Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Borisss

leggo wrote: »
    I think the Knicks are probably most people's second favourite team at this stage, are they? What a regular season they're having. The bad news is that it looks like they're going to displace the 76ers for 7th and get Miami in the 1st round...but if there was ever a team to pull off a huge, fairytale upset...

Heat will steal the #1 seed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I think the Knicks are probably most people's second favourite team at this stage, are they? What a regular season they're having. The bad news is that it looks like they're going to displace the 76ers for 7th and get Miami in the 1st round...but if there was ever a team to pull off a huge, fairytale upset...
    Why?! Just cause of Lin?! I don't do bandwagons thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

kmart6 wrote: »

lins injured out for the season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Lin is injured for the rest of the season, so obviously I wasn't referring to him by posting that today. Their season has been a sensational up-and-down story, where they've gone from failing spectacular having recruited new 'star' players, to being near unbeatable with a nobody leading the line, to that nobody becoming fallible, then getting injured, and then they go on a decent run again based around the star who appeared to cause them to fall apart to begin with.

You don't need to jump on the bandwagon to see this. You just need to be able to see. Whether you like them or not is up to you, but that's still a great story.

Seriously...Lins out for the season?!...wouldn't have known that since I'm living in New York or anything! :rolleyes:

To me their season has been very meh....take away the Lin crap and it's extremely dull!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Seriously...Lins out for the season?!...wouldn't have known that since I'm living in New York or anything! :rolleyes:

To me their season has been very meh....take away the Lin crap and it's extremely dull!

In fairness your last post would suggest that you didn't know he was injured. (I am not trying to claim you did or didn't btw)
    I am not a Knicks fan but you gotta admit they are entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Anthony is playing out of this world at the moment, forcing those fans who want him to take less shots and pass off more to eat their words. Novak has been entertaining, leading the league in 3's made aswel.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Knicks @ Bulls tonight. Looking forward to it, hopefully the Bulls will be able to get the win here after losing by 1 in OT to them the other night.

Celtics up 10 on the Heat at the end of the first. Real playoff feel to it. Stream here if anyone's interested:

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/118209/1/watch-miami-heat-vs-boston-celtics.html

Knicks @ Bulls on after as well, so a great night of basketball. Really hope Derrick Rose plays but apparently it's looking unlikely.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Anthony is playing out of this world at the moment, forcing those fans who want him to take less shots and pass off more to eat their words. Novak has been entertaining, leading the league in 3's made aswel.
    Yeah Anthony has played well in recent games....suppose it's just coincidence Lin is out and that started! This 4th quarter is why I really like Kyle Korver!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭SoulGuy

Miami isn't very close to where they need to be at this point, IMO. I've seen plenty of teams flip the switch in the playoffs so by no means are they a lost cause, but those teams were usually former champions. They have some work to do.

Bynum with 30 rebounds last night.:eek:

Huge game tonight - Heat @ Bulls. It's live on ESPN UK at 01:00am.

Derrick Rose participated fully in this mornings shootaround and is a game time decision again. Really hope he plays this and if he does I think the Bulls come away with the W. If he doesn't play (despite the Bulls beating Heat without Rose the last time) unfortunately I think Miami will get the W.

Roll on 1am :)

iqA7J.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Yeah! What a ****ing win. Bulls bench > Heat starters. Overtime lineup was: Watson, Korver, Deng, Gibson, Asik.

Only got around to watching the Bulls/Heat game now without reading any spoilers.

What an overall roster the bulls have. Korvers 3 point shooting is unreal.

Only got around to watching the Bulls/Heat game now without reading any spoilers.

Really is a fantastic roster. The Bench Mob is superb. What makes it even more impressive is the amount of games Rose has missed, yet the Bulls still have the best record in the league.

Another think I really like is the spirit within the team. You see Rose last night having a stinker and getting benched down the stretch and during overtime, but yet he's up cheering the team on like a fan. How many other MVP's, star players on their team, would act like that?

Just watched it myself now. Pure entertainment IMO.
    Korvers is some shooter.
    slightly off topic but I am not a fan of the Bulls at all, however getting a fit Rose back in time for the playoffs is great timing. My favourite NBA point guard ina long time,

killwill wrote: »
    slightly off topic but I am not a fan of the Bulls at all, however getting a fit Rose back in time for the playoffs is great timing. My favourite NBA point guard ina long time,

Hope he goes well over the next few games, don't think looking at his performance against Miami, he's fully fit yet. Needs some more playing time with Rip Hamilton as well, to get a better understanding on the offensive end. With Hamilton's injuries, the starting 5 have played together very little this season. Hopefully they'll have a bit of a run together before the playoffs starts.

The 76ers are falling like a stone. The Bucks could even catch them now (they play each other in the 2nd last game of the season). Good news from a Bulls point-of-view, I'd rather play the 76ers or the Bucks than the Knicks in the first round. I'm not Carmelo's biggest fan, but a guy who can create his own shot is pretty valuable in the playoffs, and I noticed they're playing some decent defense lately as well.

The New Orleans Hornets will have a different name next season, good thing I think, it never suited them.

I've always thought the nickname 'Five' would work great for an NBA franchise, e.g. the New Orleans Five. As if the starters were a rogue group of bandits who went from town to town, destroying local basketball heroes before slaughtering townspeople and leaving devastation in their aftermath. It'd be a great psychological advantage to have if nothing else (and the Hornets don't really have anything else).

• Advertisement

I've always thought the nickname 'Five' would work great for an NBA franchise, e.g. the New Orleans Five. As if the starters were a rogue group of bandits who went from town to town, destroying local basketball heroes before slaughtering townspeople and leaving devastation in their aftermath. It'd be a great psychological advantage to have if nothing else (and the Hornets don't really have anything else).

But what about your Bench?
    I would be pissed as a shooting guard not in the starting 5 in a team with a name centred solely around the first 5 on the court.

Well it could refer to any 5 that are on the court at any given time. And coaches could use it as a motivator for fringe players, "Don't you wanna be one of the New Orleans Five, McGettigan?!?" I'm not gonna lie, it doesn't even exist (yet...) and I already want to be one of the New Orleans Five.

Heat @ Knicks tonight.

Big game for the Heat after losing to the Celtics and Bulls recently. Knicks will be wanting to keep their excellent home run going as they aim for a 10th straight win at MSG.

Looking forward to this one.

5 sounds awesome but jazz should have been new orleans day one

nerd69 wrote: »
    5 sounds awesome but jazz should have been new orleans day one

Jazz would have been savage for them alright.
    What else do they have in New Orleans that they could associate with the franchise?
    Is there anything catchy got to do with Mardi Gras?

New Orleans Flash?

The Knicks really need Amare back for the playoffs.

new orleans saints just to confuse the crap outa people

Last night a starting lineup of...

PG: Greivis Vasquez
    SG: Marco Belinelli
    SF: Al-Farouq Aminu
    PF: Lance Thomas
    C: Jason Smith

faced off against a starting lineup of...

PG: Kemba Walker
    SG: Gerald Henderson
    SF: Derrick Brown
    PF: Byron Mullens
    C: Bismack Biyombo

...in what might be touted as the worst game in the last 20 years had anyone actually watched it. Hornets won 75-67.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yeah the Bobcats are just absolutely woeful at the moment. They must hope they draft a franchise player which has helped a lot of teams in the past ie. Tim Duncan for the Spurs in 1997 and Wade for the Heat in 2003.

Advertisement