Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

slick89 wrote: »
    What do Warriors fans on here make of Lacob being booed last night during the ceremony for Mullin? It looked pretty embarrassing.

Pretty stupid if you ask me, this was Chris Mullins night and the wrong time for fans to show their discontent.
    Touted as being the best fans in the league, they did themselves no favors last night.

Lacob has shown he is far more committed than Cohan ever was and is spending the money to try and turn this team around.

These fans bought tickets and sold out the arena for all these years when the team was brutal, they supported the circus act.

If people claim the boos were aimed at the recent trades then they are pretty idiotic fans. I believe these trades are far sighted trades that give the Warriors a very good chance to become a sustainable playoff team. As much as I like Monta, there is more to just scoring, the team needs to become a proper mature team that rebounds and plays defense.
    Its all well and good having high scoring exciting games but whats it all for if you don't make the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The Mavs needed overtime to win against Houston. Parsons netted a 3 with only a couple of seconds left in the 4th quarter. Brandan Wright had a brilliant game with 14 points, 6 rebounds and 7 blocks, in comparison the entire Rockets team managed the same amount of blocks as Wright. Shawn Marion was outstanding in the paint collecting 15 rebounds in a close hard-fought game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Heat/Thunder on ESPN @ 1am tonight! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Exciting win for the Bulls last night, though not sure how they did it. 2 starters out, Noah got ejected in the first half, they go 3-23 from downtown and get out-rebounded 58-44.

While you admire their fighting qualities, they got pretty lucky. Benefited from a few favourable refereeing calls down the stretch & the Raptors had some good-looking shots that went in and out.

They threw up a terrible shot at the end of overtime that Deng managed to put in just before the buzzer went.

The offense is struggling lately. Deng's shot hasn't been the same since he injured his hand. When they've won, they've scored a high percentage of 3s, but I don't think it's sustainable. They'll need Rose back for a tough run of games at the start of April.

For the Raptors, was impressed by Jose Calderon and ex-Bull James Johnson. I always liked Johnson's potential, thought he had talent but didn't get enough game time in Chicago to smooth out his rough edges. He's getting it now and playing well, he had 20 pts, 8 rebounds & 4 blocks last night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

UNC and Kansas in the ncaa tournament now. Looking like a great game nearly halftime. Lots of future nba talent on show.

link here http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/41150/1/ncaa-elite8oncbs:-baylor-vs-kentucky--(atlanta,georgia)-live-stream-online.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭SoulGuy

Gonna be very intriguing to see if Nash joins the Heat. Would be an interesting dynamic as well because you have 3 guys that are at their best with the ball in their hands on the perimeter. I'd like to see how that would play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Thanks Boston. How bad are Miami again in a big game? Great opportunity with the Bulls losing earlier today and Ray Allen out for the Celtics, and they don't show up.

The Heat are 9-7 since the all-star break, and I noticed looking at Lebron's monthly-split stats, he seems to be wearing down as the season has gone on: 28 ppg in January, 22 ppg in his last 10, despite playing more minutes. All his stats are down, another significant one: free throws attempted: 9.8 in January, just 5.1 in the last 10, so settling for jump-shots more, and consequently showing a steady decline in FG%.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

OKC @ Heat looks like being a cracker. Some seriously hard basketball being played.

Two pretty decent games tonight, Heat and Thunder had a real playoff feel to it for long periods, lots of hard fouls and competitiveness. Some really good matchups in there, would be a very good final.

Lakers and Clippers wasn't as good but still decent, not as much defense but entertaining all the same. Griffin had two dunks over Gasol that nearly flattened him. Clippers could well struggle in the playoffs, they don't really have a plan B, just put the ball in CPs hands and let him do the rest.

And more importantly the Warriors beat Timberwolves, I was hoping they would keep up the good work and keep on losing but they cant even do that, would be great to drop down to the bottom 5 for the draft.

That was a very entertaining night of basketball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Miami vs OKC looked like a playoff game. A 7 game finals with those two would be pretty perfect.

Derrick Rose may be back tonight after 11 games out injured. Rip is nearing full fitness and played the other night.

Getting those two on the court would be a massive boost now after suffering a slight slump over the last five games.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Lafortezza wrote: »
    Miami vs OKC looked like a playoff game. A 7 game finals with those two would be pretty perfect.
    Perfect stage for LeBron to fail again ;)

Rose not able to go tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

kmart6 wrote: »
    Rose not able to go tonight!

Whats time is it starting? Great win for knicks, not sure if ill make bulls game!

Started a few minutes ago!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Started a few minutes ago!

Ya it was a wild night for me. Caught the 2nd half of my knicks blowing out magic, dwight didnt try a leg, with chuck calling his attempt to post up " half assed ,." It was late by the time that was over and then I decided to watch the bulls game. A great game it was too, with the gritty bulls showing that resolve they have shown all season to somehow overcome the celtics. Interesting to see Doc choosing to play Allen as a 6th man, which seems to make sense, bradley is a lock down d kind of guy and can get to the ring. Will be interesting to see how Allen handles not starting games though... By the time that game was over it was heading on for 5 so I got no sleep at and just stayed up and read the reaction around the league to Stan Van Gundy bizzare pre game interview when he openly admitted Howard is actively trying to get him sacked. I thought this was shocking and SVG honesty made it almost more uncomfortable.

This NBA, its no good for your health, living in Ireland!

What a mess that organisation is at the minute.

Not liking how Howard is behaving at all, fair enough he wanted out, wants SVG gone but at least stop trying to play the nice guy all the time. Just grow a pair and say whats on your mind and stop the childish antics. Stepping out of huddles and stuff, so disrespectful to the organisation.

SVG is a pretty good coach at the end of the day, some superstars might not like the way he does things but he knows how to coach a team pretty well.
    Howard badly needs an older more professional leader to help him where ever he ends up.

That was easily the most awkward thing I've seen in sports in quite some time.

I'd also disagree with Inside the NBA's take on it. The problem with these guys is that they don't really understand Stan Van Gundy's motivations behind leaking it to the media. Stan already realizes that he's going to get thrown under the bus for this horrible season regardless. He's simply trying to expose Dwight Howard's duplicity.

• Advertisement

SoulGuy wrote: »
    That was easily the most awkward thing I've seen in sports in quite some time.

I'd also disagree with Inside the NBA's take on it. The problem with these guys is that they don't really understand Stan Van Gundy's motivations behind leaking it to the media. Stan already realizes that he's going to get thrown under the bus for this horrible season regardless. He's simply trying to expose Dwight Howard's duplicity.

I agree with you, I think he just wants to expose Howard as you said. I think SVG is a pretty straight forward guy and a bit sick and tired of all the BS.

I also disagree with them about losing the team, how many NBA coaches really have full control and respect off their team in the first place, at the moment I would say Rivers, Thibodeau, Popovich, Alderman, Karl maybe Brooks and more but even with these throw one grumpy star player and you got one mess on your hands. Look at the torture Karl went through with Anthony.

Lose Howard and I am sure SVG would have his team back, might no be a great team but a team none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

il be honest howard is starting to annoy me a lot more than lebron

I'm not optimistic about our chances of getting past the 1st round of playoffs with all of this still ongoing. And I'm not sure if I have immense respect for Van Gundy for standing up to him or disdain for not sucking it up, keeping his mouth shut and playing happy families until the playoffs finished.

This is a great ESPN debate on the Dwight saga, which is kind of agreeing with what you are saying. SVG sagahttp://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7782492

van gundy will stay with orlando howard is gagging to move to new york that says it all for me the only issue is trying to get fair trade value for howard

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Borisss

Melo!

I think the Knicks are probably most people's second favourite team at this stage, are they? What a regular season they're having. The bad news is that it looks like they're going to displace the 76ers for 7th and get Miami in the 1st round...but if there was ever a team to pull off a huge, fairytale upset...

leggo wrote: »
    I think the Knicks are probably most people's second favourite team at this stage, are they? What a regular season they're having. The bad news is that it looks like they're going to displace the 76ers for 7th and get Miami in the 1st round...but if there was ever a team to pull off a huge, fairytale upset...

i still have the heat the thunder and the bulls (if rose is healthy) ahead of them

leggo wrote: »

Ya the knicks are a fun team to support, they are my no.1, I have an Anthony jersey! But they need STAT back soon and try and catch the magic. IF SVG stays to the end of the season(and it is looking increasingly likely that he will) they will struggle. Add to that Dwight's back injury which will eventually have to be rested and I think the knicks could make a run at that 6th spot

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, I can't disagree with you. Knicks have the fight and will to win we're lacking badly at Magic. I'd like to think we'll pull it together enough to hang onto 6th but you guys could easily do it. Oh well, we're 2-2 with Heat during regular season so, if Knicks do (ahem) nick 6th then I can always pray Heat are slow to start come play-off time. Definitely don't see Knicks in 8th with Magic and 76ers looking so lacklustre though.

Advertisement