Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

It could be a council vehicle. Semi state body. HSE have ambulances registered all over the place.

Everyone buys from the same approved list of vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It could be a council vehicle. Semi state body. HSE have ambulances registered all over the place.

Everyone buys from the same approved list of vehicles.

Special purchase and some are even confiscated vehicles....

Special purchase and some are even confiscated vehicles....

I'm talking about the general fleets. Just like every 4x4 being the Ford Ranger

I'm talking about the general fleets. Just like every 4x4 being the Ford Ranger

Don't forget the Tucson now for the roads units.

Don't forget the Tucson now for the roads units.

Which only came in the last year and are being used by DFB.

• Advertisement

Which only came in the last year and are being used by DFB.

Correct...

Wonder when the new Skoda batch are coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Who decides the approved list??????.

How many manufacturers are on it and is it the approved list that's leading to so many Hyundai's - ie the criteria for the list encourages you to go Hyundai.

Old diesel wrote: »
    Who decides the approved list??????.

How many manufacturers are on it and is it the approved list that's leading to so many Hyundai's - ie the criteria for the list encourages you to go Hyundai.

Tenders issue every few years for different classes of vehicle. The lists are drawn up from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Should be soon for AGS, other public service already delivered from that tender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Excuse what might be an obvious question but what Skoda models are they getting?

Hogzy wrote: »
    Excuse what might be an obvious question but what Skoda models are they getting?

Some suppose to be high powered but mostly ordinary so I guess.... Octavia, superb and kodiaq....

They actually do have a few 2018 kodiaq unmarked units.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Some suppose to be high powered but mostly ordinary so I guess.... Octavia, superb and kodiaq....

The Superb is a great looking motor, will it be any good for policing duties though? They seem like a very sluggish motor

carzony wrote: »
    The Superb is a great looking motor, will it be any good for policing duties though? They seem like a very sluggish motor

They have a few 2009/10 ones look well.

Can't say definitely that's what they are getting but it will be interesting to see something other then a i30 or i40

They have a few 2009/10 ones look well.

Can't say definitely that's what they are getting but it will be interesting to see something other then a i30 or i40

They purchased too many Hyundai's. Even the unmarked ones standout now. They should definetely try and mix the brands up in future.

They purchased too many Hyundai's. Even the unmarked ones standout now. They should definetely try and mix the brands up in future.

It's always the same, when it was mainly ford.

They think unmarked is covert..... Not when the car is the most paddy spec with hub caps and near any other one out there has alloys and so on...

They all stick out a mile to me...

It's always the same, when it was mainly ford.

They think unmarked is covert..... Not when the car is the most paddy spec with hub caps and near any other one out there has alloys and so on...

They all stick out a mile to me...

For the most part, they're only unmarked because they don't need to be marked though, not because they need to be covert.

For the most part, they're only unmarked because they don't need to be marked though, not because they need to be covert.

That's not what I got back when I complained of lack of lighting and sh1t sirens fitted since 2014 lights -17 sirens onwards.

They want to be covert and discreet so lights are hidden.... Well obviously I get that but a single led on dash isn't making much effort at all.

The lights in rear indicators cluster can't be seen day or night unless you stand at a 45° angle to the side/rear of the car.

Hence why a lot have been fitted afterwards with red/blue led in rear top corners of window.

That's not what I got back when I complained of lack of lighting and sh1t sirens fitted since 2014 lights -17 sirens onwards.

They want to be covert and discreet so lights are hidden.... Well obviously I get that but a single led on dash isn't making much effort at all.

The lights in rear indicators cluster can't be seen day or night unless you stand at a 45° angle to the side/rear of the car.

Hence why a lot have been fitted afterwards with red/blue led in rear top corners of window.

They'll use any excuse, but I imagine the reason is €€€

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Some already on the unmarked fleet in cork

• Advertisement

kooga wrote: »
    Some already on the unmarked fleet in cork

What's the biggest amount of car type?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Immigration have a 192 Superb estate in the airport.

They'll use any excuse, but I imagine the reason is €€€

Stated they were complying with EU standard and are adequate....

Anyone thinks any response vehicle should have a toned down siren needs checking as I find mostly can only rely on lighting but these have been the lower wattage bars fitted too.

When I'm driving especially a bus you can't hear them at all. Lights at night stand out more but near invisible in the day.

Look back when mainly Mondeo or focus and so on at least front side bumper had lights fitted this is no longer done.

They have really penny pinched on the gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

In pre facelift form the Mk 3 Superb has been offered with a variety of engines.

The UK got 220 and 280 ps 2.0 TFSIs.

The 2 litre diesels were 150 and 190.

150 isn't terribly slow with 8.8 secs to 60 in the DSG version.

Non sports suspension rolls a bit but I assume (hope) that Skoda use different suspension on emergency services cars .

Old diesel wrote: »
    In pre facelift form the Mk 3 Superb has been offered with a variety of engines.

The UK got 220 and 280 ps 2.0 TFSIs.

The 2 litre diesels were 150 and 190.

150 isn't terribly slow with 8.8 secs to 60 in the DSG version.

Non sports suspension rolls a bit but I assume (hope) that Skoda use different suspension on emergency services cars .

I would personally consider any type of a Skoda an upgrade from the Hyundai.
    I will say the unmarked i40 saloons are a cracking looking motor though, especially in black :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

What's the biggest amount of car type?

octavia x 2

Suprised that car has not been marked up properly yet. Are they leaving it like that?

https://twitter.com/gardainfo

Suprised that car has not been marked up properly yet. Are they leaving it like that?

https://twitter.com/gardainfo

I think it's with a compol unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

I had to get out of the way of a 162 D Silver Lwb Toyota landcruiser yesterday on tallaght bypass, blues on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Borgo

Unmarked 2006 Corolla hatchback still doing the rounds in Ballyfermot.

Advertisement