Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kim Jong il RIP thread.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I think Kim Jon Il gets a pretty hard time of it in the media.... I mean, if the people of North Korea kept voting for him, then he can't have been all that bad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I think Kim Jon Il gets a pretty hard time of it in the media.... I mean, if the people of North Korea kept voting for him, then he can't have been all that bad.

True, think of all the candidates they could have voted for, but didnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Ronery in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Put it this way, if you hear your neighbors always being overly strict with their kids, do you go in and threaten them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Rot In Piss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

His son seems to like Nuclear weapons...well...enough said :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Put it this way, if you hear your neighbors always being overly strict with their kids, do you go in and threaten them.
    If my neighbour's beat or kill their children and also waged numerous attacks on their neighbours. (This being South Korea), I'd being bloody well threatening them. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Lars1916 wrote: »
    His son seems to like Nuclear weapons...well...enough said :(

So do .... ... Israel....enough said :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It didn't bother them enough either to remove his regime. I'm not saying he was perfect, he wasn't. He probably was even a dickhead but I don't believe the hype the western media spin on it. People won't stand for someone like that for too long. They will eventually remove them.

You are taking the piss right. He had his people so run down and controlled that they can't stand up against the leadership. All the money went into military hardware will millions starved and were worked to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Kim Jong-Il, we hardly knew ye.

Rot in Hell, m0f0.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

What will it say on Kim Jung's tombstone ?

'I told you I was il!!'

[shamelessly stolen from Spike Milligan]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

It didn't bother them enough either to remove his regime. I'm not saying he was perfect, he wasn't. He probably was even a dickhead but I don't believe the hype the western media spin on it. People won't stand for someone like that for too long. They will eventually remove them.
    :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Goodnight sweet ronery prince.

I think that has all the unoriginal quips covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Christmas just won't be the same for his family ........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

tuxy wrote: »
    So do .... ... Israel....enough said :(

You're right there, but if somebody from Germany (me) mentions anything negative about Israel, there's always the chance to get into trouble

I don't have much of an opinion about North Korea, I really don't care what they do. Just other countries should be looking after themselves and stop interfering with the rest of the world. Why is that so shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

No, but if i became aware that the kids were being starved, and the one's who spoke out about the starvation were being murdered and buried in the back garden then yes, i would intervene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I don't have much of an opinion about North Korea, I really don't care what they do. Just other countries should be looking after themselves and stop interfering with the rest of the world. Why is that so shocking.

North Korea is well known for making threats against the rest of the world including their neighbours. For example in World War 2, when Germany invaded Poland, the rest of the world felt the need to intervene. Would you have preferred that if they hadn't intervened?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭justified

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/newsnight/8720870.stm

if anyone was looking for any justification for disliking the regime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Aw ro! Not Kim Jong Ril. :(

Apparently he had a huge collection of basketball games on vhs. I wonder what will happen to them now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Dotrel wrote: »
    Aw ro! Not Kim Jong Ril. :(

Apparently he had a huge collection of basketball games on vhs. I wonder what will happen to them now.

They have VHS in North Korea now?....:)

Corkfeen wrote: »
    North Korea is well known for making threats against the rest of the world including their neighbours. For example in World War 2, when Germany invaded Poland, the rest of the world felt the need to intervene. Would you have preferred that if they hadn't intervened?:confused:
    You make a good point. Don't get me started about the WWII. If people are calling me a troll in this thread already there's no hope for me going down that route. Yes Hitler was a bad man, evil - no.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

There would be a lot more peace in the world without USA.

Yep. The World was a picture of heavenly peace before the US was founded.

Yep. The World was a picture of heavenly peace before the US was founded.
    My comment is a fact not an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The old adage rings true.
    Never anger a bard, for your name sounds funny and scans to many popular songs.

We already have a thread on this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement