Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Folks without a hobby

Options
  • 17-12-2011 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭

How many of you have no hobby/interest in one area? There would be so much less in life without a hobby.Plenty of peoples sole enjoyment comes from going out on the piss with the girls or lads on a Saturday(fck that gets old fast).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Je suis learning to speak french -

After 5 years I think I've nearly got the hang of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭AstridBean

I haven't drank since the 3rd of December.

This fact is interesting to no-one but me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭7Sins

Oranage2 wrote: »

Je suis the same :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

what about going out on the piss and roiding around, is that a hobby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

leonidas83 wrote: »

no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭suzzi

tried the french (linguaphone - on cd - now obsolete), went back to the drink/matches......je suis "lush"....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I watch tele, I know I am fascinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

drdeadlift wrote: »
    How many of you have no hobby/interest in one area? There would be so much less in life without a hobby.Plenty of peoples sole enjoyment comes from going out on the piss with the girls or lads on a Saturday(fck that gets old fast).

I'm hoping to take up home brewing next year. Does being my own beer taster count as a hobby?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

Me too :D How am I doing?

:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

i collect beermats.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

matrim wrote: »
    I'm hoping to take up home brewing next year. Does being my own beer taster count as a hobby?

Dam right it does! On that subject i got talking to a lad who spent some time in the joy.He is fond of the drink so he could formulate a cider like drink from bread and apples.He said it tastes like cider but with the strength of wine they call it hoooch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

It was really really annoying me that I had no hobbies so I took up fire poi (spinning fire on chains). Tis great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Paulor94

Does gaming count?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Waxing the carrot is as good a pastime as any.;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

leonidas83 wrote: »

Do you ride a hobby horse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Bundberg

I used to collect stamps and coins but now just like to go bicycling, may it be a hobby? I think having a hobby is not mandatory to be a real human....

Aoifey! wrote: »
    It was really really annoying me that I had no hobbies so I took up fire poi (spinning fire on chains). Tis great craic.

This is to be my new hobby next year! Although I've no idea how to get started...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Starla_o0 wrote: »
    This is to be my new hobby next year! Although I've no idea how to get started...

I'd suggest start with getting good insurance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭bordsie

Some lads sit in their bedroom all day pulling themselves cross-eyed and call that a hobby. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

i collect beermats.....

I do too :o Ive thousands of them. I also collect foreign cigarette boxes :o

I get very animated when I find a new beer mat..all in their catagories in folders...*sigh*

• Advertisement

Ebay or homeofpoi and youtube videos. It's so addictive once you get going :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

drdeadlift wrote: »

Some people are like that its what they like...
    i how ever love to go smoke a big bong and knock on the ski :pac:

but i do have other interest love going out taking pictures :D

i really like to cook and i love walking and plenty off other stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Aoifey! wrote: »

You could combine it with drinking , take it to a new level.....drunken fire stuff .

mattjack wrote: »
    You could combine it with drinking , take it to a new level.....drunken fire stuff .

Actually I am drunk almost every time I do it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

I've always had loads of hobbies. I never thought much about them until last year when I did my post grad and literally did nothing except sleep, eat and do work for that post grad. When I finished I was left with nothing to do because I was after giving up EVERYTHING to do the work. It was a depressing realisation so now I'm getting them all back. I know loads of people who do nothing on their evenings and days off work except watch the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

A lighter?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Vous sucez.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

My hobbit is eating hobbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

when I don't have time for hobbies I wish I had all the time in the world for them, when I have time for them I don't partake in them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Does p*ssing around on Boards count?

Advertisement