Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gone but not forgotten

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

That's very saab.

Sorry...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I thought some chineese crowd bought it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

MidlandsM wrote: »

No they were stringing them along like they did with Rover. Expect them to sell Saab to them for peanuts now

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

wahoo bought one last month, aren't I a happy bunny

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Yawlboy wrote: »
    wahoo bought one last month, aren't I a happy bunny

Unless it's brand new I can't imagine the value will be effected much.

If I'm wrong, I'm gonna buy me a nice 93 :L

• Advertisement

johnos1984 wrote: »
    No they were stringing them along like they did with Rover. Expect them to sell Saab to them for peanuts now

Business is business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Bigus

GM objected didn't want the Chinese to get their hands on the intellectual property. !!!!!!!

Bigus wrote: »

GM objected didn't want the Chinese to get their hands on the intellectual property. !!!!!!!
    Which is rather ironic given that the same crowd builds gm cars and vag cars in china

RoverJames wrote: »

Business is business.
    Which is why I'll be Putting my back side in a 93 in the future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Unless it's brand new I can't imagine the value will be effected much.

If I'm wrong, I'm gonna buy me a nice 93 :L

My sister bought a 06 93, full leather etc for €3000 a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

:eek:

Sorry...

What!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

An '06? Come on, even Alfas don't depreciate that badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

wow and I was happy with my 07 9-5 Auto for €6500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Confab wrote: »
    An '06? Come on, even Alfas don't depreciate that badly.

Yup. It has 152k miles though! But has a service history and is very clean. Not the nicest of colours though....that light blue/green colour.

Edit.....just asked her the year again and its '05 not '06 but still good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

All this talk of value for money.

The interior of any saab ive ever sat in makes me want to kill myself.

That dash is a horror show of epic proportions.

When I worked at parking cars back in 00 the interior of the 9 5 impressed me hugely, from what I can see it hasn't changed much over the 12 years.

When I worked at parking cars back in 00 the interior of the 9 5 impressed me hugely, from what I can see it hasn't changed much over the 12 years.
    It hasn't changed a great deal since the 900 turbo of the 80's to me. Same layout and design

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

The real Saab has been gone for years. This is just the final nail in the coffin of a company trading under its name.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

It hasn't changed a great deal since the 900 turbo of the 80's to me. Same layout and design

9000 wasn't it
    (loved my 9000 and i'm another person keeping an eye on used values)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

There's also two 2012 95s on Carzone. Does this make them (and other new-ish models) without warranty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Although the exterior of the 93 (02-08) are nice the interior until 2007 was absolutely horrible. They got a good facelift in 2006/2007 which improved it ten fold. If i was to buy one itd have to be the facelift. Although theres a nice 2.0t aero convertible on donedeal

tuborg_man wrote: »

9000 wasn't it
    (loved my 9000 and i'm another person keeping an eye on used values)
    Yes the Alfa/fiat/lancia JV

@epm I imagine it leaves without a manufacturers warranty but the dealership may offer something. Still where will you get parts for a new 95 in years to come, especially a rhd model

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

EPM wrote: »
    There's also two 2012 95s on Carzone. Does this make them (and other new-ish models) without warranty?

Possibly, but according to the Swedes
    At the Swedish Saab dealership association, however, they believe that the bankruptcy notice won't make a huge change for dealers or Saab-owners.

”Saab owners today have no reason to worry. They are our customers and we will continue to make sure that they are happy, both in the car they are currently driving and when buying something new,” said CEO Peter Hallberg.

”We haven't been selling cars recently so there is no difference there. Instead we hope and believe that the supply of spare parts will be better after the bankruptcy, as some of the suppliers have been holding the auto parts company hostage and perhaps not been delivering the way they should,” he continued.

According to Hallberg, the recent developments did not come as a complete surprise and they are feeling secure with the guarantees and the spare parts they have.

Parts availability and a warranty are different though

@epm I imagine it leaves without a manufacturers warranty but the dealership may offer something. Still where will you get parts for a new 95 in years to come, especially a rhd model

You did ask about parts :)

You did ask about parts :)
    Half asleep here sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 65,085 ✭✭✭✭unkel

A Swedish bankruptcy is a legal formality, a company can apply for bankruptcy itself (as Saab did) and the company could still survive provided someone will buy it

I spotted an 11 reg 95 in Dublin an hour ago

I'd say the driver won't be too happy when he meets Mr. Depreciation

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

unkel wrote: »
    A Swedish bankruptcy is a legal formality, a company can apply for bankruptcy itself (as Saab did) and the company could still survive provided someone will buy it

Here is me hoping it will pull back from the precipice.

I blame GM entirely for the mess there in now. An absolute shame for the motor industry if it goes not least for the factory workers in Trollhattan :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,085 ✭✭✭✭unkel

BX 19 wrote: »
    Here is me hoping it will pull back from the precipice.

I blame GM entirely for the mess there in now. An absolute shame for the motor industry if it goes not least for the factory workers in Trollhattan :(

+1 to that. GM are just acting the bollix now standing in the way of any survival route :(
    I spotted an 11 reg 95 in Dublin an hour ago

I'd say the driver won't be too happy when he meets Mr. Depreciation

C'mon. Anybody buying a new 9-5 knew what they were in for. They knew they were paying a lot of money for a car that is far from best in class. Nothing new there anyway. It has been like that for well over 20 years...

A new Saab buyer doesn't care all that much about depreciation and has never done so...

Advertisement