Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ways to keep warm

Options
  • 18-12-2011 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

I dont think i can face another cold day.

Im in bed and hugging a hot water bottle. I have to get up and do some shopping, but im too cold. I have tried wearing a jacket, a hat, pants, socks and shoes when going outside but its not helping.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Your already in bed, so pics first.

Then I'll decide on advice on how to warm you up, which depending on the pics received may or may not involve my schlong being involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Im in bed and hugging a hot water bottle. I have to get up and do some shopping, but im too cold. I have tried wearing a jacket, a hat, pants, socks and shoes when going outside but its not helping.

As do most of us.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

mattjack wrote: »

As do most of us.

Get up and do some physical activity. Or get the ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Try a t shirt or two, and a jumper, under the jacket

you could try a second pair of socks too.

maybe put on some trousers aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Have you informed the UN about this impending global disaster?

Alternatively, set fire to yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

Wear a lash of clothes!

Or none, whatever suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

MarkR wrote: »
    Get up and do some physical activity. Or get the ride.

Physical activity for yourself so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Stick your address up here and I'll pop 'round to warm you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Exercise motherfúcker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

charcoal hand warmers. those are the tits. small enough to put one in each pocket, warm as a hot water bottle and stays hot for about 3 hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Vodka. Lots of straight vodka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I've learned in the last few minutes that vodka has a warming effect (according to the wikipedia page on alcohol.
    In cold climates, potent alcoholic beverages such as vodka are popularly seen as a way to “warm up” the body, possibly because alcohol is a quickly absorbed source of food energy and because it dilates peripheral blood vessels (peripherovascular dilation). This is a misconception because the “warmth” is actually caused by a transfer of heat from the body’s core to its extremities, where it is quickly lost to the environment. However, the perception alone may be welcomed when only comfort, rather than hypothermia, is a concern.

So - just stay in bed all day and drink lots of vodka, unless you are concerned about hypothermia, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

• Beg/Borrow/Steal 6 hot water bottles from your neighbours.
    • Fill with boiling water
    • Duct tape 1 each to your legs
    • Duct tape 1 each to your arms
    • Duct tape 1 to your back and 1 to your stomach

Et voila.... You might look like a retard, but at least you'll be a WARM retard!

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

just have a lie in. Sunday afterall :-) use an extra jumper and wear a wool hat. You lose most heat through your head so wear one of those russian hats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Stay in bed, shop online, win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Plenty work it works every time even on the coldest days. It isn't as cold as last year and you are in bed and still complaining of the cold. It isn't even that cold outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Stay in bed, shop online, win.

Did you leave out "do the lotto online" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Frag420, the next time you post that you'll get a ban.

Any questions can be asked in pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭gamgsam

Get some long jhns and a thermal vest. Wool socks. Now put wool socks over your normal socks, 2 t shirts, and a jumper or 2. Now any heat generated will be more likely to stick around a while.

Then the most important bit - EAT BREAKFAST. And lots of it.

I can't understand why some people accept being cold. This is a really easy way to stay toasty all day. Youll be happier and way more productive all day

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Its not that cold tbh.

Was much colder yesterday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

There's a Buddhist meditation technique that causes your body temperature to rise.

You should try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

OneArt wrote: »
    There's a Buddhist meditation technique that causes your body temperature to rise.

You should try it.

Is it called 'sex' by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

As a previous poster said, have some breakfast. Preferably a big bowl of porridge, plenty sugar. Then a scaldy mug of tea. Warm in no time:).
    Or alternatively, get pregnant:p. 50% more blood coursing through your veins would have you throwing off the duvet on the coldest of days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Its not that cold tbh.

Was much colder yesterday morning.

are you for real ???. I was up all night wearing 4 coats and two hats and i'm still freezing, well temp is getting a bit better, it's damn cold sleeping in this car i can tell you. the cigarette lighter connection for my laptop was froze over and i had to piss on it to warm it up so the laptop power adapter could connect. not that cold me arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

You won't warm up in bed wearing clothes! Take 'em off! In bed, obviously.

Activity! Go for a run. Do some press ups. Video yourself and post it so we can have a laugh.

And, finally, if you think this is cold move somewhere really cold, like central Siberia.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,593 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You lose most heat through your head so wear one of those russian hats

That is a myth. You lose it most from wherever isn't covered.

If you wore a hat but no trousers, would you be really warm? No, as you'd lose the heat through your legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Try eating a decent portion of calories. I,m always amazed at women eatimg low fat this and no calorie that and then can,t understand why they,re freezing the whole time or putting on the heating in summer. All thw layers of clothes dont matter a damn if yuor engine has no fuel in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

ahhh the warmest thinking place is under the sea...

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Thermals and plenty of layers ,i used work outdoors during the winter brrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Nothing a drop of tay wouldnt cure.

Advertisement