Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N5 Ballaghaderreen Bypass

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

JupiterKid wrote: »
    All that's needed now is to upgrade that pesky Frenchpark to Strokestown section. Or are plans still around to reroute the N5 to Carrick-On-Shannon?

No, it was suggested but shot down as the Sligo would want designed for the amount of extra traffic it would add. There are now plans for the Frenchpark to Longford stretch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 flat 2 the.....

I would of thought ENDA K would or will have alot more done by 2016 regarding the N5 being upgraded

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I would of thought ENDA K would or will have alot more done by 2016 regarding the N5 being upgraded

Maybe I'm wrong but they seem focused or at least overly focused on pushing the sections around Castlebar and Westport as far as they can and as quick as they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Is it open yet lads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

D Trent wrote: »
    Is it open yet lads ?

Not as of this morning anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

Was there around 4pm today. Work still going on around the tie-ins at each end. Apart from that, going by the parts of the bypass that are visible, it looks ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,548 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

It is ready indeed. Signs are up, barriers are up, lines painted.

Ms jou's friend works part time for Wills (doing paperwork in their temporary office in B'reen), according to her words it'll be open next week.

joujoujou wrote: »
    It is ready indeed. Signs are up, barriers are up, lines painted.

Ms jou's friend works part time for Wills (doing paperwork in their temporary office in B'reen), according to her words it'll be open next week.

Good stuff. One would hope it would be open by the 24th at least. That's the day of the Mayo v Kerry semi-final. If the train strike still goes ahead on the 24th & 25th, it will be busy!

Unregistered Users

Wills employees were on lunch in a restaurant Ms jou works in.

Asked "When?" they answered: "Tonight!"

Wills employees were on lunch in a restaurant Ms jou works in.

Asked "When?" they answered: "Tonight!"

Excellent!

Mid West Radio lunchtime news mentioned "in the next number of days" a few moments ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭sonnyblack

Great news.Will you try wnd find put if the wills lads are moving onto gort tuam next?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Score, heading that way tonight myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭markpb

hardCopy wrote: »
    Score, heading that way tonight myself.

Me too, I hope it does open today. I'd love if another few minutes could be shaved off my trek from Dublin to Belmullet. More time with the in laws ;op

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Well it's 9:20 now, it mustn't have opened :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭markpb

spacetweek wrote: »
    Well it's 9:20 now, it mustn't have opened :)

No sign of anything happening when I went past at 7:30, everyone was gone and it was still blocked off.

Unregistered Users

They didn't. :(

Disappointment.

My sources told me there was a kind of audit yesterday - appeared that something is wrong and needs to be sorted.

And more than likely 2 more weeks of waiting.

They didn't. :(

Disappointment.

My sources told me there was a kind of audit yesterday - appeared that something is wrong and needs to be sorted.

And more than likely 2 more weeks of waiting.

Still a chance for next weekend maybe? With the train strike more than likely to go ahead on the 24th & 25th, it would be handy to have it open for the Mayo Kerry double header in Croke Park.

Unregistered Users

I don't think so.

Ms jou's sorces said audit found lanes should get wider (exits at junctions or something).

I'm not sure if it's just a matter of improperly painted lines (I doubt though) or something more serious.

Bear in mind that all of above news are result of talks between Ms jou and Wills employees, so they're not official whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Any update on this?

Heading back that way tomorrow. Think I'll come up to Dublin on Saturday to avoid match traffic on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭macker16

2nd september

• Advertisement

Passed by around 2pm today. Looks complete. Tie-ins at both ends look done and marked. Could they not open it temporarily for Croke Park bound traffic tomorrow? The Dundalk bypass was temporarily opened in 2005 on All-Ireland final day for Northern traffic. Tyrone were in the final that year. The official opening was a day later.

RED L4 0TH wrote: »
    Passed by around 2pm today. Looks complete. Tie-ins at both ends look done and marked. Could they not open it temporarily for Croke Park bound traffic tomorrow? The Dundalk bypass was temporarily opened in 2005 on All-Ireland final day for Northern traffic. Tyrone were in the final that year. The official opening was a day later.

It'll be open when it passes inspection

Unregistered Users

I was there this morning. Doubt they could open it even temporarily, considering auditors' complains.

Ms jou's sources said additional groundworks are currently pending at junctions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

RED L4 0TH wrote: »

Sure it'll be open for Mayo in the All Ireland final, let them take the train tomorrow.

Sure it'll be open for Mayo in the All Ireland final, let them take the train tomorrow.

I'm afraid not, no trains tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

...and when the politician who wants to get his picture in the paper is available.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

...and when the politician who wants to get his picture in the paper is available.

Recently its been common enough to open unceremoniously, then throw a ribbon across it some quiet Wednesday morning with the grinning politician there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Oh the irony

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Sean O'Neill (NRA spokesman) was on was on George Hook 's show last Thursday - looking to open "early September". Comment approx 8:30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭macker16

Opening 2nd September at 12.30 pm by our leader:D Enda

Advertisement