Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Friday afternoon I seen a guy in a hoodie running across the Ongar Distributor road and fall flat on his face in the middle of the road. He got up quick and kept running. But just behind him, another guy was in pursuit & caught up with him (at the bus shelter near the roundabout). He then proceeded to give him a good beating before walking back.

I spoke briefly to the guy that gave the beating. Turns out the guy in the hoodie had grabbed a girls phone, jumped the railings and ran off. He got the girls phone back, but I think it was a little damaged when the scum dropped it.

The hero of this story was just some 'white van' guy out doing some work in the area, seen what happened and gave chase. Fair play to him!

Anyway...keep an eye out when using your phone. It only takes a second for someone to grab it and run off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Friday afternoon I seen a guy in a hoodie running across the Ongar Distributor road and fall flat on his face in the middle of the road. He got up quick and kept running. But just behind him, another guy was in pursuit & caught up with him (at the bus shelter near the roundabout). He then proceeded to give him a good beating before walking back.

I spoke briefly to the guy that gave the beating. Turns out the guy in the hoodie had grabbed a girls phone, jumped the railings and ran off. He got the girls phone back, but I think it was a little damaged when the scum dropped it.

The hero of this story was just some 'white van' guy out doing some work in the area, seen what happened and gave chase. Fair play to him!

Anyway...keep an eye out when using your phone. It only takes a second for someone to grab it and run off.

Watch out for the "i tripped on broken footpath " compensation court case

• Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Silver transit doing the rounds in Littlepace there now, 4 characters doing door to door sales, ringing doorbells but banging on doors hard as well , could be to check alarms. Keep an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nomesc

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Silver transit doing the rounds in Littlepace there now, 4 characters doing door to door sales, ringing doorbells but banging on doors hard as well , could be to check alarms. Keep an eye.

Did you notify Gardaí of it too? Good to let people know but Gardaí can see if there is a pattern if people report this kind of goings on.

I didnt, I waited back from heading out to a job until they had moved on which kept me late so I had to leggit. Also Id have been less than optimistic about a response - call me cynical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Just to make sure everyone is warned - my poor old Dad (91) was mugged today at the church in blanch village. Two guys pretending to be looking for the hospital with a map crowded him & robbed his wallet. He said they were tall, dressed casually with foreign accents. Make sure to tell everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Just to make sure everyone is warned - my poor old Dad (91) was mugged today at the church in blanch village. Two guys pretending to be looking for the hospital with a map crowded him & robbed his wallet. He said they were tall, dressed casually with foreign accents. Make sure to tell everyone!

Your poor dad. I hope the scum that mugged him get what's coming to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Your poor dad. I hope the scum that mugged him get what's coming to them.

I hope so too, but sadly I think they'll get away Scott free. It's so sad to think that people would stoop so low as to attack a frail old man who can't possibly defend himself. Typical cowards, no fear they'd pick on someone their own size.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Scumbags, hope your Dad is okay. If I ever saw someone attacking a frail old man or woman, I really think I'd end up either doing time or getting myself killed! Hopefully karma will come after them.

That sort of thing should be punishable by something the mods wouldnt care for me describing.

I hope your Dad will be ok, maybe CCTV might be of help?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭420

That sort of thing should be punishable by something the mods wouldnt care for me describing.

I hope your Dad will be ok, maybe CCTV might be of help?

i thought there was a camera on those grounds near the community center beside the church.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭whatsername42

Your poor Dad - absolute scum!
    A few months ago, I was mugged by two foreign people in the Blanchardstown Centre car park - a man and a woman. He distracted me with a map while she took my wallet. Be vigilent - if anyone approaches you with a map in the blanchardstown area, walk past and don't stop - this creep actually opened my car door and leaned across at me with the map - that's how brazen they are...as always, the Gardai in Blanchardstown had no interest...sure I was fine wan't I...what was I making all the fuss about!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Just saw this article on Broadsheet, house broken into yesterday in Tyrellstown and occupant subsequently saw these markings outside his house. I always thought that this thing about secret markings outside houses was a load of guff, but maybe not? http://www.broadsheet.ie/2014/05/07/the-x-files/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

:eek::( Oh your poor Dad that's just the lowest level of scumbag ever. So sorry to hear this I hope he's ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

My house was done about 8 years ago and afterwards I noticed marks on my pillars, didn't like the idea of being targeted but didn't think much about it.

Couple of weeks ago I noticed a small blue pen mark on my front door, hard enough to leave scratch marks even when washed off, checked my pillars and a nice new scratch line on one of them.

Few nights later the alarm goes off so I decide to stay up, it goes off 1/2 an hour later but this time I'm out the door in 10 seconds with a nail bar, no sign of anyone.

Bit to much of a coincidence, or paranoia?

nudger wrote: »

Bit to much of a coincidence, or paranoia?

Neither. You're being appropriately vigilant, just make sure to report it too.

Do you mind mentioning the general location?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

nudger wrote: »
    The alarm goes off so I decide to stay up, it goes off 1/2 an hour later but this time I'm out the door in 10 seconds with a nail bar, no sign of anyone.

The only thing about bringing a bar out with you is you must be prepared to use it if a situation arises, otherwise it will be taken off you and used against you.

Neither. You're being appropriately vigilant, just make sure to report it too.

Do you mind mentioning the general location?

Laurel lodge.

dickwod1 wrote: »
    The only thing about bringing a bar out with you is you must be prepared to use it if a situation arises, otherwise it will be taken off you and used against you.

Worked doors for years back in the day, well used to confrontation, but I agree, lads think running down stairs in there jocks with a stick and there going to beat the crap out of everyone, bad move.

Currently there is a ticking time bomb in Dublin 15 with regards intruders being killed. But my mate has been approached by a documentary crew who are filming a documentary on the goings on out here. Anybody else approached ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Something going on in Clonsilla tonight, friend has just posted on FB that the Gardai are all over the place including searching her back garden

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭root69

athtrasna wrote: »
    Something going on in Clonsilla tonight, friend has just posted on FB that the Gardai are all over the place including searching her back garden

Was at some friends house in waterville. They commented that Garda going around. They might be looking for someone.

root69 wrote: »
    Was at some friends house in waterville. They commented that Garda going around. They might be looking for someone.

Two helicopters over Hartstown last I heard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Saw this news story on the Independent this morning, might be related? Two arrests after passengers stole taxi in Laurel Lodge overnight...

*edit - Just saw these lads were arrested at half two in the morning so the timing doesn't look right Athtrasna, let us know if you find out what was going on...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/two-arrests-after-passengers-stole-taxi-overnight-30255710.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

There was also a crash at Clonsilla / Lohunda where 2 lads ran off at about this time(11pm) too.

Might be related but not sure.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    There was also a crash at Clonsilla / Lohunda where 2 lads ran off at about this time(11pm) too.

Might be related but not sure.
    Connected to this according to my friends, gardai were going garden to garden looking for these guys

Another group of guys traveling around in a maroon van. They are knocking around doors with some books bought from Easons pretending to sell them. They are Irish with a "country" accent but if you answer the door, that accent changes. They are looking in the cars and for homes with nobody there. They were chased out of an estate in Ongar this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Another group of guys traveling around in a maroon van. They are knocking around doors with some books bought from Easons pretending to sell them. They are Irish with a "country" accent but if you answer the door, that accent changes. They are looking in the cars and for homes with nobody there. They were chased out of an estate in Ongar this evening.
    Same guys banged really hard at my front door and bedroom window Friday morning selling sets of kitchen knives (horrible cheap plastic handle things!!). Obviously testing to see if alarms went off. I had a bit of fun with them. I have some equipment beside my door that I use for outdoor activities. One of them is a large machete-like blade. So I grabbed it, showed it and politely told them I had all the blades I needed thanks.

If they were genuine, they wouldn't be trying to sell goods when the majority of people are in work.

So glad I work from home and am around when these guys are up to their tricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Similar thing happened in my road a couple of weeks ago, blue van, bit scruffy looking. Two lads going up & down the street banging on doors, trying to flog knives or some other junk. They woke the baby when they clattered on the door - I answered it & told them to sling their hook, but not before I shouted out to my partner (he wasn't there, but no harm them thinking he was) and I made sure to lock the door and reset the alarm before he left the door. Hate feeling uneasy in my own home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭daymobrew

If ye haven't done so already, please report these to the Gardai.

Advertisement