Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing the best digital camera for wrestling events?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭mikey13

Rud3Bwoy wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-COOLPIX-S9100-Wide-Angle-Black/dp/B004M8SVFM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1324081796&sr=8-3

they might have a newer one to this but trust me this camera is very very very good,my sister has it and i love it going to get it soon as well either this or if they have a updated one

i would buy this for wrestling events

its compact

the zoom is crazy,i can zoom all the way down the end of my block and get a clear shots.hd recordings are nice as well.

this would have no issues in any wwe event

Has this one got a detatchable lense? Also is a camera with a detatchable lense and absolute no no.. Ive got a camers that looks just like it think its a nikon 1 and the detatchable lense in about 1.5inches big

Heres a link.. im worried its definatly too big http://www.parkcameras.com/24372/Nikon-1-J2---10-30mm-Kit---White.html?referrer=Froogle&gclid=CNCW39Dw8bUCFRDKtAodwHcAQg

Come on guys a week to go can someone help me with the camera problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

mikey13 wrote: »
    Come on guys a week to go can someone help me with the camera problem?

I and a few others have given you a few suggestions...

I and a few others have given you a few suggestions...

Ive seen the suggestions but sadly i didnt have much choice in the camera that was got for ur to take (my mother in law has borrowed one off her partner for us) but looking back through the thread its no good i just wanted that clarifying because if theres even a slight chance il get stopped with it il leave it at home

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭kwillcox

i went to WM 26 with a DSLR camera and no one even looked at my camera. It all depends on the security. When there is 80,000 people trying to get in most of the security is just concerned with checking bags (women's) and scanning tickets.

It all comes down to the security really, each venue is different. I would try and maybe put it under a jumper when walking in, once you are in the venue it is unlikely you will get pulled up from there unless your taking video and making it so obvious... but i didn't say that.

• Advertisement

I think we decided to just take a bog standard camera that ive used at the last few tapings over here its more than enough for axxess but i doubt even a good camera would get great shots of the ring from all the way back in silverpackage seats

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭kwillcox

you can bring Still-photography cameras with a lens that is 6" or less in length

^ that is what it has on wwe.com under the frequently asked questions

On the WWE website it says that cameras with detachable lenses are prohibited. Confirms what we already knew :)

Advertisement