee cremes went..... I was so disappointed the 1st Christmas when I opened the tin and they weren't in it:eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Ficheall wrote: »
    The coffee creams were horrible. No one ever ate them.

They were always eaten in the end, usually around the 28th december, when your cold turkey from chocolate got the better of you

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

suprised there not made in china like everything else these days , i think roses are rotton anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I find Roses chocolates just horrible, especially the Strawberry and Orange... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

quality street are much nicer

Oatfield Emerald FTW! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Mickey H wrote: »
    Oatfield Emerald FTW! :)
    You mean Scots Clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Lidl Praline Seashells. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Friend of mine works in tesco and he was telln me at the weekend a woman (40ish) came in and made a complaint. Said that last year she had bought a box of roses and took them home and counted the sweets inside.

Then this year there were 60 less sweets in her tin and she wanted an explination

i loled:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Ferrero Rocher are where it's at - heaven in a bite.

Now this is a Christmas Breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Ferrero Rocher are where it's at - heaven in a bite.

Now this is a Christmas Breakfast!

nom nom nom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

I only eat O'Brien's chocolate. It's a recession you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

bronte wrote: »
    They don't taste as nice anymore. :(
    livinsane wrote: »
    Roses have gone to shíte.
    Quality Street have always been shíte.
    Minature Heroes and Celebrations are the only truly satisfying mini chocolate mix.

Its also to do with the fact that the 6euro tins are specially made and the chocolate is not the same as it is in the usual box of roses, which is why they are hardly reduced in price.

I believe there is less cocoa solids in the "christmas" tins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Paparazzo wrote: »
    And we all know cream eggs are getting smaller too. You can easily eat one in one go.

I don't care what their excuse is, they should offer us the option of buying a proper sized egg. A larger egg would feel like it tastes better than 2 small ones. I stopped buying Creme eggs because they're too small . They are pathetically small. They're also too expensive but a proper sized egg would increase my purchases from zero to anywhere. I'm nostalgic for proper choc :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

I ate some roses today for first time in years. Manky chocolates. Need to stock up on some real belgian chocolates this week i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Rancid and there's a good reason why, they have a very low cocoa content.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

Roses are rotten these days, basically all the nice ones have been taken out. WTF is that about?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I always thought that Roses are pure Irish...Such disappointment

Yet you buy them in Tesco. :rolleyes:

Advertisement