Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

rojorolo wrote: »
    Hi there completely demented waiting on this visa as I'm sure everybody else is. I'm just wondering has anyone who sent theirs in around mid Fed gotten the reciept email yet? Just hoping to get a gauge of the delays. Even posting to say you are yet to hear from them would help. Its been 5 weeks and im starting to worry :(
    rojorolo, mine got delivered 3rd feb they didnt acknowledge till 24th. Everyone seems to have a different experience with it so far hard enough to guage a time line seems a bit all over the shop. best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭culchienator

hi all. I received my payment email this week and paid today. In the email I received from the embassy it tells me to send on a copy of the IMM1295 form that I originally sent to them. This copy is to be sent via email and what I am wondering is does this form require my signature? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Hi there completely demented waiting on this visa as I'm sure everybody else is. I'm just wondering has anyone who sent theirs in around mid Fed gotten the reciept email yet? Just hoping to get a gauge of the delays. Even posting to say you are yet to hear from them would help. Its been 5 weeks and im starting to worry :(

I sent mine on 25th Feb and I got the receipt email this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

hi all. I received my payment email this week and paid today. In the email I received from the embassy it tells me to send on a copy of the IMM1295 form that I originally sent to them. This copy is to be sent via email and what I am wondering is does this form require my signature? Thanks.

No it doesn't, just an electronic copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WillAtkins261

Hello there guys, have already read a bit on this forum about what I am about to ask but need a little more information. Basically I am applying for a IEC Visa application as an 18 year old british citizen. I have completed all of the forms police checks etc and have sent it all off for special delivery tomorrow before 1pm.

So my question is, on the step by step guide you fill of a couple of forms with reference codes and confirmations that i pressume help the people at the other end to make a link between your form and their records. Well it says to save the form once completed as you will need to email it to them at a later date.. well here is the problem, i forgot to save it before i excited the page. I have copies of all the forms filled out and these do have the reference numbers on them, so i was just wondering what i should do in this situation?

Should I scan the forms to my computer and email them that way? is there a way of retrieving them via the reference number?

One more thing, having a small panic as have just been looking over copies and have realised for family information, I have not filled in the marital status of my family members... just myself?! is this a major issue?

any help would be great
    thanks will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Gigi_Glee

Hello there guys, have already read a bit on this forum about what I am about to ask but need a little more information. Basically I am applying for a IEC Visa application as an 18 year old british citizen. I have completed all of the forms police checks etc and have sent it all off for special delivery tomorrow before 1pm.

So my question is, on the step by step guide you fill of a couple of forms with reference codes and confirmations that i pressume help the people at the other end to make a link between your form and their records. Well it says to save the form once completed as you will need to email it to them at a later date.. well here is the problem, i forgot to save it before i excited the page. I have copies of all the forms filled out and these do have the reference numbers on them, so i was just wondering what i should do in this situation?

Should I scan the forms to my computer and email them that way? is there a way of retrieving them via the reference number?

One more thing, having a small panic as have just been looking over copies and have realised for family information, I have not filled in the marital status of my family members... just myself?! is this a major issue?

any help would be great
    thanks will.

will, the application forms/process might be different cos you're a uk citizen, but i would actually apply all over again if i was you. i know it sounds a bit drastic, but the IEC people seem very particular about the applications and their acceptance criteria.

if you dont want to apply all over again i'd scan in the forms you have and wait til they get back to you.

hope that helps - best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

Hi there,

My boyfriends application was delivered on Feb 8th and we received confirmation of receipt on March 8th..

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

Rossin wrote: »
    if you get accepted, how long can you wait before you activate your visa? Thanks

maybe a silly question but, anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

12 months as far as I know.

You have until the end of 2012!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 L_E_M

You have until the end of 2012!

That's incorrect your LOI is valid for 12 months from the issue date.

L_E_M wrote: »
    That's incorrect your LOI is valid for 12 months from the issue date.

My bad! I just checked that, they must have changed it since I first applied, it's now valid for 12 months from date of issue!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Is it worth doing this through USIT or on your own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 fc04

Help needed please!!! I made payment last week for myself and my girlfriend through my aib online account with the IBAN, SWIFT address and everything was done correctly except for the receiver name insted of putting canadian embassy i put allied irish bank(Mistake):o so i went into my bank and she checked the embassies account and couldnt find my payment but said it should have gone through that if the addrss is correct it should go through i have also e-mailed the embassy twice to no avail an it is 12 days tomorrow and im waiting for aib to trace the payment.So this is our last chance, Should i send the payment again and put in canadian embassy?Or will they reject us because of two payments:confused::confused:
    So has anyone got any suggestions on anything else that i can do.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sleepyhollows

namrod28 wrote: »
    Are you not worried in case they didnt get the payment? freaking out myself as my 12 days are nearly up. rang the bank in dublin and everything.

Hmmmm well I have been following this forum for a while and the way I paid (online transfer from AIB to AIB) was the same as the way a lot of people have successfully paid.

I have quadruple checked all the bank details and numbers so they have €105 from me in their account somewhere....There is no point in worrying about it now.

If they come back at me with talk of rejection then I will not be happy :mad: but I will be sending them all the proof of payment that I have. Here is hoping it wont come to that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 L_E_M

Just got my LOI!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

L_E_M wrote: »
    Just got my LOI!!!
    what does your timeline look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rojorolo

My boyfriend and I are currently enduring this joyful process. :( He sent his application from Belfast to London around mid Feb. He didn't send it registered post so we couln't monitor it but we assume it arrived about 5 weeks ago. I was delayed because of my garda cert and sent mine two weeks later by registered post and it arrived on March 2nd. I recieved my confirmation email today but he is still waiting. He should have had his confirmation weeks before me. As we all know (from this thread) the IEC dept are terrible at answering emails so what do we do to find out what is going on with his application? I am getting scared it was lost in the post :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rojorolo

My boyfriend and I are currently enduring this joyful process. :( He sent his application from Belfast to London around mid Feb. He didn't send it registered post so we couln't monitor it but we assume it arrived about 5 weeks ago. I was delayed because of my garda cert and sent mine two weeks later by registered post and it arrived on March 2nd. I recieved my confirmation email today but he is still waiting. He should have had his confirmation weeks before me. As we all know (from this thread) the IEC dept are terrible at answering emails so what do we do to find out what is going on with his application? I am getting scared it was lost in the post :eek:

Lol ignore that he got his this morning! SO basically this process has no queing process or logic to it....great!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

Lol ignore that he got his this morning! SO basically this process has no queing process or logic to it....great!
    know exactly how ye are feeling. Myself and hubby sent off our forms together in Jan and i got my LOI on 6th mar and he still hasn't....freaking out!!! The process is insane.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 fc04

So aib have screwed us over our payment is in the embassies account but not the full ldn what a joke why did it give me the option to put in the full ldn and then it doesnt come up on their accounts what a total digrace so angry right now. Four mails sent to the iec with the reference numbers from two payments made and no reply looks like well be applying all over again aib have lost my custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

Just noticed that the amount of visas left has dropped really quickly in the last few days, down to 3,134 now.

Did it go down this fast last year does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

watch that number creep back up now as people get rejected for various reasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    watch that number creep back up now as people get rejected for various reasons

wouldnt they only reduce the number once the actual permit has been granted? as opposed to basing it on applications?

Number has regularly been yo-yoing up and down

I think when they initially scan the barcode and send you the receipt email that's when they mark the number down

goes back up when they scan it again to say it's being sent back to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Rejected

The whole process is ridiculous. I'm waiting a month now since my second notice of receipt and if I were to go by the innumerable different time frames that it took others on here to get through the different stages then there's no way of even guessing when I'll past the next step. And even when you are asked to pay then you have the worry of hoping that your payment actually gets through or that they don't cock up somewhere along the line like they've done with so many others it seems.

You're left completely in the dark also since there's not a human to even call and they rarely if ever respond to emails.
    DazzlerIE wrote:
    Number has regularly been yo-yoing up and down

I think when they initially scan the barcode and send you the receipt email that's when they mark the number down

goes back up when they scan it again to say it's being sent back to you

I've also noticed the number increasing and decreasing on a regular basis, or else the date will be updated and the figure remain the same.

Fair play to IEC for once, my visa app arrived back today, a week from rejection to having it back in Vancouver

Means I can FedEx it back today and get the waiting game going again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Rejected

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Fair play to IEC for once, my visa app arrived back today, a week from rejection to having it back in Vancouver

Means I can FedEx it back today and get the waiting game going again

They're quick about rejecting and returning applications. That's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

im a month from my receipt email and still dont know if im approved or rejected, the waiting is the worst part. How hard is it to email a person and let them know!!

• Advertisement

Just looking through my app that was sent back, they had numbers wrote beside all of my work experience that seemed to correspond with how long I'd been working in my various jobs

wonder why they did that...

Advertisement