Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pokemon game announced - Pokemon: Nobunaga’s Ambition.

Options
  • 17-12-2011 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

http://pokebeach.com/2011/12/jump-festa-reveals-new-ds-pokemon-game-poekmon-nobunagas-ambition

Nobunaga’s Ambition is actually a RPG that is on multiple gaming platforms in Japan – according to Wikipedia, “Nobunaga’s Ambition is a series of turn-based grand strategy role-playing simulation video games, first released in 1983 by the Japanese video game developer Koei. Nobunaga’s Ambition takes place during the Sengoku period of feudal Japan. As the title suggests, the player is tasked with achieving the ultimate goal of warlord Oda Nobunaga: the conquest and unification of Japan. Selecting Oda Nobunaga is optional, however, as the player is also able to choose from a variety of other regional daimyos of the time.”
    Obviously, this new DS game will use the above premise but with a Pokemon theme. It seems that it will be a Pokemon game that takes place in the past with ancient Pokemon Trainers, as you can see in the official game artwork below. The male and female players will start out with Eevee – they are the boy and girl in the pictures below. The names of the “bushou,” or military soldiers, are Oichi (the girl with the Jigglypuff), Mitsuhide (Articuno), Shingen (Groudon), and Kenshin (Mewtwo). As was already obvious, Nobunaga is the man with Zekrom. The official website promises that more bushou will be revealed in January. The region the game will take place in is called “Ranse.”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

I don't know much about Nobunaga’s Ambition but a Pokemon Tactics, type of game has great potential. I like the look of the gameplay screenshots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I think there's a lot of potential in it :) I hope its not just a nobunga game with lame pokemon stuff in it like.

This is coming to Europe, not much of a surprise mind :pac:

Serebii are now doing full coverage of this
    Our friend Coronis has received his copy of the new game Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition and has started to feed us information about the game. Over the next few days, we will uncover and detail every part of the game as we discover all the aspects within including Pokémon, areas, the special episodes and more. To start us off, Coronis has given some simple bits of information from his first couple of hours of playthough
    There are around 199 Pokémon and 200 different Bushous (essentially trainers) to encounter and befriend within the game
    There is a Pokédex style system which registers each of these Pokémon and Bushou.
    Once you claim the city, the areas within it open up for you to find the Pokémon and Bushou
    Passwords are locked until you have defeated the area
    Each city has the ability of having up to six Bushou assigned to it. These can be changed at will
    The amount of Bushou and Pokémon you can befriend depends upon how many cities of which you are in control
    Each Pokémon can only have one possible move rather than a selection. Abilities make a return within the game with similar effects to the main games
    Edit: We also have a list of the first 10 area names and will be creating Area pages shortly
    Hajime Nation - (Hajime Nation) - ハジメ
    Flame Nation - (Kaen Nation) - カエン
    Fist Nation - (Kobushi Nation) - コブシ
    Earth Nation - (Daichi Nation) - ダイチ
    Plant Nation - (Aoba Nation) - アオバ
    Spring Nation - (Izumi Nation) - イズミ
    Pupa Nation - (Sanagi Nation) - サナギ
    Tram Nation - (Shiden Nation) - シデン
    Wing Nation - (Tsubasa Nation) - ツバサ
    Dragon Nation - (Ryu Nation) - リュウ
    Gem Nation - (Gem Nation) - ゲンム
    Pointy Rock Nation - (Kigan Nation) - キガン
    Poison Fang Nation - (Dokuga Nation) - ドクガ
    Shadow Nation - (Yasha Nation) - ヤシャ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 120percentDash

It's been confirmed for an English release as Pokemon Conquest, but unfortunately there isn't a European release date yet http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_%2B_Nobunaga%27s_Ambition_localization_confirmed

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed we will get it too. Having the game translated into English may help get it over here.

Pokemon Conquest will be released in Europe on July 27th. Fantastic news!

http://www.pokemon.com/uk/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-conquest/

Only a month between the US and UK release dates :D

This out for us to buy today(In Ireland I mean) :D:D

I've just bought it, but my DS is out of power so need to charge up before I can play it. Really looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ooooooh might just swing by Smyths at lunch for this.

Wobbuffet wrote: »
    I've just bought it, but my DS is out of power so need to charge up before I can play it. Really looking forward to it.

How much did you get it for? Not sure of any prices for it right now.

Smyths have it for 29.99 - 10% with the loyalty card. I got it for 6.99 + a €5 off a game token + Sonic Generations. About to attack my first kingdom.... It reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics and Hoshigami on the DS but they don't seem to give you a bonus for positioning before you attack, which is a shame.

Banjo wrote: »
    Smyths have it for 29.99 - 10% with the loyalty card. I got it for 6.99 + a €5 off a game token + Sonic Generations. About to attack my first kingdom.... It reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics and Hoshigami on the DS but they don't seem to give you a bonus for positioning before you attack, which is a shame.

So.... 27 euro with the loyalty? :D:D Is it easier than final fantasy tactics? All I remember of it is how brutally difficult it is.

Well, your opening battle is pathetically one-sided in your favour, after which you're hailed as the chosen one as per all Pokemon games. Training battles - equivalent to wandering in wild grass - are similarly easy. The first kingdom battle - well maybe I'm not that good at this but it came down to the wire. I just scraped it. Interestingly
    there's a random factor at play
    that took out my team mate quite early on - it's a
    fire based
    arena, and after a couple of turns
    the volcano erupts and randomly rains rock down on certain squares.
    Didn't pay enough attention so I may have
    left her sitting on an affected square. Or maybe the squares it hits are random. Or maybe it's scripted, it took her out when I took out the Tepig. And come to think of it, it also took out the enemy Bidoof. So a deliberate act-of-Prog?
    I was too busy lusting for the blood of that little bollix chimchar to notice.

Worth noting, it says "X Turns left" at the start of each battle so presumably you can lose if you aren't quick. Also, there are presents on some of the maps in awkward places, don't know what's in them but you may want to hold off punching the local wildlife until you've picked them up.

Edit : Also, there's a Pokemon B/W 2 slip in the pack, including an ad for Pokemon Typing Adventure, a 3DS game that comes with a keyboard, and it looks like hte Pokemon equivalent of Typing of the Dead. How learning to type Zoroa really quickly will translate into a real world skill I've yet to fathom, but interesting if we can map other controls to the keyboard, eg playing an FPS with WASD key setup and stylus mouse control :)
    It looks like your 'mon can only bring one move into battle. Which sucks.

I don't remember FF Tactics being that needlessly cruel. You just had to take your time and try to keep your back from becoming exposed to high-damage hits by using cliffs and other fighters. I'm thinking of the 2nd one though (A2 or Dark Grimoire or something) Ages since I played the first one.

I've only Played the PSP one. Stupidly difficult :P

I got it for €34.99 in Gamestop.

I've played the first few levels so am really just in the training stages of the game.

I'm a bit confused about how the recruiting works. I switched some Grass types into my main warriors when I recruited them but I seem to have lost the Fire types I took out of my main group.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

I'm just home from the shops. Totally forgot this was out this month. Its after lashing rain so think I'll have to wait till next week to maybe get it. I'm only after getting Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance so funds will be another issue :rolleyes:

This is what I get for letting my bro talk me into getting Kingdom Hearts...

Got it today, symths loyalty card pays for itself :cool:

Banjo wrote: »
    Well, your opening battle is pathetically one-sided in your favour, after which you're hailed as the chosen one as per all Pokemon games. Training battles - equivalent to wandering in wild grass - are similarly easy. The first kingdom battle - well maybe I'm not that good at this but it came down to the wire. I just scraped it. Interestingly
    there's a random factor at play
    that took out my team mate quite early on - it's a
    fire based
    arena, and after a couple of turns
    the volcano erupts and randomly rains rock down on certain squares.
    Didn't pay enough attention so I may have
    left her sitting on an affected square. Or maybe the squares it hits are random. Or maybe it's scripted, it took her out when I took out the Tepig. And come to think of it, it also took out the enemy Bidoof. So a deliberate act-of-Prog?
    I was too busy lusting for the blood of that little bollix chimchar to notice.

Worth noting, it says "X Turns left" at the start of each battle so presumably you can lose if you aren't quick. Also, there are presents on some of the maps in awkward places, don't know what's in them but you may want to hold off punching the local wildlife until you've picked them up.

Edit : Also, there's a Pokemon B/W 2 slip in the pack, including an ad for Pokemon Typing Adventure, a 3DS game that comes with a keyboard, and it looks like hte Pokemon equivalent of Typing of the Dead. How learning to type Zoroa really quickly will translate into a real world skill I've yet to fathom, but interesting if we can map other controls to the keyboard, eg playing an FPS with WASD key setup and stylus mouse control :)
    It looks like your 'mon can only bring one move into battle. Which sucks.

I don't remember FF Tactics being that needlessly cruel. You just had to take your time and try to keep your back from becoming exposed to high-damage hits by using cliffs and other fighters. I'm thinking of the 2nd one though (A2 or Dark Grimoire or something) Ages since I played the first one.
    I totally got that too. Jigglypuff was knocked out, I kept having to move eevee around to attack chimchar, and he was using ember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

So I'm going to town Monday. Is it worth getting?

Yeah, my guys charmander and the other guys mareep evolved :cool:

I've conquered 13 kingdoms so far and have them full with as many different Pokemon as I can. Really enjoying the game. I like how you switch Pokémon into your main battle team just by switching them on the map and getting them levelled up when you're not.

However I really hate how you are forced to bring Jigglypuff into every major battle. Eevee isn't too bad but having Eevee and Jigglypuff take two slots out of six against a team of Ghost or Rock Pokémon is frustrating.

Jigglypuff's kinda handy though, for the healing ability.

Agreed, Jigglypuff is great at the start of the game but it is less useful the stronger you get.

didn't get to play much over the weekend. Am I right in saying that you can't go out and catch a pool of pokemon, you have to release your current one to take another one on? The manual is a little vague on this and I can't get the "link" thing to appear, presume it's locked out till later? (I've only taken 2 kingdoms so far)

Edit : from what I have played though the battle system should be adopted and refined in future main-line Pokemon titles. It feels more like a "real" pokemon battle in the way you can use the landscape to your advantage and try to capitalise on your opponent's weaknesses. If they just allowed you to bring 4 moves per 'mon into the battle....

Edit again : After fighting off 2 pokebastards I've changed my mind :) A Bidoof and Zubat almost took out my guy's Darumaka by getting either side of him in a narrow corridor and pummeling away (he needs a 2 square run up to attack). Luckily I'd already burned the Bidoof (the evil flincherizing swine!) or he'd be dead. Actually, if they lose a battle do they die/"go away off somewhere"?

If your kingdoms are full, then you have to release someone else to recruit a new one. If your main army already has 6 pokemon, you can send them to other kingdoms.

That's warriors, not Pokemon!
    That's what worries me about this game, it's teaching japanese kids to value human life at the same level as pokemon life, and since pokemon don't exist they will inevitably grow up to be serial killing sociopaths.

Pokemon sounds better :pac: I loved the callback ‎'Hey did you know, in other regions, people keep Pokemon in something called poke balls, and use them to battle. Crazy right?'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just picked up conquest today so will be getting stuck into it after I finish white 2! I'm not really a big fan on the spin off/side games but it's been getting good reviews so figure it's worth a shot.

Advertisement