Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

By that logic I should be telling you about my neighbour getting into a drunken fight with another neighbour in the street last weekend.

This particular event, which there seems to be two different versions of, with varying locations, and participants, is of no use to anyone in the sense of keeping their community informed and safe. Unless people in your area make a habit of hitting people with their cars?

I'm just expressing an opinion here, if you're all happy to keep gossiping by all means go ahead.

I don't no about other people but I would definitely want to know it my neighbours are violent. I want to know what kind of people live around me so I can protect myself and my family.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

PucaMama wrote: »
    I don't no about other people but I would definitely want to know it my neighbours are violent. I want to know what kind of people live around me so I can protect myself and my family.

People reacting to specific one off incidents with violence is not indicative of people being inherently violent though. If someone ran your child over you'd probably get a bit angry. Doesn't mean you're a threat to the general public on a daily basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

People reacting to specific one off incidents with violence is not indicative of people being inherently violent though. If someone ran your child over you'd probably get a bit angry. Doesn't mean you're a threat to the general public on a daily basis.

Would you rob the persons belongings though?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

January wrote: »

It's still the same situation though. Have they robbed other people's belongings in the area? Are they faking accidents with the intent to rob? Are they hanging around car parks or traffic lights scoping out cars to see which ones have stuff worth taking?

I'm not saying what they did was right I am just saying that it's a one off very specific situation that, unless people make a habit of running people over, is not likely to happen again and therefore informing the whole of D15 about it is unnecessary in terms of Neighbourhood Watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I probably would for a wallet or phone as it's one way to find out the drivers identity to pursue a criminal and civil case.

• Advertisement

That wasn't the incident near me the one near me was the Roma man came out of the house with an axe and then tried to hide it when the guards were on their way. Clear thinking for someone so out of control with anger, or is it someone who new what he was doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

PucaMama wrote: »
    That wasn't the incident near me the one near me was the Roma man came out of the house with an axe and then tried to hide it when the guards were on their way. Clear thinking for someone so out of control with anger, or is it someone who new what he was doing?

It was the incident near me that involved the robbing.

Sorry January I quoted the wrong post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

I probably would for a wallet or phone as it's one way to find out the drivers identity to pursue a criminal and civil case.

to steal the wallet, the car had to be stopped.
    if the car was stopped, then recording the license plate should be a doddle.
    if the car was stopped and the wallet is there, its safe to assume the driver is there, so its not a hit and run. Call the gardai and allow them to do their job.
    this is a report about people who took the law into their own hands and dished out their own justice.
    that may seem like gossip to you, but id prefer to be aware of an issue of vigilante justice in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

I keep wondering myself sometime,how do i say it in a nice terms...are the people that plans these bad activities , are they watching this topic as well !??

• Advertisement

folan wrote: »
    to steal the wallet, the car had to be stopped.
    if the car was stopped, then recording the license plate should be a doddle.
    if the car was stopped and the wallet is there, its safe to assume the driver is there, so its not a hit and run. Call the gardai and allow them to do their job.
    this is a report about people who took the law into their own hands and dished out their own justice.
    that may seem like gossip to you, but id prefer to be aware of an issue of vigilante justice in the area.

While you are absolutely right in everything you said, i have given descriptions license plate numbers offered photos, got names and addresses. I have gotten nowhere with the Gardai. I am not the only one. Next step is talking with politicians.

I have heard rumors of vigilantism but cant confirm it. Its not the right way to go but i feel its a direct result of Dublin 15 not being policed properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/man-shot-in-stomach-in-west-dublin-30397675.html

It’s understood shots were fired through the front door of a home in Blanchardstown.

The bullet or bullets hit the man in the stomach and shoulder.

Emergency services rushed to the scene.

It’s believed the victim, who is in his 30s, remained conscious after the attack before he was rushed to Connolly hospital.

His condition has been described as stable.

It’s understood a a 9mm handgun was used in the shooting.

A car was subsequently found burnt-out in nearby Tyrellstown.

A full garda investigation is underway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Shooting in Beechfile Rise in Clonee in the past hour, male in his 30's shot, apparently in a stable condition in James Connolly hospital. http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/man-shot-in-stomach-in-west-dublin-30397675.html edit - dickwod1 on the ball :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

^
    Well thats pretty disturbing in a quiet well kept estate no doubt teeming with kids beginning their school holidays. I do hope there weren't many young witnesses.

AFAIK Cllr David McGuinness lives in Beechfield, no doubt he'll feature on the news later about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

He doesn't.

Then the Fingal CoCo website listing of Councillor's contacts is incorrect.

I'd say it hasn't been updated, he's living elsewhere now and it appeared in his details during the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

dickwod1 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/man-shot-in-stomach-in-west-dublin-30397675.html

It’s understood shots were fired through the front door of a home in Blanchardstown.

The bullet or bullets hit the man in the stomach and shoulder.

Emergency services rushed to the scene.

It’s believed the victim, who is in his 30s, remained conscious after the attack before he was rushed to Connolly hospital.

His condition has been described as stable.

It’s understood a a 9mm handgun was used in the shooting.

A car was subsequently found burnt-out in nearby Tyrellstown.

A full garda investigation is underway.

Car wasn't burned out in Tyrellstown.

It was in Phillblestown Woods beside the old Clonee-Clonsilla road.
    Car on fire there this morning around 10.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

Very lazy of independent.ie to not update this link...the video at the top of the page clearly states the car was found burnt out in 'Phibblestown Woods'...a quick Google search would show that address is not in Tyrellstown.

Anyway. Very scary to hear of these things happening so close to home, particularly when there was a child in the house also (according to the video report). Glad it wasn't a fatality.

I wouldn't call it lazy, just incompetent. They had a story from a couple of years ago which they said was in Tyrrelstown, it wasn't anywhere near it.

I mailed the editor asking for it to be corrected, they never replied, they never corrected it.

• Advertisement

I see they actually have the details correct today of where the car was found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I wouldn't call it lazy, just incompetent. They had a story from a couple of years ago which they said was in Tyrrelstown, it wasn't anywhere near it.

I mailed the editor asking for it to be corrected, they never replied, they never corrected it.

Their article on the tyrellstown drowning mentioned the Waterville park lake drowning and said it was unclear if it was the same lake. Miles apart!

Idiots, I didn't read the article to notice that.

It seems all that rag is good for these days celebrity gossip.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Could be legit but have seen a dark metallic blue/grey Ford Transit go up and down my road (Stockton) twice in the last half hour. Occupant is a man on his own. I have the full reg if needed.

If it is suspicious, send it on to the Gardaí. The folks on here wont do it for you, the thread is just for alerting people to particular trends or incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Larbre34 wrote: »
    If it is suspicious, send it on to the Gardaí. The folks on here wont do it for you, the thread is just for alerting people to particular trends or incidents.

Wasn't looking for someone to send it on for me. Just letting people know it was in the area in case anything happened. Often people are unable to take down full regs if an incident occurs. And FYI I did alert the gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭daymobrew

bnagrrl wrote: »
    Could be legit but have seen a dark metallic blue/grey Ford Transit go up and down my road (Stockton) twice in the last half hour. Occupant is a man on his own. I have the full reg if needed.
    In the future it might be worth standing out on the path to make sure the driver sees you seeing him.

bnagrrl wrote: »
    Wasn't looking for someone to send it on for me. Just letting people know it was in the area in case anything happened. Often people are unable to take down full regs if an incident occurs. And FYI I did alert the gardai.

You did the right thing putting it on here. Gardai dont respond to something looking suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Just back from walking my dog and noticed a red hyundai accent with two white males 20's driving around Parslickstown, very slowly as if they were looking for someone or something, I asked them if they were lost and they sped of fairly sharpish. Could be nothing, could be something, have never seen them before but keep a heads up. I have the the full reg, its a 99 D car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

eviltwin wrote: »
    Just back from walking my dog and noticed a red hyundai accent with two white males 20's driving around Parslickstown, very slowly as if they were looking for someone or something, I asked them if they were lost and they sped of fairly sharpish. Could be nothing, could be something, have never seen them before but keep a heads up. I have the the full reg, its a 99 D car.

To be fair, if I met my evil twin, I'd probably run away as well!

Advertisement