Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Was it taken with a potato?

Screenshot from video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

POGAN wrote: »
    I got sent this one of the limited i40 saloons marked
    Captioned
    “We don’t like the gards”

But when the dealer he sells for finds out he left him 40 euro short of the collection he love us all of sudden. Lol

Strange looking seeing a marked saloon that’s not a Ford

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Borgo

I got sent this one of the limited i40 saloons marked

How many of these are actually on the fleet would anyone know and where are they based? Great find.

I like that Tucson, it’s the one thing Harris wanted to do with fleet was to fit logos on the “unmarked”. Reminds of the old retro looking white Sierras they had many a year ago.

I like that Tucson, it’s the one thing Harris wanted to do with fleet was to fit logos on the “unmarked”. Reminds of the old retro looking white Sierras they had many a year ago.

Aren’t they called slicktops... everyone knows an unmarked the really covert cars no one would have a clue if thats

Even thought I know traffic unit that made serious killing in speeders, belts and mobile phones in i30 unmarked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Aren’t they called slicktops... everyone knows an unmarked the really covert cars no one would have a clue if thats

Even thought I know traffic unit that made serious killing in speeders, belts and mobile phones in i30 unmarked

With the cage in the boot, I see these a mile away...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Seen a few Fire Engines posted up. If you are on Facebook have a look at Sidheæn Teo
    https://www.facebook.com/S%C3%ADdhe%C3%A1n-Teo-389281371267003/
    Seems to be a mixture of Volvos and Scanias. I suppose it is up to each County Council to decide what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭ratracer

sgthighway wrote: »
    Seen a few Fire Engines posted up. If you are on Facebook have a look at Sidheæn Teo
    https://www.facebook.com/S%C3%ADdhe%C3%A1n-Teo-389281371267003/
    Seems to be a fixture of Volvos and Scanias. I suppose it is up to each County Council to decide what they want.

It is a local authority decision alright. The Scania chassis is cheaper than the Volvo one. I would agree with the other poster that the Volvo is arguably a better fit for an urban environment, I would prefer them to the Scania on that regard, although the newer Volvo is now also in the bigger FE chassis as opposed to previous FL, so that cancels out their advantage.

Cork City have used the bigger Volvo chassis for a while now, and they look like a huge machine in the road.

I don’t think any other force would have a 13 year old car on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭roadmaster

This morning an ASU SUV went by me with full sirens going. They should be standard sirens on all garda cars certainly gets your attention compare to some of the other sirens that you can barely hear

• Advertisement

roadmaster wrote: »
    This morning an ASU SUV went by me with full sirens going. They should be standard sirens on all garda cars certainly gets your attention compare to some of the other sirens that you can barely hear

Sirens on the Mondeo were brilliant but I would love the sirens on the US squads.

Sirens on the Mondeo were brilliant but I would love the sirens on the US squads.

Yeah, each state seems to have its own set depending on the regulations.

I don’t the rumbler which the NYPD use, would be allowed here. Decibel meters would explode.

Yeah, each state seems to have its own set depending on the regulations.

I don’t the rumbler which the NYPD use, would be allowed here. Decibel meters would explode.

The rumbler is absolutely brilliant, it's in the UK on some units.
    The NYPD unit basso many different sounds and options, they are loud.
    Can't see an issue with having a system where if it warranted it to be slightly quieter and louder when on a serious run as to warn others, the rumbler gives it the extra awareness and much easier to tell which direction.

Miss the Mondeo sirens, the closest in the transit connect which sounds very British but loud which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

But aren't the sirens in the old mondeos the same ones in the i40/i30s up until a couple of year ago with the exception of unmarked cars ? Haztec sirens I believe.

Seen an old E60 5 series on blues yesterday. A while since I've seen one of them.

But aren't the sirens in the old mondeos the same ones in the i40/i30s up until a couple of year ago with the exception of unmarked cars ? Haztec sirens I believe.

Seen an old E60 5 series on blues yesterday. A while since I've seen one of them.

Different sounder, the Mondeo had a drawn out whale in it, you just knew it was Mondeo or focus for example.

Was oy thinking earlier remember Dundrum 2002/04 Toyota Corolla saloon marked unit doing laps of ballinteer, broadford and Dundrum chasing a mitsubishi pajero.... The two had some battle wounds as they passed my house 3 times, woke me up very early hours of morning, listened and watched.... Was a great night.

The new unmarked 202 insignia. Seriously quick machine.

Getting many? What spec?
    The estate are near end aren't they

Getting many? What spec?

i seen haven’t seen many, cdti saloon. Bog standard. I know you are into lighting etc you won’t be happy with this one lol.

i seen haven’t seen many, cdti saloon. Bog standard. I know you are into lighting etc you won’t be happy with this one lol.

:-).... If one can't be seen then what's the point....

The i40 from 2018 on have slight improvement that you can see the blue in rear light cluster. Not great but improvement all the same....

Are they running with the extra power and manual handbrake

:-).... If one can't be seen then what's the point....

The i40 from 2018 on have slight improvement that you can see the blue in rear light cluster. Not great but improvement all the same....

Are they running with the extra power and manual handbrake

Not really just regular engine, handbrake is manual button type.

The lights on the golf R and some traffic units are good, they light housing are in the corners of the windows

• Advertisement

Not really just regular engine, handbrake is manual button type.

The lights on the golf R and some traffic units are good, they light housing are in the corners of the windows

They aren’t great light up but very nice car! Only unmarked currently

They aren’t great light up but very nice car! Only unmarked currently

The insignia, yeah agreed, but if it was a sunny day you’d struggle to see the lights

The insignia, yeah agreed, but if it was a sunny day you’d struggle to see the lights

You would honestly think they would have some standards better then what they sign off on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

Useless if you have to wear a stab vest while driving....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Getting many? What spec?
    UK Police spec Insignia from the factory...
    https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/fleet/range/special-vehicles.html

Capri wrote: »
    UK Police spec Insignia from the factory...
    https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/fleet/range/special-vehicles.html

So the 136ps I would guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 john.Reid

Not ags

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

john.Reid wrote: »
    Not ags

Ah no its ok, no need to expand on that very detailed answer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 john.Reid

Ah no its ok, no need to expand on that very detailed answer :rolleyes:

Haha your right, but I have no idea who owns it. But can categorically confirm it's not an ags vehicle.

• Advertisement

So the 136ps I would guess.

As the last ones were the 195 I'd say they'll go for 170.

Advertisement