Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another day, Another crash. Cheer me up.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Time to trade in for a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I broke my chest bone, had severe internal bleeding, cracked ribs, severe whiplash that will cause me pain for the next few years, cartilage damage to my cest, ribs and hips. All in one car crash.

You'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

well look at it this way, you could be dead. also here's a cat rubbing a baby http://youtu.be/PWXigjFm4TM

I broke my chest bone, had severe internal bleeding, cracked ribs, severe whiplash that will cause me pain for the next few years, cartilage damage to my cest, ribs and hips. All in one car crash.

You'll be grand.

Ouch.. I always thank how lucky I am after every crash. Very very very lucky.. Can't imagine what it must like to be busted up like that.
    One of my friends lost half his pinkie there last week getting whacked by a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

have you considered trading the bike in for a pair of roller skates and a fire extinguisher?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

You remind me of that priest from Father Ted, the unfortunate Father Larry Duff, the one who always gets into those accidents.

You remind me of that priest from Father Ted, the unfortunate Father Larry Duff, the one who always gets into those accidents.

2011 really has been that sort of year..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

If you insist on driving in the living room then it's inevitable that you'll end up crashing on the couch. Move all your furniture out first.
    Think once, think twice, THINK SIDEBOARD!

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

2011 really has been that sort of year..

It's soon over though :)
    Make 2012 colourful, fun and motorbike-accident-free :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

You'd want to be careful or you could end up being Organ Donor by Google.

• Advertisement

It's soon over though :)
    Make 2012 colourful, fun and motorbike-accident-free :pac:

Ah I don't mind them as long as I don't get badly hurt.. The bikes are cheap to fix and it's just another story for the boys. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

A moped is not a motorbike...it's a girlie transporting machine. If you're going to be riding one regularly I'd suggest a few lessons, they might save your life.

And get a helmet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Occupational hazard of living in Vietnam :pac:. How many motorbike crashes do you see every day?
    TheZohan wrote: »
    A moped is not a motorbike...it's a girlie transporting machine.

Tell that to the millions of people who ride them in vietnam. They dont care such stupid things, why would anybody? Insecurity perhaps.

A moped is not a motorbike...it's a girlie transporting machine. If you're going to be riding one regularly I'd suggest a few lessons, they might save your life.

And get a helmet!

Girlie transport machine? That's alot of girls in Vietnam.

As it happens, I'm driving this lately.. Moped?
    http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/7568/20111109140111.jpg

As it happens, I'm driving this lately.. Moped?
    http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/7568/20111109140111.jpg

In the second link you posted you mentioned a moped:
    after wrecking my body and my moped by crashing

Nice bike but get yourself a helmet at the very least and if you're riding on roads that are surfaced be aware that at a 60mph crash your bone grinds down at 1/2" each second.

Did you take any lessons?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭gandhi123

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Youre a braver man then me driving a bike in vietnam. Its like shoals of fish that just merge into eachother. With everyone elso on a bike a car cant make much headway but why not stick to the motor bike taxi guys? From what I remember christmas eve and new years eve were the busiest nights for traffic so with your habit of crashing probably best to take those nights off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

What are you doing in Vietnam dude? Did you not hear that the war was over years ago... it's time to come home.

In the second link you posted you mentioned a moped:

Nice bike but get yourself a helmet at the very least and if you're riding on roads that are surfaced be aware that at a 60mph crash your bone grinds down at 1/2" each second.

Did you take any lessons?

I own two bikes now and will be buying a third in the next couple of weeks.. I have a really good helmet that took a big knock last night. No lessons, I'm really good on bikes now.. This crash like all the latest ones was someone else driving into me. It happens constantly here. I feel particularly bad for my friend losing half his finger and the driver not even getting out of his car.

If you're bored, you can read one of my happy motorbike stories.. Cool photos.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75821037#post75821037

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Your friend lost half his finger in the accident :eek:

• Advertisement

ollie1 wrote: »
    Your friend lost half his finger in the accident :eek:
    Nope, different accident last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

A perfect time for me to advertise my new range of motorbike clothing made entirely of high grade industrial bubblewrap.

The downside of the suits are the high bouncability factor and if you crash you may end up at least 1500 metres from the crash site so therefore you could be technically done for leaving the scene of an accident. Still you'll be in one piece and the pleasant popping sound as you roll will bring a smile to the faces of those witnessing the mayhem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

No wonder my mother never wanted me to get a motorbike they are dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I own two bikes now and will be buying a third in the next couple of weeks.. I have a really good helmet that took a big knock last night. No lessons, I'm really good on bikes now.. This crash like all the latest ones was someone else driving into me. It happens constantly here. I feel particularly bad for my friend losing half his finger and the driver not even getting out of his car.

This should do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Watch TT 3D while you're on the couch today. Guy Martin walks like a duck with a pipe stuck up it's anus throughout the movie but it's a good watch.

Get well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Heres another meme to cheer you up...

Meme

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Vietnam is nuts for the motorbike crashes. I was in a mini van on on way to Nha Trang when the driver ploughed into a fella on a bike. The fella went flying into the embankment dividing the road. Our driver didn't even stop despite a few of us trying to get him too. Chap coulda been killed for all I know.

Look after yourself dude, I thought I was really good on bikes too 'til I took a few lessons. When you're on a bike you have to treat other road users as if they're out to get you, be observant of everything that's going on around you.

A month ago a car shot out without looking from a lane-way I was passing , if it wasn't for the training I received I'd be mush now.

Look after yourself dude, I thought I was really good on bikes too 'til I took a few lessons. When you're on a bike you have to treat other road users as if they're out to get you, be observant of everything that's going on around you.

A month ago a car shot out without looking from a lane-way I was passing , if it wasn't for the training I received I'd be mush now.

Yea, if I ever drive a motorbike in a normal country, I'll definitely get more advanced lessons... You're more likely to crash here but it will usually be minor in the city. At home, the speeds are scary.. I certainly don't have the ability to drive a 600cc safely on a country road.

Here, it's about being aware of just how many ridiculous things local people do on a regular basis.. So often, you'll be driving on a big road in the city, 2 bikes will split in front of you and out of nowhere, there's a guy coming straight at you on a bike or something. If you came here, I'd be a much better driver for a week or so until you got used to it and then your experience would come in and you'd be better.

One of the more difficult places for a new driver to get through.

A normal intersection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

With great power comes great responsibility... remember that.

Advertisement