Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

They were at my door a few times in the last year. A group of lads from the traveling community, selling multi colored kitchen knives. They were fairly forceful in bartering even though i had no interest in buying anything.

I had a call from them last week too (Mulhuddart). I had no interest either but yer man was quite persistent. The price more than halved in the 30 seconds or so that the conversation lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Indiscussa

In Clonsilla, they were 4 but i didnt see any van... One of them actually looked kind of wasted, was not even listening to me saying i have the baby crying..When he showed me the knife i just closed the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

In summerfield last night 2 "ladies" begging door to door, same ethnicity as others are mentioning and battered the door till I opened and chased them away.

Out cleaning the car last Saturday and a lad approached offering to power hose the driveway, ended up telling him to get out of the driveway when he wouldnt take a polite "no thanks" for an answer. Watched him knock the neighbours door very hard and eventually his pals pulled up and they headed off.

Sick of having them calling begging etc, gets old very quickly and the force used to knock the door obviously testing alarms.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

Some clown decided to tag the wall on the Clonsilla Link Road last night with graffiti and then proceeded to continue his 'artistic' tirade on the wall of St. Mochtas school on the section facing the Clonsilla Road. Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭whatsername42

That's terrible. The parents helped to paint that part of St mochtas school only last year. Can't understand what pleasure these asses get from defacing public property.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Just got a knock on the door from a woman with a tag around her neck, She asked to speak with the home owner, I asked about what? she said "Im from home secure" or something similar, I said Im not interested in anything - She said "Your not interested in, Anything?" in a sarcastic voice ... Get the fcuk away from my door and dont ever knock back here again she was told.

Hartstown area.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Just got a knock on the door from a woman with a tag around her neck, She asked to speak with the home owner, I asked about what? she said "Im from home secure" or something similar, I said Im not interested in anything - She said "Your not interested in, Anything?" in a sarcastic voice ... Get the fcuk away from my door and dont ever knock back here again she was told.

Hartstown area.

Are you warning us about you or her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

If anybody was sarcastic to me at my door I'd tell them not to bother knocking again either.

In fact, I'd have probably told her that I might have changed my mind and listened if she had been nice about it but since her attitude stank I didn't want to hear it and to leave my premises immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Im warning yous about me obv, any other cold callers who get sarcastic and cheeky at my front door will get the same treatment you have been warned :rolleyes:

On a side note, My kids have just come in and told me that she had knocked in 4 times during the day while I was out, During the visits they said she was taking a good look at the front of the house from the garden and she was taking note's.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Im warning yous about me obv, any other cold callers who get sarcastic and cheeky at my front door will get the same treatment you have been warned :rolleyes:

On a side note, My kids have just come in and told me that she had knocked in 4 times during the day while I was out, During the visits they said she was taking a good look at the front of the house from the garden and she was taking note's.

Taking notes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Home Secure seems to be a real company, but if you dont like her behaviour on your property, report her anyway.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Gerlad wrote: »
    Taking notes?

Legit sales people often take notes when going door to door. Which houses they've called to, did they get an answer, did they make a sale, should they call back later etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 robhall_ie

Does anyone around ONGAR in the Stralem/Annaly/Delhurst areas have a problem with stones being thrown at their home?

Yesterday afternoon I got a (half fist) size rock thrown at my kitchen windows. Luckily it hit the metal surround otherwise it would have smashed the window. After speaking to the kids who were around they gave me the name of the kid who did it.

I'm interested to talk to other people in the area who have similar problems. Please send me a private message.

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

caught teenage boys putting fireworks in the drains in front of houses in the briarwood area yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Saturday morning, Tesco car park in Roselawn.
    I saw a young woman standing at the passenger door of a red Porsche, encouraged by a man sitting in their car parked nearby. I thought that he was going to take a photo of her at the car.

She then checked the passenger door and it was not locked! She returned to the car and he got into the Porsche and had a good root around the car for a few mins before returning to his car and driving off.

I noted his reg. When I came out of Tesco I spoke with the security guard and we went to the Porsche and found the female owner there. I told her what I saw and she commented that she had smelt smoke (the man was smoking).

Talk about opportunistic!
    I have reported the incident to the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Did anyone else just hear what sounded like a load of gunfire down in the Hartstown direction? Either that or someone was letting off fireworks before it even got dark...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Arciphel wrote: »
    Did anyone else just hear what sounded like a load of gunfire down in the Hartstown direction? Either that or someone was letting off fireworks before it even got dark...

just speaking with my mam, she's in whitestown and my brother thought it sounded like it was coming from corduff direction...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

see post 2745 - maybe a connection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

just speaking with my mam, she's in whitestown and my brother thought it sounded like it was coming from corduff direction...

I'm in Waterville across the road from Corduff and didn't hear anything

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I am in Carpenterstown and heard the noise. More than likely fireworks as there was a lot of bangs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

daymobrew wrote: »
    More than likely fireworks as there was a lot of bangs.

Yeah, I thought it was fireworks. Strange for a Monday night in July but more likely that than an AK47.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Probably just a wedding up in Luttrelstown letting off fireworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh way too many bangs to be gunshots...fireworks in Luttrelstown I'd say although I didn't see anything in the sky

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭StoptheClocks

There was a concert on somewhere. There was fireworks at the end. I could hear the music all evening in springlawn. I couldn't tell what direction it was coming from and i didn't see the fireworks but heard them. It was still daylight when they went off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Probably a wedding at luttrellstown castle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

What kind of genius at a function sets off fireworks when it's not even dark out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Had the same crowd yesterday. Probably same woman. Very hard to get her to go away without being rude. Knocked both me outside porch door and the inside front door so set the dogs off. Fairly irritating.

dickwod1 wrote:

Hartstown area.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

<SNIP> blue Ford Transit having a good look around Summerfield this morning. Only a driver in it. He went into every road within the estate. Seemed odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

DaveD wrote: »
    blue Ford Transit having a good look around Summerfield this morning. Only a driver in it. He went into every road within the estate. Seemed odd.

You should call local Garda st. if you ever see something suspicious like that.

I have done for some of these going around watching areas/houses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

DaveD wrote: »
    blue Ford Transit having a good look around Summerfield this morning. Only a driver in it. He went into every road within the estate. Seemed odd.

I've seen that van in Springlawn a few times. I think they collect those "charity" bags that they deliver the annoying stickers through your door for.

Advertisement