Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Dell Laptop offer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

bazwaldo wrote: »
    This is available on dabs.ie and using IE10SAVE gets €10 off making it €343.41 delivered.

7SPF_50B2DBA3-0A4E-4D09-8117-D79AC07EE690_large.jpg

Is this a good laptop guys?
    Might buy this for the other half instead of a tablet . It will be used for general stuff, browsing, watching movies.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

iggy wrote: »
    Might buy this for the other half instead of a tablet . It will be used for general stuff, browsing, watching movies.
    Thanks
    It's good but your better off throwing an extra 40 euros for the Dell Inspiron in this thread :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Davy wrote: »
    No you cant when you receive a ban. If you cant be civil, please don't post!

This is the reason I no longer bother with boards....:(

The amout of thread spoiling that has gone unchecked and someone speaking sense gets this. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭dodzy

This is the reason I no longer bother with boards....:(

The amout of thread spoiling that has gone unchecked and someone speaking sense gets this. :confused:

In all honesty MC, you should stay around. You are a pretty knowledgeable member. I've seen your posts many times before.

Agreed on your last statement BTW; that said, my first thought was to tell MemeMee after his post to Shut the F** U* too:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

iggy wrote: »
    Thanks

Specs are much the same except the harddisk in the dell is 500gb versus the 320gb in the Fujitsu. I'd go for the one on dabs but they are both good buys whichever you choose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭mossy2390

there both not great really, old models, only alright processors, your better off spending a bit extra and getting a new i3 or i5 processors which are far better.
    also look at amazon or other uk sites there a good bit cheaper and better specs than whats available here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

mossy2390 wrote: »
    there both not great really, old models, only alright processors, your better off spending a bit extra and getting a new i3 or i5 processors which are far better.
    also look at amazon or other uk sites there a good bit cheaper and better specs than whats available here

Anything i3 or better would be at least 100 quid more even on a UK site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Anything i3 or better would be at least 100 quid more even on a UK site.

productimage.aspx?id=478095&quality=75&maxwidth=280&maxheight=280

Processor Intel® Core™ i3 Dual Core (370M, 3MB Cache, 2.4 GHz)
    Screen 15.6" (HP Anti-Glare, LED Backlit, 1366 x 768 HD 16:9 Screen)
    Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium Edition
    RAM 3GB
    Hard Drive 320GB
    Optical Drive DVD Rewriter (Records DVDs 8x & CDs 24x & Dual Layer Super Multi)
    Graphics Integrated (Intel® HD Graphics with up to 1274MB Shared Memory)
    Wireless LAN Wireless (802.11b/g/n Wireless)
    Network Card 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet
    Card Reader 2-in-1 card reader ( SD, MMC )
    USB Ports 3x USB 2.0 ports
    Speakers Integrated Sound System
    VGA Port 1 External VGA Port
    Kensington Lock Kensington lock slot
    Charge Time 2.5 Hours
    HDMI 1x HDMI Port
    Warranty HP 12 Month Warranty (Com610/615/HP550/2230s/6730s/ 6830s/6735s/Probooks4510/4515/4310/4710)
    Battery Life 2-3 Hours (up to 3 hours with power management)
    Weight 2-3 Kg (This Model 2.5 Kg)
    Accessories Included Includes FREE HP Carry Case

Was £479.99
    You Pay £389.98 (£324.98 ex VAT)
    Cashback -£75.00
    Final Price £314.98 (£262.48 ex VAT)

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/HP_630_1133841.html

http://www.hpcashback.com/uk/laptops/?all

Not bad at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

mossy2390 wrote: »

Horses for courses. You can always spend more but 99% of people looking for a cheap laptop will never encounter the the limitations on this laptop under normal use.

The P6200 is from the same family (but with hyperthreading and vt-x disabled) as most of the i3 and i5 processors within this sort of price bracket. The hm57 chipset in this (supports i3, i5, 17) is also in many of the alternative laptops in the price bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Are save on laptops ok to deal with? Any issues with buying from the UK and being resident in Ireland in relation to the cashback from HP?

Which is best the Dell or the HP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭MadamX

TOSHIBA Satellite C660D-1GD 15.6" Laptop

Bearing in mind I like dealing with a bricks and mortar shop as opposed to online, opinions on this would be appreciated: (Mods sorry if this is posted in the wrong place)

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/TOSHIBA-Satellite-C660D1GD-156andquot-Laptop/309029/1?utm_source=Homepage&utm_medium=HomepageNom&utm_campaign=TopOffer1

Item Code: 326292
    Dual-core AMD E-300 processor
    Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Memory: 4GB
    Hard drive: 640GB

Was€529.99
    Now€399.00
    Save€130.99
    Total Price:€399.00

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

I had reserved one of these and it came into stock today. Now after looking at the dell website I've realised you can the same laptop delivered without applying any coupons/discounts for €429 (that includes a €30 delivery charge). So the argos price is actually a €20 saving if you exclude the delivery charge. Then there is also a €50 casback for an old laptop trade in available. Not a bargain alert IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Apogee

donnacha wrote: »
    Then there is also a €50 casback for an old laptop trade in available.

Can you please clarify - is the €50 trade-in available on the Dell through Argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

direct on dells website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

I had reserved one of these and it came into stock today. Now after looking at the dell website I've realised you can the same laptop delivered without applying any coupons/discounts for €429 (that includes a €30 delivery charge). So the argos price is actually a €20 saving if you exclude the delivery charge. Then there is also a €50 casback for an old laptop trade in available. Not a bargain alert IMO.

Excluding delivery when comparing prices on bargain alerts is a bit of a joke

Argos is either
    a) €50 cheaper

or

b) 1 fully functional, less than 5 year old laptop (probably worth a lot more than €50) + packaging materials + packaging time + trip to the post office + the additional postage if the postage exceeds a certain amount cheaper

Sounds like a bargain alert to me especially considering the time of year and brick and mortar vs online.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭dodzy

I'm still scratchin my head over this post :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement