Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What age to Muzzle

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

SoulRock wrote: »
    What happens if my Dog is attacked and cant defend its self? plus at 6 months he's still developing, especially mentally, ive known other dogs on Muzzles that totally change character once the muzzle is on.. and also the fact that people tend to give you a wide berth with a muzzled dog, thus the Dog sense's this and then this has a another Negative effect.. twice other Dogs have gone at my dog, both not on the RB list, luckily, being a responsible owner i had him on a short lead and was in full control of him, he didnt even retaliate, so whats Responsible ownership? obeying a ridiculous Law brought in by Politicians that Fecked up this country in so many other ways... Anyway statutes and acts can only be used if you consent to them, but thats a whole other thread.. may get him a cheep Muzzle when he gets a bit bigger and let it hang off his collar.. grudgingly :(

Reality is simply that this IS the law and that there are penalties for breaking it. Period.

Your negative attitude will of course affect how your dog reacts to the muzzle; as others have said, they start to associate it with walks as they do everything else. Mine go crazy as soon as I start to put the wellies on.

Responsible ownership is not doing anything to endanger your dog. Great that you have such wonderful control over him ... But still endangering him if you don't muzzle in public.

Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

SoulRock wrote: »
    What happens if my Dog is attacked and cant defend its self? plus at 6 months he's still developing, especially mentally, ive known other dogs on Muzzles that totally change character once the muzzle is on.. and also the fact that people tend to give you a wide berth with a muzzled dog, thus the Dog sense's this and then this has a another Negative effect.. twice other Dogs have gone at my dog, both not on the RB list, luckily, being a responsible owner i had him on a short lead and was in full control of him, he didnt even retaliate, so whats Responsible ownership? obeying a ridiculous Law brought in by Politicians that Fecked up this country in so many other ways... Anyway statutes and acts can only be used if you consent to them, but thats a whole other thread.. may get him a cheep Muzzle when he gets a bit bigger and let it hang off his collar.. grudgingly :(

the one thing i would add is that I wish I had put muzzles on our guys when they were small to get them used to them. when they got older they were not happy with them on. One of ours sits in a huge sulk and wont budge for ages and the other would nearly flatten you trying to "scratch" off the muzzle:rolleyes:.
    I have never really had any bad reaction to my dogs even with the muzzles. I did just pick up nice black cage ones which blend in nicely with their muzzles and allow them to pant and drink. our old GSD ripped apart a nylon one before when a collie made him mad:eek:

Advertisement