Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photographs of Galway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

11406990_10205982606580154_5462044125254094763_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

8BibaJf.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Sunday evening...

18881124513_c9d4d09125_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

ONe from last month
    354552.jpg

Stevolende wrote: »
    ONe from last month

Where was that taken?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Doughiska. I have a few, but I thought I could embed photo in the message so I need to work out how to do that so that the image doesn't have to be clicked on to be seen

Doughiska. I have a few, but I thought I could embed photo in the message so I need to work out how to do that so that the image doesn't have to be clicked on to be seen

After you upload the image you will see a number of links listed, the one you need to copy is the "Direct Link" Copy that address and when you are creating the post click on the the little yellow "Insert Image" icon and paste that link you copied in to the box that pops up and it will embed it into the post.

For images you have already uploaded you can open the image, right click on it and choose "Copy Image Location" and paste that link into the box in the post when you click on the yellow "Insert Image" icon, like so

354553.jpg

Thanks, think I was imagining it must be something along those lines when I thought about it but couldn't quite see how when i did that last bunch of 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

The first photo (of the 'wildflower meadow') is quite nice. Perhaps it needs a bit of cropping -- the photo, that is, not the grass.

I appreciate you're making quite a different point with the other two pix, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Grim stuff.

• Advertisement

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    The first photo (of the 'wildflower meadow') is quite nice. Perhaps it needs a bit of cropping -- the photo, that is, not the grass.

I appreciate you're making quite a different point with the other two pix, though.

I do like the long grass, even in that photo behind the goal nets. 354554.jpgThink that's only an oversight that it's been left but do like it being there.
    They cut the rest of the area with a tractor so obviously couldn't do that bit the same way.

The uprooted tree 354555.jpgwas just in the folder where I'd sent the resized images. It dates back a couple of months but seems to be a prevailing trend in the area. People keep uprooting or otherwise damaging plants locally. That shot was taken after coming out of the Africa Day celebration in the school

GIAF Big Top Arial view from Corrib End

8bdd866a47.jpg

GIAF Skywhale over Galway

e9292dc507.jpg

GIAF Skywhale over Longwalk - Claddagh Galway

c16f85cfa0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sonandheir

great pics gadgetman. Were you up in a chopper or small plane? First one of big top and the bay in photo is a real gem

sonandheir wrote: »
    great pics gadgetman. Were you up in a chopper or small plane? First one of big top and the bay in photo is a real gem

I didn't take it sonandheir but it was such a class shot I had to post it.

GIAF used a drone last year for some cool video clips, maybe they were using that this year too? or I wonder if it might have been shot from the Skywhale at some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭dinneenp

20011078816_be0ee780d2_z.jpg

20029490552_bfa06d4208_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Amik

Some nice shots competing in the Connacht Tribune's Galway 2020 Summer Photo Competition. You can vote on the right side:

http://connachttribune.ie/2020photo/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Pearse Stadium exterior, Rockbarton Road, in autumn sunshine.

367618.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Before I die...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Paddico

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Pearse Stadium exterior, Rockbarton Road, in autumn sunshine.

367618.jpg

Sweet jeebus .. better looking stadiums in Sudan from the outside

Nice picture though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭dinneenp

21501472962_d7131ae463_c.jpg
    hang_on
    by Patrick Dinneen, on Flickr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Were the wooden locks removed or did all the recent rainfall overwhelm them and wash them away?
    CWmtnLwXIAA3j0Y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭what_traffic

snubbleste wrote: »
    Were the wooden locks removed or did all the recent rainfall overwhelm them and wash them away?

Removed by the Council/Waterways Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Considering they were never to be used again, I rather like the replacement...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Treadhead wrote: »
    Considering they were never to be used again, I rather like the replacement...
    If I'm kayaking along there..claim waiting to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Removed by council, WI have nothing to do with Corrib system.

They'll be replaced. The price is staggering compared to similar projects, questions have been asked as to why so expensive.

They'll never be used against but the powers that be insist on installing new lock gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

snubbleste wrote: »
    If I'm kayaking along there..claim waiting to happen

Signs been there for months stating no watersports. What kind if an idiot would kayak so close to there in the first place? Or are you just trying to increase premiums for the rest of so you can line your pockets? This claim culture we've gained in recent years makes me sick

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Signs been there for months stating no watersports. What kind if an idiot would kayak so close to there in the first place? Or are you just trying to increase premiums for the rest of so you can line your pockets? This claim culture we've gained in recent years makes me sick

Shows the compo mentality of some people if that's the first thing that springs to their mind, almost as if they are scouting for an "accident"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Sixteen'ish years ago or thereabout................

300vayq.jpg

Advertisement