Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing the best digital camera for wrestling events?

Options
  • 16-12-2011 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

During the next few months I'll be looking to buy a new digital camera to bring to the US for my Wrestlemania trip. The camera I've got at the moment obviously isn't suited to wrestling. Even when I'm sitting front row at indy shows, it still takes dark and blurry/grainy photos.

The technical jargon used in product descriptions is all Greek to me. What sort of specifications should I be looking for to make sure I get a camera that has a good zoom and takes good action photos in low light?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Escarx85

You want a point and shoot right?

Wrestling events are already difficult to shoot for a professional with the right equipment, so don't expect anything too impressive.

Look for a good zoom, high ISO sensitivity with little noise.

What is the camera policy at Axxes? I'm going to bring my Canon Rebel to the trip, I know DSLRs are a no-no at WM and Raw, but what about Axxes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 RedWhiteBlack

Yeah I'm after a point and shoot.

What is considered a good zoom? The crappy camera I'm using at the moment is 3x optical zoom, so I'm guessing it needs to be much better than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Rud3Bwoy

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-COOLPIX-S9100-Wide-Angle-Black/dp/B004M8SVFM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1324081796&sr=8-3

they might have a newer one to this but trust me this camera is very very very good,my sister has it and i love it going to get it soon as well either this or if they have a updated one

i would buy this for wrestling events

its compact

the zoom is crazy,i can zoom all the way down the end of my block and get a clear shots.hd recordings are nice as well.

this would have no issues in any wwe event

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Was thinking the same thing for wrestlemania... It's a big deal so I'm looking for a decent camera too. The lighting at WWE events does be a problem.

ciano316 wrote: »
    Was thinking the same thing for wrestlemania... It's a big deal so I'm looking for a decent camera too. The lighting at WWE events does be a problem.

The above is perfect, 12 x zoom is more than enough for wwe Events u might not even use the full zoom

And quality is top notch video and picture

• Advertisement

Rud3Bwoy wrote: »
    The above is perfect, 12 x zoom is more than enough for wwe Events u might not even use the full zoom

What about its quality with lighting at WWE events???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tippboi

sony nex5 14mp digital slr camera.. have mine a month and its great! easy 2 use as well!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-NEX5KB-Compact-System-Camera/dp/B003OUX6TA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324086943&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭RKJ_force

mine is this you think is good for a wwe event like mania??? I think is pretty good 2 years ago that cost me 370$ so I hope i made the right decision

Rud3Bwoy wrote: »

What about its quality with lighting at WWE events???

Won't be a issue I used this in the dark and the flash is really good also mania is out doors this will take good pics and vids for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Simon Only

I just bought a fantastic new camera with wrestling events in mind!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-FinePix-F600EXR-Digital-Camera/dp/B005FLVGAC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325606765&sr=8-1

This has excellent zoom, anti-blur, great settings for all occasions!

And it's a great price at the moment.

• Advertisement

They won't let you in with anything that size I'm pretty sure.

Otherwise I would be taking my Canon 450 DSLR!

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

I seen people with them sort of camera's at last years Wrestlemania :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Escarx85

I seen people with them sort of camera's at last years Wrestlemania :)
    From what I understand, it's up to interpretation what kind of camera looks "professional". Some people get into trouble bringing a point and shoot with a big lens, while other are able to pass an EOS 1D and a big telephoto with no problem. Better stay in the safe side, considering the travel distance to the downtown hotel is considerable.

I checked last year Axxess policy, "professional cameras" are not allowed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Gambino Capo

Stay away from these two words and you'll have no problems...

"detachable lense"

At last years HoF I was initially taken to security for them to hold my camera because it looked too big/professional. Once I got there the lady looks it over and said as long as I didn't have a detachable lense I was fine.

Anybody got anymore ideas??

What do you think about an iPhone 4s for taking pictures and a few sly videos??

Anybody got anymore ideas??

What do you think about an iPhone 4s for taking pictures and a few sly videos??

I have a 4S and while the camera is a VAST improvement on previous models it still kinda sucks compared to a dedicated camera.

You might be good for some video I guess, but I would suggest photos will come out blurry due to the action, you need a camera with a fast lens to capture good shots tbh.

I took a load of photos at the recent Impact Wembley taping on my Fuji, see what you think...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simononly/sets/72157629086642239/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Simon Only wrote: »
    I have a 4S and while the camera is a VAST improvement on previous models it still kinda sucks compared to a dedicated camera.

You might be good for some video I guess, but I would suggest photos will come out blurry due to the action, you need a camera with a fast lens to capture good shots tbh.

I took a load of photos at the recent Impact Wembley taping on my Fuji, see what you think...

I've got the same Fuji camera as Simon Only and its great. Whilst I havent used it as a wrestling event yet, the pictures and videos I took at a recent concert turned out great.

Watch em in 1080

I was surprised at the audio quality considering I was about a meter away from a giant speaker, I imagine wrestling ones would be fine too with better lighting and no loud speakers in your face.

Just got myself this camera today.. it isn't that big tbh just the right size & would have no problem bringing it to Miami :)

Simon Only wrote: »

What fuji camera is it??

• Advertisement

What fuji camera is it??

F600 EXR

Gonna bring this thread up again..

Anybody know photography??

I'm looking for a good camera to take photos at the events of WrestleMania for a good price.

has the iphone 5 a good camera for the events? or should I bring my digital cam?

RKJ_force wrote: »
    has the iphone 5 a good camera for the events? or should I bring my digital cam?

I used my 4s for everything last year. I was ringside for Mania and the images were decent but im in the risers behind ringside this year so want a good camera with a decent zoom.

iPhone 5 is good for Axxess and anything close up it's just for things at a distance.

thx a lot!!!!

im not goig this year but I wnat to gather as much info for my first time!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Julie la plus belle

Hey guys I am going to WM 29 and I am looking to buy a new camera. Any advice? I guess it would need a good zoom and stabilizor.. Do you have any advice??

Hey guys I am going to WM 29 and I am looking to buy a new camera. Any advice? I guess it would need a good zoom and stabilizor.. Do you have any advice??

Wondering the same thing?? Anybody out there??

I have the the Fujifilm FinePix S4200, I paid €169 for mine.

the picture quality is great and the zoom is also great.. it has a 18x zoom

here's a photo I took at the Raw House Show back in November gives you an idea on how the zoom and quality is.

okznzq.jpg

What type of camera is that man??

Got a link for it and how far back were ya there?

• Advertisement

What type of camera is that man??

Got a link for it and how far back were ya there?

It's what's known as a 'bridge' camera.

I bought mine in Hickeys Pharmacy and I've just seen they now have the 24x zoom but here's the link for you, and I was in Block A Row 20 pretty far back.

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/s/finepix_s4200/

Advertisement