Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Opel Insignia Estate unmarked with Red/Blue on the front dash. First time I have even seen red in the front.

Bought of eBay most likely, have one that fits on sun visor and it's exactly that but worst part is I wanted the orange and white and they shipped the wrong one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Opel Insignia Estate unmarked with Red/Blue on the front dash. First time I have even seen red in the front.

No ES vehicle has red to the front.

No ES vehicle has red to the front.

Saw that Insignia a couple of years back on Church St with sirens going, red/blue dash master too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Saw that Insignia a couple of years back on Church St with sirens going, red/blue dash master too.

All ES vehicles are subject to EU standardisation. No flashing red lights are to be visible from the front of the vehicle. Sounds bogey as fook

Go onto AliExpress and you'll have lights and siren for under €50.

Could well be fire though as some use their personal cars....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Patrol cars only permit use of red on the back of the car not the front. Rear reds with blue, front blue and white

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Insignia estates up at Harcourt St, maybe someone up at the Depot colour blind ....cousin of the guy who swopped sirens between the Transit connect and an X5. Heard the whiney siren up by the Green, expected the Transit but an X5 arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Capri wrote: »
    Insignia estates up at Harcourt St, maybe someone up at the Depot colour blind ....cousin of the guy who swopped sirens between the Transit connect and an X5. Heard the whiney siren up by the Green, expected the Transit but an X5 arrived

The same as new unmarks coming out and bikes too!

Yeah it’s not like the US or Oz whereby they can same colours all around the car, I know the transit connect you are speaking about they have that along with the LWB transit in pearse all have the same sounders, very UK like sound,

Does this mean they are changing back to the louder sirens, the best we had were in the focus and Mondeo 2007 era.

• Advertisement

I think it’s to do with warrents out of the uk after all the bmw issues with retrofitting lights in depot not being covered under the warranty

The sirens on the Q7 are brutal too and I find the front blues on the overhead light bar poor as they all flash together, it doesn't stand out as much as either side....

All ES vehicles are subject to EU standardisation. No flashing red lights are to be visible from the front of the vehicle. Sounds bogey as fook

Go onto AliExpress and you'll have lights and siren for under €50.

If it was someone acting the bollox in their own car I'd imagine they'd have come to more attention in the space of a few years.

If it was someone acting the bollox in their own car I'd imagine they'd have come to more attention in the space of a few years.

Haven't heard anything about the lad in the seat with the Garda sticker in rear window and led blocks in Windows

Haven't heard anything about the lad in the seat with the Garda sticker in rear window and led blocks in Windows

I think someone said he removed them.

But it's unlikely that someone is driving an Insignia estate around for at least three years without coming to more notice.

I’ve seen that car nearly everyday up until I heard he was summoned to coolock presumably to show the car to someone. I haven’t seen it since.

I had an incident about a year ago when a navy estate VW golf 02 MH shot by on my way home at Santry cross had full reds and blue with a whaler Russian police car type sound from it.
    I have a quick enough car so I went after it an lads in swords picked it up. That was a fake patrol car. He claimed to be a medical first responder and was going to a call.

People just have a fantasy about driving a garda car lol it’s not all it’s cracked up to be, majority of the time your shouting a the speedometer move...

That’s the colleges old mondeo isn’t it? Based in Galway

Them Volvo's look well....

UK always had a nice pool of great cars.

Volvo's can be absolute rockets...

POGAN wrote: »

It looks like it is pictured just outside pollys lol

Them Volvo's look well....

UK always had a nice pool of great cars.

Volvo's can be absolute rockets...

Yeah they have unbelievable thump in them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭ratracer

Yep, that’s in Galway.

That’s ford ranger is divisional scene of crime isn’t it

That’s ford ranger is divisional scene of crime isn’t it

I haven’t a clue, I was told it’s Roads someone here working with me but I stand to be corrected, I don’t know anyone in that division to ask

Well I'd leave it for dead..,.. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I’ve seen that car nearly everyday up until I heard he was summoned to coolock presumably to show the car to someone. I haven’t seen it since...

He hasn’t been at work since he gained some attention, was only talking about him the other day and wondered if he’d been picked up for it, although surely he’d have gotten bail at this stage. Car hasn’t been seen in a while and the last few days he was in work, there was no sign of the car 🀔

He hasn’t been at work since he gained some attention, was only talking about him the other day and wondered if he’d been picked up for it, although surely he’d have gotten bail at this stage. Car hasn’t been seen in a while and the last few days he was in work, there was no sign of the car 🀔

Possibly parked up too much heat, he’s been found by gards and folks who know what to look in a patrol car...

I was driving home yesterday saw both Audi Q7 and BMW attached to Cork City ASU with blues on. The BMW X5 lights are way better than Q7... you can really see the small light doesn’t work the best.

I have seen one of the think (as32) in DMR with the different light bar looks way better

I was driving home yesterday saw both Audi Q7 and BMW attached to Cork City ASU with blues on. The BMW X5 lights are way better than Q7... you can really see the small light doesn’t work the best.

I have seen one of the think (as32) in DMR with the different light bar looks way better

The BMW have the UK type for that time.,.

They keep changing though.

They are though a huge improvement to the old strobes which couldn't be seen in daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Love the styling of Insignias, heaps of ****e though.

• Advertisement

Re the post of dmr insigna using the new speed gun which does link to activity mobility so easier to issue fcnps without intercepting the car

Advertisement