Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Folks without a hobby

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I know it well, so I do.

what is it you do with a computer?

Well, I like playing with Toonboom animation(but mostly just follow online animators), I know HTML some flash and photoshop, mess around with hardware etc so nothing special.
    But to be honest I mostly just like playing games, browsing sites, watching anime, and chatting in IRC. Might learn a bit more scripting, and maaaybe a programming language in the future but Im not that interested in it. Was thinking of continuing my studies in I.T but not sure if I want it as a career.

oh also, I incorporate a few of my hobbies with the pc. Like my interest in Aviation, and railway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I think I got a few hobbies.

I am pc gamer, spend alot of time playing with my friends.

I love pc hardware, biulding my own gaming rigs, looking in to newest technologies.

I am car enthusiast. Love cars and own some more interesting cars then "A to B" wagons. Unfortunatly with current economical climate this hobby is putten of road. For now...

My misses has no hobbies and I could see her going mad. All she had at free time: watch telly. I tried to get her interested in stuff that I do, but it did not worked :(. Still trying to get her interested in something, but she just goes "meh".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

I think I got a few hobbies.

I spend alot of time playing with my friends.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

:eek:

Eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Eh?

I'm strugglin' here bro, give me a break! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭suzzi

mawk wrote: »
    you should sign up for duolingo.
    learn for free and feel good about improving the world

i'll pass on that one mawk....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

The only thing worse than people without hobbies is people who have hobbies who think that because they have hobbies, that it automatically makes them more interesting or superior in some little way to those people who don't have hobbies.

So whats your hobby?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

Does growing insaneamountsofweed and shroomscount asa hobbycos I certianly did not spendany huge amounts of timeandexpense perfecting those, nosireee

My spacebar isnt working verywell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

bordsie wrote: »
    Some lads sit in their bedroom all day pulling themselves cross-eyed and call that a hobby. :rolleyes:

I think you will find that watching a lot of foreign films counts as a hobby:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ronano

I dunno had a few trying to get back into them

cinema
    podcast
    new music
    trying to read
    playing ps2 games
    trying different beers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

If it a dry day i will spend it either playing golf or tinkering with my car. But I don't really have any inside hobbies and with our crap weather i should really take up something i can do inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

drdeadlift wrote: »
    So whats your hobby?

I enjoy oil painting, photography, writing music & gardening.

Latest hobby is tabletennis... We bought a table and there's always people about for games. Great craic with beers and bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I collect fridge magnets, I have enough now to cover a small Beko fridge door. My life would be empty without a hobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Hmm, reading, film, cooking (espc preserves at the moment), theatre (when I have the money), bits of sewing and that.

Not sure if those are hobbies or just things I like to do. They're not activities I pursue with any great goal in mind (like getting my golf handicap down to single digits or becoming fluent in French or that).

I'm pretty lazy really. I think that's okay though. I reckon as long as you don't spend every minute of your free time watching cr&p on the telly you're probably doing okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

I write posts on boards in which I judge people. You wouldn't know anything about that I suppose though OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Is laziness a hobby ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I'm into photography. I did a course on developing black and white film a few months ago and bought myself the equipment to do that. Going to try and get into sports photography in the new year.

I play tabletop games, so boardgames and wargames and that. I also paint the models for the wargames.

I'm into beer (this is a recent interest.) So trying out all the different kinds of beer out there, from German Pilsners to Belgian Lambics to American IPAs. I'm thinking of having a go at brewing my own in the future.

I'm trying to get my friends into writing/building a sci-fi world with me. Just creating a website for it, and posting news for it. It'd be a blog and each day there would be a post that is from a news agency about new events and developments in that sci-fi universe. Had trouble getting people interested as they're all busy with work and college, but a few likely contributors have spoken up in the past week.

I'm a rugby fan as well. Just back from watching the Munster match in the pub.

All my hobbies are things I do with friends, apart from the photography and I am trying to get them into that. I don't like sitting around on my own, or not talking to people, but equally there's only so much sitting around with friends doing **** all you can do.

I wouldn't mind collecting something. But it'd have to be cheap as I'm already verging on broke with my other hobbies.

Advertisement