Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast Food - Any Chains That Ireland Lacks and Needs?

Options
  • 15-12-2011 3:47am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As you all know, we are all a bit partial to fast food now and then. Whether its post boozing soakage, a quick bite at lunchtime or taking the kids somewhere to keep them quiet, fast food has been a big success in Ireland.:D

Indeed, this month marks the 40th anniversary of the first international fast food chain coming to Ireland when was KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) opened its doors in Phibsboro in December 1971. Maccy Ds followed in 1977, Burger King in 1981 and the rest, they say, is history...

But are our taste buds satisified? Are there any fast food chains that you've tried abroad that you'd just love to come to Emerald shores? Or do you think that we have more than enough already?

I myself would love to see IHOP (International House of Pancakes) and Wendy's open outlets here. Wendy's burgers are very tasty!:):pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

wendys is muck!

kyocheon chicken
    taco bell

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wendy's is muck. Not exactly fast food but gimme Friendly's every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Needs?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Who the f*ck "needs" fast food?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The Cheesecake Factory

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Semi fast food........ Friendly's, Applebee's, Uno's and Denny's. Sit down affairs but you can be in and out in 20 mins. Having said that ..... how come nobody has come up with a Bacon 'n Cabbage Fajita?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Henry Dimbleby's healthy fast food from Leon.

Leon have a scattering of stores around London but I'm not sure if they're elsewhere yet, although I have seen their cookbook about Dublin.

Delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

KFC was the first of the big fast food chains to come to Ireland?!?!
    .. learn something new each day :) ... i honestly would of guessed McDonalds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Not fast food, but one of those Ben and Jerry's stores where they have all the different flavours would be cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

mackg wrote: »
    Not fast food, but one of those Ben and Jerry's stores where they have all the different flavours would be cool.

I still have nightmares of the day I realised Vanilla Caramel Fudge had been discontinued in Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

I CAN BE A FAST COOK:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Wok to Walk Wok to Go Moaz Falafel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

FunkZ wrote: »
    I still have nightmares of the day I realised Vanilla Caramel Fudge had been discontinued in Ireland!

I really want to try Cherry Garcia :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

retalivity wrote: »
    taco bell

/Shudder/I wish Nando's were more available through out Ireland there only in Dublin and Cork i believe(could be wrong though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I would love if there was a really good American Diner like one you'd see n the program Diners, Drive-ins & Dives.

A high quality fast food, BBQ, steaks, ribs etc with everything prepared from fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Wok to Walk Wok to Go Moaz Falafel

Yeah, I go to a Wok to Walk a couple of times a month. Also, in the States, I ate in a Wok and Roll.

Yes, I like Asian food (or at least, western versions of Asian food).

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Dennys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Taco Bell and Wendys.

I would go there everyday. I know I'd get fat but seriously have you seen the Baconator?

2 words: WORTH IT!

/Shudder/I wish Nando's were more available through out Ireland there only in Dublin and Cork i believe(could be wrong though)
    Not a fan of their food (there is no such thing as Portuguese food) but excellent advertising campaigns!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

retalivity wrote: »
    wendys is muck!

kyocheon chicken
    taco bell

Wendys is lovely. Chips are class!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Wendys have the square hamburgers and delicious relish on their burgers.

Actually, Wendys did open a restaurant in Dublin back in the 80s but it was badly located - along the Quays - and it closed after a year or so.

I would also like to see Arbys and In-N-Out Burger come to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I would love if there was a really good American Diner like one you'd see n the program Diners, Drive-ins & Dives.

A high quality fast food, BBQ, steaks, ribs etc with everything prepared from fresh.

That's money.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

later10 wrote: »
    Not a fan of their food (there is no such thing as Portuguese food) but excellent advertising campaigns!

What the fuck are Portugese people eating then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

mackg wrote: »

There is one in Waterford :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭yawha

Chipotle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shiroki

DAIRY QUEENNNNN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Taco Bell is class.

I had to laugh when I was living in the states the amount of stoners that you'd find in a Taco Bell after midnight every night, if you had one with a drive through near a city center here in Ireland it would be a gold mine. I did my research one day about getting a franchise but they were looking for over 2.5 million for one, too much money for any entrepreuerial mere mortal here. In the states though a lot of KFC and Taco Bells share the same restraunt space, maybe thats a way of bringing it in?

longshanks wrote: »
    What the fuck are Portugese people eating then?
    Mediterranean food and Asian food mainly...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Panda xpress

Outback steakhouse

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Outback is hardly fast food, though it is a chain.

Advertisement