Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink driver steals garda car in Dublin, drives to Armagh

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Leftist wrote: »
    Depends of course how good you are at it.

Some people drive better on drink/drugs. Motivates us to concentrate and take chances.

Quite possibly the most moronic thing I've ever seen on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

MagicSean wrote: »

Why don't you calm down and stop troll-feeding.

There'd probably be less of them around without people like you jumping up and down over every moranic post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

You must be new then.

Don't tell me that you've never spun down the offy for a few more cans before closing time? Or found yourself stuck for a taxi between pub closing and party starting?

Come on.

Rules are made to be broken.

every moranic post.

As in kevin moran?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭OS119

He'd face charges in both jurisdictions. He'd probably be charged and bailed in NI and have a warrant issued for him in the Republic

does that mean that if he doesn't set foot in the Republic again he's got away with it, or that when he's bailed for the NI offences, the PSNI will re-arrest him for extradition to the Republic?

cheers.

• Advertisement

OS119 wrote: »
    does that mean that if he doesn't set foot in the Republic again he's got away with it, or that when he's bailed for the NI offences, the PSNI will re-arrest him for extradition to the Republic?

cheers.

No extradition treaty between both countries. If he keeps his head straight and stalls it up north for about a year it will all blow over.

his only problem is some goody two shoes ratting him out. Place is full of them these days now the internet has caught on.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

Leftist wrote: »
    No extradition treaty between both countries. If he keeps his head straight and stalls it up north for about a year it will all blow over.

Was Liam Adams not recently extradited from South to the North to face criminal charges?

Is it also possible that if this guy is apprehended he will avoid the drink driving conviction as although he was arrested on "suspicion" of drink-driving, resulting from the outcome of a roadside breathalyzer, the actual charge is made based on the outcome of the second test administered in the Garda Station, i.e. intoxilyzer results or blood/urine analysis.

Why was he put in a garda car for drink driving anyway? just give him his warning and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1212/garda.html

I imagine the conversation would have went something like this

Whiskey tango to control

Go ahead Mick

Ah Paddy - can ya send out the fiesta and can ya tell the lads to be on the lookout for a stolen veh hickle reg # 05 D - Its a white focus......

Do ya need back up Mick, the Volvo boys are tooling up here?

No Paddy we need a lift back to the station - a suspected drunken driver has just hikacked the official patrol car....

Holy **** - Can you imagine the paperwork on this? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

i know dublin's a kit but he must have been dying to get out of it to steal garda car

• Advertisement

starch4ser wrote: »
    i know dublin's a kit but he must have been dying to get out of it to steal garda car

Didn't know Dublin was a kit.

Learn something new everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I had to laugh when I read the reference to the "Garda Air Arm" in the news reports and thought: "--- and pigs will fly!":rolleyes:

If the Government could afford to fork out millions for aircraft, I just wonder why they didn't invest in much less expensive equipment that could have prevented this debacle.;)

It's a device used with great success by police forces all over the world and generally called ---

handcuffs.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The fact that he has not been officially tested at a Garda station with the printout or a doctors sample means that he will escape any drink driving charge. Road side fuel cell testers that Gardai use to test you don't hold up in court.

Cops must be sickened over this too. :D

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    I had to laugh when I read the reference to the "Garda Air Arm" in the news reports and thought: "--- and pigs will fly!":rolleyes:

If the Government could afford to fork out millions for aircraft, I just wonder why they didn't invest in much less expensive equipment that could have prevented this debacle.;)

It's a device used with great success by police forces all over the world and generally called ---

handcuffs.:)

Handcuffing someone for drink driving is unnessecary.

Just take the keys out of the ignition. But I suppose you can take the garda out of the bogs but you can't take the bogs out ..... etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

The fact that he has not been officially tested at a Garda station with the printout or a doctors sample means that he will escape any drink driving charge. Road side fuel cell testers that Gardai use to test you don't hold up in court.

Cops must be sickened over this too. :D
    surely theft of a marked garda vehicle, reckless/dangerous driving that followed and fleeing the juristiction while being chased would be a more serious charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Random wrote: »
    surely theft of a marked garda vehicle, reckless/dangerous driving that followed and fleeing the juristiction while being chased would be a more serious charge?

Being drunk while doing it would be far worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Has this dude been actually caught yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 britespark

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Has this dude been actually caught yet?[/QUOTEonly im ireland:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

britespark wrote: »
    QUOTE=MCMLXXV;75962864]Has this dude been actually caught yet?[/QUOTEonly im ireland:D

we should put you on some money

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Gets on to the M1 at Balbriggan, crosses the border? Could they not muster the resources and equipment to totally block the M1 for a period of time at an appropriate point so that he had nowhere to go? Beggars belief :mad: Not as if there's an exit every couple of Kilometers on the M1.

Maybe this reveals the real level of mobile Garda resources that are available when things get messy, which is not encouraging.

Then one has to ask the question, what will happen as a result of this incident. I suspect very little, maybe a slapped wrist or 2, but nothing serious, despite the implications. right up through the chain of command.

If it wasn't so darn serious, it would make a good Keystone Cops episode, but in the real world? Words fail me!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 britespark

we should put you on some money
    cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Someone won't be getting a promotion anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Accoring to RTE news the car was found in (county ?) "Armagh"

Accoring to BBC news the car was found in county Down

Were there TWO Garda cars stolen by renegade drunks last night :confused:

Advertisement