Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recessionomics - killing your own food.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    You're missing a "g" ;-)

I was being careful....LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

galwayrush wrote: »
    Liam Byrne wrote: »
    You're missing a "g" ;-)

I was being careful....LOL

Advisable, with all those wild horns around! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Earwigs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

you can legally hunt the following without a license :

Rabbits
    Grey Squirrell
    Pheasents
    Rats
    Mice
    Pigeons
    Politicians / TD's

I've eaten rabbit before killed with a shotgun. I blew the $hit out of that little bunnies fluffy tail. We cooked the rabbit then in the forrest over a pot & fire after we skinned it.

Rabbit is actually beautiful to eat IMO and is similiar but even nicer than chicken.

The cuter and fluffier the rabbit the nicer it tastes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    you can legally hunt the following without a license :

Rabbits
    Grey Squirrell
    Pheasents
    Rats
    Mice
    Pigeons
    Politicians / TD's

I've eaten rabbit before killed with a shotgun. I blew the $hit out of that little bunnies fluffy tail. We cooked the rabbit then in the forrest over a pot & fire after we skinned it.

Rabbit is actually beautiful to eat IMO and is similiar but even nicer than chicken.

The cuter and fluffier the rabbit the nicer it tastes

You can, with a gun which requires a licence.

deer require a licence to hunt with a rifle of a minimum calibre during a season.
    Some animals are protected and cant be hunted with or without licence
    most birds have a season which can only be hunted with a shotgun.

other animals such as foxes, rabbits,mink, grey squirrel, grey crows and magpies can be hunted all year round with a shotgun or rifle or trap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's a good time of year for mouse hunting, the best thing is they come to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I reckon I could live off the land, I am resourceful enough and I have seen a lot of Bear Grylls, but I would rather not.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

44leto wrote: »
    I reckon I could live off the land, I am resourceful enough and I have seen a lot of Bear Grylls, but I would rather not.
    Hunting in Ireland is easy. Dress as a farmer and carry a bag of feed into any field, when the cows come up to you just shot one of them in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

ScumLord wrote: »
    Hunting in Ireland is easy. Dress as a farmer and carry a bag of feed into any field, when the cows come up to you just shot one of them in the head.

How would you manage to haul the dead animal onto a trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

ScumLord wrote: »

with your slingshot?? good look with that:D try for the one with the ring in the nose.. they are the easiest :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement