Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pokemon game announced - Pokemon: Nobunaga’s Ambition.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Maybe I'm expecting too much length, since I'd be comparing it to other pokemon games/RPG's, but it seems really short.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Looked around town today, couldn't find it. Where is it stocked?

I got it from symths.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I've seen it in Smyths (specifically carrickmines) and HMV (specifically Liffey Valley). Remember it's a DS game, not a 3DS game, so if they have seperate shelves make sure you're looking on the right one!
    Also, remember that in europe it's Pokemon Conquest, not Nobunaga's Ambition. Make sure you're in the games section, not the adult section. That poor Lopunny....

In terms of length, it looks like there's a tonne of post-game missions that flesh out the plot (but you play them with appropriate link levels for that story). There's also a password system that I haven't unlocked yet (Only have 4 territories, with a further 3 awaiting a paddlin') that let's you encounter/link with otherwise unencounterable Pokemon.

I actually had a hard time finding it, the HMV I work in didn't have any, the gamestop and xtravision didn't have any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

I picked mine up in Smyths in Swords. HMV, Gamestop and Xtra-vision didn't have it in stock. I think I was expecting too much from it. It's an alright game, but there are better games of this type out there. Kinda wished I just kept my money.

Well, I got it anyway. Smyths had a few of them, but HMV and both Gamestops in town were sold out. And it was €5 cheaper in Smyths anyway :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I got mine in tesco for €32.99. I know, tesco having reasonably priced games! :eek:

I got mine in tesco for €32.99. I know, tesco having reasonably priced games! :eek:

30 euro in symths if you could get it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

cloud493 wrote: »
    30 euro in symths if you could get it :cool:

Mine was less again but I have a discount card, it came to €26.99

• Advertisement

Same :cool: that loyalty card pays for itself, I tell ya.

22457623.jpg

Me playing this game. On the fighting guys now.

Okay, to answer my own question about catching wild pokemon : for those who haven't taken the Fighting, Poison or Electric cities, that's where Pokemon Linking opens up - It's mentioned in the manual but not explained in great detail. For me it happened at the Electric town, but I don't know if that's just because it's the first one of the 3 I attacked. Never thought I'd be glad to have a Wooper aboard :)

Linking lets you walk up to a 'mon that isn't already owned and play a terrible tappy-tappy minigame to "link" with them. If you are successful the linked Pokemon disappears from the field. If you're not, you can try again and progress is picked up from where you left off, but it looks like hitting them either clears or reduces your link meter progress.

Different Warriors can link with different pokemon, though the gold-medal links seem to follow a type - A guy who you hired with a Grass pokemon will probably get the best links with other grass pokemon. Which sucks because you can't then have a high-link-level army that's ready for anything. Also means I can't find anyone with a decent link to the starly kicking around in the first kingdom, and I want one for my impending conquest of the fighting kingdom.

There are limits to how many linked pokemon a warrior can have, don't understand it just yet but I have one guy who topped out at 2, another who has 3 so far. Neither are the main character or his useless sidekick (though the possibility of multiple links means maybe you don't have to bring Jigglypuff to all the big parties?). Have also found 2 Gold Medal / 100% links so far which is nice...

Has anyone recruited one of the main Warlords in a battle yet? I tended to leave them till last which meant I never beat them in 4 turns or with a supereffective hit, but finally took one down satisfying all criteria (2 turns, finished with a supereffective critical) and he wasn't available for recruitment. Wasn't optimistic he'd sign up but was disappointed that his mentor figure from the pre-fight cutscene also pissed off into the wilderness with his much needed flier.

Edit : Never mind, Muneshiga and Ginchiyo from the Electric kingdom just showed up for a casual recruitment rumble after 2 months wandering the wilderness. To arms, brothers! It's Saint Crispin's day!

Bulbapedia has what pokemon is best with what warrior.

I'm using Electric chick with Luxray, although I was going to use Raichu with a random guy. And Psychic guy with Gallade, though it's kinda annoying that it can't use the Fighting type offensively. That Rock dude wanted in as well, but Rhyperior was just irritating. I'm also using some guy with a Charizard and another with Prinplup. And my Umbreon, because hells yeah.

Did anyone else ditch Jigglypuff? I linked Oishi with Rufflet instead, WAY better. Especially once I get Braviary.

I still barely know what's going on... Enjoying it though. 20 hours my ass :P

How do you swap what pokemon is with what warrior then?

You link em, then just select the other one on the Warrior screen.

And now I'm switching out Braviary, cos I linked her with an Eevee and Imma evolve it in the Ice place to give me a better chance against Nobunaga himself.

cloud493 wrote: »
    How do you swap what pokemon is with what warrior then?
    You have to play beyond a certain point to unlock Linking, you have to have the desired Warrior's pokemon beside the target, the target must be unlinked (ie. Has purplish cloud around it) and youneed a minimum link potential of "no medal" (with bronze, silver, gold being higher than none and big red x medal being the lower)

Different warriors can link with different numbers of Mon, and you can't change Mon mid battle. At least I don't think so.

I ditched the 'puff for a gavantula, myself.

We need a meetup, just to try out the link battle feature. I want to play against actual people :P

You know there's a totally rad pokemon meet up every tuesday :pac: and there was 3 of us playing this yesterday.

• Advertisement

I have meant to go to every single one, and have managed to sleep through every single one.

Depending on how my study goes for the next few days, I may go Tuesday. If I fail any of these exams I don't get my Masters, and I WANT that Masters...

Also, just got me that Glaceon :D Time to kick some Nobunaga ass...

Advertisement